Old sell queue back to portfolio tomorrow

• How do people think this will pan out? Have many left shares in the old sell queue?

• I have no shares on sale right now, its a buyers market in my opinion. Interested to hear thoughts though

• @Julian-Noble said in Old sell queue back to portfolio tomorrow:

How do people think this will pan out? Have many left shares in the old sell queue?

When they first announced it, and I was still wrapping my head around stuff, I initially thought they had split into two, so that the first part would be a crash and then the second part would aid recovery. It will be interesting to see if it makes much difference.

Have many left shares in the old sell queue?

I've deliberately left some in as a test to see when & how the return is handled, as of 7.45am 1/10/20 nothing has changed, they are still displayed as in the queue, so presume they are still there. Given some have been in for 6 months+ none have sold but that's no change but it wouldn't surprise me at all if FI were late or messed it up in some way given their woefully track record to platform IT changes.

In theory it should have no material affect on the market other than once returned those who still want to sell may relist but as that's currently restricted to just 1p below the buy price they are in effect just rejoining another sell queue but may drop the buy price a few more pennies in the process.

• @Geronimo159387 That’s what I was thinking, because of the 1p offer rule we now have in place the crash that people were anticipating won’t be as bad.

• The only effect I can see imo will be lots more people using is when their shares get released.

It wont raise buy prices as the offers are already in below the point that the sell queue was added at inception of ob, we may see a slight drop off in buy now prices as some may be unwilling to is and will therefore just relist at 1p below

Basically, wish I was in a position to be able to sit and monitor prices today with a nice cash balance waiting, however I have this tiresome thing called work to do

That’s what I was thinking, because of the 1p offer rule we now have in place the crash that people were anticipating won’t be as bad.

It simply can't crash the buy price, except by dropping it a few p, but it could decimate the IS price in the short term as previously queued shares are all wanting IS together swamping buyers ability to replenish it with (acceptable?) offers. Combined with the end of the 5x IPD promotion & (the now postponed) introduction of the (TERRIBLE IDEA of a) 2% buyers tax I've been having a significant increase in accepted bids over the last few days but have now largely run out of funds, so am unable to replenish my offers either. Should be some decent priced buys around for those with available funds.

• @Geronimo159387 could be a day for bargains so. Thanks.

• @Geronimo159387 said in Old sell queue back to portfolio tomorrow:

@Julian-Noble said in Old sell queue back to portfolio tomorrow:

That’s what I was thinking, because of the 1p offer rule we now have in place the crash that people were anticipating won’t be as bad.

It simply can't crash the buy price, except by dropping it a few p, but it could decimate the IS price in the short term as previously queued shares are all wanting IS together swamping buyers ability to replenish it with (acceptable?) offers.

Explains why they have shortened the ranges

• Someone on twitter just mentioned 10am for the removal of queues

https://twitter.com/Football_MDJ/status/1311562954740051968

• @Geronimo159387 queues wont be dissolved until 10am btw

• @Ddr @Advinculas-Index

Great only 2 hours to wait before my portfolio goes haywire, always worth having something to look forward to in these uncertain times!

• @Geronimo159387 I'll be blissfully unaware of the carnage.....unless the rain comes early today

• Not convinced much will happen at all. I don't believe the cancelling of the queue will impact the buy price (as this is set by offers now) so the only issue is what those people do with their shares.

At this stage, I can only believe that the following types of trader have many shares left in the queue:

1. Passive traders who don't log in that often, or keep up with rule changes (it amazes me, but most people I know on the platform fall in this camp). They will probably not even spot that their sell order has been cancelled for a while yet, so unlikely to do anything today.

2. Patient traders who wanted full market value. I can't see somebody sitting in the sell queue for months, then rushing to take a poor IS today. I would expect it is more likely that they will put in an offer at the current buy price (they may undercut by 1p but would not expect much of that) and then continue to wait for a sale.

Either way, I'm hoping(!) it doesn't have a negative impact today.

• @Mintyfresh I've asked the question elsewhere but have we not already seen the impact with Bruno's price? He had the biggest sale queue and in the last 24 hours has dropped nearly 7% for no apparent reason. Looks to me that some traders have left it to the last minute to take them out of the sale queue and started placing offers undercutting one another.

• @Harford-is-God you might be right, but I suspect other factors are at play. Bruno saw a big jump in price the day before offers came in, so I doubt there were many left in the queue. Several of the premium players have been dropping recently and it's probably exaggerated for Bruno as Utd are being linked with so many players that could dilute his MB appeal. Also he had such a quick and large increase before that, even with his recent drop, some will be sitting on a massive profit with him so might now be taking the opportunity to move some funds around.

Not saying we won't see some more drops today, but I really don't think many will be caused by the share queue being cancelled.

• 10.01am & against my expectations all seems to have gone smoothly, players in the queue have arrived back in my portfolio with no errors, omissions or failures.

WELL DONE FI - credit where it's due very good job.

• @Geronimo159387 Just woke up following night shift. Did this affect the market or values in anyway? Doesn't look like it from my portfolio but I had no shares in the queue?

• @Martyn-B said in Old sell queue back to portfolio tomorrow:

Did this affect the market or values in anyway? Doesn't look like it from my portfolio

My remaining listed players were largely "deadwood" so no noticeable effect on them specifically but the market in other players does seem to have had some downwards pressure in recent days, how much was users preparing for this change, against general negative market sentiment, end of the generous 5x IPD promo & avoiding specifically damaging measures (like the now postponed 2% buyers tax) is open to speculation.

• @Geronimo159387 Thanks, just remember there was a lot of speculation about the outcome of today's delisting, which seems negligible so far. Thanks again 👍