Is anybody else feeling underwhelmed by their port?

• I did a post on 26th Aug praising football index.

£1000 in the green. 18.6% profit. Would you be happy with that in 8 months?

That was putting in just under 5 grand

people were telling me that it was great and they'd be very happy with that.

Let me rephrase. lol

I have been on the Index for 9 months now I've put in £5445.
    My port is on mid price £5202.

In black and white I feel that is fucking shit and I've been shafted hard and I'm not the only one.

I have a 38 player port and some of my players took a huge hit and I don't think they will recover.

50 x Grealish -£2.84
    75 x Rashford -£2.82
    50 x Fernandes -£2.53
    150 x Pogba -£2.17
    50 x Loftus-cheek -£1.85
    50 x Martinelli -£1.49
    50 x Maddison -£1.41
    50 x Kane -£1.35
    50 x Gilmour -£1.35
    50 x Hudson-odoi -£1.20
    50 x Coutinho -£1.04
    50 x Pepe -£0.90
    50 x Haaland -£0.73

got messi, salah, robertson, lukaku, calvert-lewin, mahrez, mane, bale, neto, keane, sterling, neymar, bellerin, pereira, jiminez, ake, saka, henderson, martial, lingard, ronaldo, ederson, van dijk,torres and benrahma.

the list goes on and on. I'm not even thinking about selling up, I'm just curious if other people are going through the same thing.

• do you not think Gilmour and CHO will become first choice players somewhere over the next 3 years.

Or Kane and Rashford over the season and into the Euro's will be a solid hold ?

Important to remember its a 3 year bet, not 9 months.
    If you'd put that £5K on City to beat Leic you'd have zero.....one positive way to look at it.

• @Mr-Richard-T got to 30% profit in six months and most of that has been wiped out now. It's not pretty but at least divs are coming in regularly. I understand people's unhappiness, I think it will be temporary but not sure quite how long this teething stage will go on for.

If you are considering leaving, I'd sell up slowly and not take low prices - sell on spikes when a player scores etc.

• @Mr-Richard-T

The thing is that some of these are good holds and will earn well and some are not. It is not all on FI even if theyve clearly handled the transition badly.

Pepe not playing is surprising/unfortunate and was going to hit his price (but Europa could be very valuable to him). Pogba doesnt make much from playing and Bruno has killed him as an asset. He was overvalued as were some of tbe others (how much will Ake and Torres play?)

But Robbo is a great pick, VVD seems undervalued relative to earning potential. Neymar and Messi will exceed their value and bring a healthy profit. I'd assess who is likely to rise - who you have confidence in, and work out how to get out of the ones that dont. Things are not great atm but if you believe FI is still here in a few years, and still improving, then there is no reason to think you cant find profit again. But imo now is the time to focus on players with current high dividend earning potential as the market is unforgiving/impatient.

• The issue is, To cash out you either take the IS price which is way low and a huge hit OR you list your player under the 1p rule and it will not sell and the IS will just get lower.

So basically the longer that you leave it the lower the prices will get. The smart money have already cashed out and waiting for the bottom to buy back in.

• @Mr-Richard-T most people are in the same boat, most of my players are now refreshed so I have 3 years making approx. 20% a year in divs (not to mention promos and bonuses and div increases) and compound divs from reinvesting the initial divs etc

Worst case scenario my players are somehow worth 40% of what I paid for them (can't see that happening) and I probably still walk away in profit?

Short term it looks fooking horrendous, long term I struggle to see how it doesn't get so much better! :)

• @Mr-Richard-T When you purchased those players was it for what they would return in a month or a longer period?

I suspect a longer period in which case why does the green number today bother you?

• @Sav2000 said in Is anybody else feeling underwhelmed by their port?:

@Mr-Richard-T When you purchased those players was it for what they would return in a month or a longer period?

I suspect a longer period in which case why does the green number today bother you?

Because if he hadn't purchased them... he'd have more money... just a guess.

• @Dan-The-Man oh give it a break man

• @Sav2000 said in Is anybody else feeling underwhelmed by their port?:

@Dan-The-Man oh give it a break man

The mans in here showing you he's dropped something like 60-70% on Grealish in a month and you're giving him "Why do you care?"

Do you get that Grealish's sell price would need to rise 140% for people to break even on him from just 1 month ago?

140%... That's a huge uphill battle.

• I hold Grealish too, but a large part of his price tanking is because he was priced to move to Utd and instead signed a new 5 year contract at Villa. I’ll hold regardless as I’m confident the rumours and a potential move will resurface next Summer or the Summer after that. But lots of people are shortsighted and lack patience, and then have the nerve to complain that their players are falling in value (when other people are behaving in a similar way and trying to get out of holds).

For balance, I should also say that I’ve won the equivalent of 6 months worth of dividends in a single month in September and that’s not including my likely TotM winnings from Teji Savanier. I’m using my winnings to expand my collection of goalkeepers, which are a nice stable 3-year bet.

