Help! I've been living under a rock for the last 3 months

• Hey everyone!

Hope you are all doing well.

Assume I have been living under a rock for the last 3 months or so only to log onto my portfolio and seen the value bomb out by 20%.

Obv there has been major changes, thing is, I havent got a clue what they are and what to do about it.

Do any of you fine people have a link that will explain stuff fairly easily? I see the terms price books, and people putting in offers etc, can you actually see an offer list...?

TIA!

• Basically Adam Cole needed a new yacht (complete with dressing gown set), so he took 20% of all our portfolios to pay for it.

In return, you can buy cut price Pogba.

• Hate the bear the bad news but its possible worse than 20%. Basically the sale value of your shares are the quick sale price, you can only list a share 1p below the buy price and buyers can bid for a share which is mostly 1p above the instant sale price

• @BaldnBearded said in Help! I've been living under a rock for the last 3 months:

Hey everyone!

Assume I have been living under a rock for the last 3 months or so only to log onto my portfolio and seen the value bomb out by 20%.

Obv there has been major changes, thing is, I havent got a clue what they are and what to do about it.

Do any of you fine people have a link that will explain stuff fairly easily? I see the terms price books, and people putting in offers etc, can you actually see an offer list...?

TIA!

Go away for a couple more months, it'll save you having to relearn everything again... twice...

• @BaldnBearded said in Help! I've been living under a rock for the last 3 months:

Hey everyone!

TIA!

Sorry...

• There's no offer list. You can bid on players... and you can "offer" to sell your players for cheaper.

• The Buy price is now to be avoided and ignored unless you are desperate to buy the player that second.

• The Sell price is basically the new Buy price... as that's what you could sell the player for right now.

In your preferences you can set your portfolio to show you the "Mid Price" of your port... (turn that on for a slightly more realistic view of your port value (Brace yourself, that will sting).

• @kristiang85 said in Help! I've been living under a rock for the last 3 months:

Basically Adam Cole needed a new yacht (complete with dressing gown set), so he took 20% of all our portfolios to pay for it.

Yes, our portfolios dropped in value by 20% because FI took the money...maybe the original poster wasn't the only one under a rock for 3 months...

facepalm-head.jpg

• @Marksandygill said in Help! I've been living under a rock for the last 3 months:

@kristiang85 said in Help! I've been living under a rock for the last 3 months:

Basically Adam Cole needed a new yacht (complete with dressing gown set), so he took 20% of all our portfolios to pay for it.

Yes, our portfolios dropped in value by 20% because FI took the money...maybe the original poster wasn't the only one under a rock for 3 months...

facepalm-head.jpg

Errm... has humour been banned?

• @kristiang85

Yes, along with common sense.

• @BaldnBearded I tell you what mate better been living under a rock than burying your head in the sand

Hey everyone!

TIA!

The quickest way to get up to speed is FI's Twitter site: https://twitter.com/FootballIndex

• @kristiang85 sozzles, after the 500th asshole honestly 'wondering where their money has gone' it's difficult to tell when someone is joking!😆

• @Marksandygill said in Help! I've been living under a rock for the last 3 months:

@kristiang85 sozzles, after the 500th asshole honestly 'wondering where their money has gone' it's difficult to tell when someone is joking!😆

Fair enough. Intonation is lost online!

• @Dan-The-Man Ouch that did sting. 27..9% loss.....

So, very mixed messages here. Essentially I should either wait it out as it'll be all good, or blind panic sell the lot as a matter of principal.

My portfolio cost me £2.2k and it's value is £1.6k Not huge numbers I accept, but naturally I am hesitant to put anymore cash in.

For those in the 'wait it out' camp, specifically, what is making you take that call? Genuine question as all of the comments here and that I've read in some other threads dont really give any justification for re-investment. Likewise can be said for the 'blind panic sell' camp, there is no justification for selling other than because they're pissed ~(understandably) that the portfolio value has dropped overnight.

Cheers all!

@Dan-The-Man Ouch that did sting. 27..9% loss.....

Stings even worse when you realise, even that's not actually what you could achieve if you tried to sell your players today. I went from 140% profit to 80% Mid Price and I think I'd be lucky to escape with profit at all if I sold up now.

So, very mixed messages here. Essentially I should either wait it out as it'll be all good, or blind panic sell the lot as a matter of principal.

The term panic sell, gets thrown around quite a bit and on the forum, you'll often here one guy say "Don't sell, you should be buying"... then 3-4 posts later, he'll be explaining how he sold out of a X to buy in to Y. When he was selling, it was strategic, when you were selling it was panic.

At the end of the day, you know which players are in your port and what your spreads are. My spreads are horrendous, with the majority of my port ranging from 40%-100% spreads (IE no bids)... so selling those players, isn't really an option. I'm basically left hoping for dividend wins to claw back some of those problems.

There's an awful situation where if your spreads are tight, you probably don't want to sell but if they are huge, you might not even be able to sell. Ask yourself... if you had spare cash would you buy the player you have at the price he is at. (BASED ON THE NEW MARKET)

If the answer is yes.., ask yourself, can you sell out of him and get back in cheaper? Look at his IS patterns. If you think you can, then sell a few and give it a try. But you have to try forget the old market prices, just like how we have truly forgotten that only a year or so back people were paying £24 for 1 share of Pogba.

My portfolio cost me £2.2k and it's value is £1.6k Not huge numbers I accept, but naturally I am hesitant to put anymore cash in.

I won't be making anymore deposits for a long time, if ever again.

For those in the 'wait it out' camp, specifically, what is making you take that call?

Most of them still believe in the platform... and most of us in the other camp, still want to believe. Historically, we've all seen many bumps in the road on here and there's plenty of stories from folk who sold up and regretted it. It's a fair amount of winners bias... but outside of the earning money aspect we all enjoy the actual product. It's centred on something most of us are passionate about and it ticks the pleasure centres.

Also, some have always wanted fI to transition to different style of market, so even though many of the old user base don't like the changes, there are some people licking heir lips at the prospect of the new system. I'm not in that camp, as I prefer low risk.

Also, don't discount the idea that many of them are trying to put on a brave face.

Anyhow, only you know your port, your risk levels and how you see the product going forward.