Swings and roundabouts.

• @Mr-Richard-T I'd be very happy with that after 8 months, considering everything the platform has been through and is in the final stages of going through. I've been on for just over 7 months and I'm only sitting on 7% profit but I'm happy with that.

I'm not underwhelmed with my port at all as I know they're all dividend winners and with the huge increase in dividends my profit will be very good in the future; especially when OB's come in and everything is given the chance to settle and grow.

There are players on the list you've given who will undoubtedly earn you good dividends and even some cap app for various reasons. Even those that have taken a hit (I think we all have some like that) will recover. Kane for instance is an ideal example (I also have him and keep topping him up); he's a proven dividend winner and he has the euros and world cup coming up. There are some I personally wouldn't have on your list but that's just personal choice and you have to ask yourself why you bought them and if that hasn't changed, then continue to hold.

Players will rise because of two factors; the first being natural growth when the finished product is settled and new traders come on board and the second will see players rise once people realise the profits to be made in terms of the excellent dividend increase.

Patience.

• @Erased-Citizen when do you think the 3, year rule will come in. Im very happy to be patient with my shit port but will I get my shared wipped before I see any benifits. I'm a year n half in for the early holds

• @AndydfopT said in Is anybody else feeling underwhelmed by their port?:

@Erased-Citizen when do you think the 3, year rule will come in. Im very happy to be patient with my shit port but will I get my shared wipped before I see any benifits. I'm a year n half in for the early holds

If you're a year and a half in then I'd be surprised if you're not already in good profit. So it shouldn't be a 'shit port' unless you've really bought some right clangers!

In terms of the 3-year rule, your shares won't just get wiped as they've already said they won't do that until they bring in the ability to see expiry dates on your shares (probably 2021). Even then I think (but I stand corrected), if you've not sold before then (why wouldn't you anyway) your shares would be instant sold for you.

• patience mate, time is going slow right now for everyone, it will move again when the mechanics and nasdaq are sorted

• @Erased-Citizen said in Is anybody else feeling underwhelmed by their port?:

@AndydfopT said in Is anybody else feeling underwhelmed by their port?:

@Erased-Citizen when do you think the 3, year rule will come in. Im very happy to be patient with my shit port but will I get my shared wipped before I see any benifits. I'm a year n half in for the early holds

If you're a year and a half in then I'd be surprised if you're not already in good profit. So it shouldn't be a 'shit port' unless you've really bought some right clangers!

In terms of the 3-year rule, your shares won't just get wiped as they've already said they won't do that until they bring in the ability to see expiry dates on your shares (probably 2021). Even then I think (but I stand corrected), if you've not sold before then (why wouldn't you anyway) your shares would be instant sold for you.

With regards to the last part, at the end of your 3 year hold the shares expire, they dont get instant sold and you would therefore lose you whole stake, just fyi

• @Mr-Richard-T said in Is anybody else feeling underwhelmed by their port?:

I did a post on 26th Aug praising football index.

£1000 in the green. 18.6% profit. Would you be happy with that in 8 months?

That was putting in just under 5 grand

people were telling me that it was great and they'd be very happy with that.

Let me rephrase. lol

I have been on the Index for 9 months now I've put in £5445.
    My port is on mid price £5202.

In black and white I feel that is fucking shit and I've been shafted hard and I'm not the only one.

I have a 38 player port and some of my players took a huge hit and I don't think they will recover.

50 x Grealish -£2.84
    75 x Rashford -£2.82
    50 x Fernandes -£2.53
    150 x Pogba -£2.17
    50 x Loftus-cheek -£1.85
    50 x Martinelli -£1.49
    50 x Maddison -£1.41
    50 x Kane -£1.35
    50 x Gilmour -£1.35
    50 x Hudson-odoi -£1.20
    50 x Coutinho -£1.04
    50 x Pepe -£0.90
    50 x Haaland -£0.73

got messi, salah, robertson, lukaku, calvert-lewin, mahrez, mane, bale, neto, keane, sterling, neymar, bellerin, pereira, jiminez, ake, saka, henderson, martial, lingard, ronaldo, ederson, van dijk,torres and benrahma.

the list goes on and on. I'm not even thinking about selling up, I'm just curious if other people are going through the same thing.

Yes, I'm going through the same. My port (P/L) is nearly in the red by the same amount as Brown Sunday.

• I should not write a negative post as its not in my interests to do so. But there so many others, it will make no difference.

But I do wonder what Mr Cole thinks when despite his 8. whatever % bonus. The footie 100 is going down...

Do you think part of him wishes he had not been so 'greedy' and left things as they were? I leave that open to debate....

• @Toptom I disagree with this, anyone with an iq higher than 50 will understand that the only way to cash out, is at a huge loss. Best to wait it out and pray things get better at some point.