YOU have the power to change things!

• The dynamics and the intricacies of the market are fascinating and complex, as are the various backgrounds and profiles of us traders that feed into it. We are all individuals, yet collectively we control the way the market moves.

Currently, the market is clearly moving downwards. This is largely being blamed on the change in the trading system, going from prices being generated by volume of investment to now simply what someone wants to offer.

And just like that, the majority of traders have put their hands up and said "take what you want from me, I won't resist"
    Traders who previously paid £5 pound for a player without batting an eyelid because they'd properly researched and established he was undervalued (based on projected div earnings etc), are now offloading the same player at £3.50. Why?
    Has the player's circumstances worsened? No
    Have divs been cut? No - they have doubled!

It's simply a case of psychology and trader mentality - we are being lambasted by negative posts on the forum and Twitter, all contributing to the self-fulfilling prophecy that the market is crashing and players are overpriced. So the trader believes this and instant sells a solid, undervalued hold for a pittance.
    A hold he had no intention of selling any time soon either!
    The sheep mentality

It's time to make a stand people! Are you gonna be a sheep? Or are you gonna be a Wolf?

Denzel training day.jpg

Look at your portfolio, look at your holds, remember why you bought them - analyse their potential for dividend returns and subsequent capital appreciation and then question why you should now accept over 25-50% less on that player. The answer is, you shouldn't.

1. If you had no intention of selling anyway, then now is most certainly not the time
    2. If you bought to sell on at a profit but the buyers are offering less than what you paid, don't cave in to them. Hold, and wait for the right time. You've got 3 years ;)

It's like voting - people often say "my one vote won't make a difference" but then you always get the response "but if everyone thought like that blah blah". The thing is, its true!

If every single one us stands firm and refuses to accept the derisory bids from buyers, then the balance of power will shift. Bids will increase in value, sell offers won't fall so low and prices will hold, eventually starting to rise again.

I am just one voice, but if we all adjust our mentality then we CAN improve the situation. Take the power out of the buyers hands and give it back to the sellers...yes, that means you!

Geldof.jpg

• @ScouseSte I'll join this crusade - once I've finished buying a load more holds on the cheap!!!

• @ScouseSte

Good post I like it and your 100% right but people can’t help but keep clicking that INSTANT SELL button, that’s what has damaged the market.

• @Kipper72 said in YOU have the power to change things!:

@ScouseSte I'll join this crusade - once I've finished buying a load more holds on the cheap!!!

Bid as low as you can mate, that's not the problem. If sellers remember the true value of their holds, the bids won't get matched. So you'll have to go a bit higher. And higher still. And even then you might still get ignored and just end up pressing "buy now"

That's the dream mate :)

• @Dav said in YOU have the power to change things!:

@ScouseSte

Good post I like it and your 100% right but people can’t help but keep clicking that INSTANT SELL button, that’s what has damaged the market.

They can't help pressing it because they think it's what they should do. They are spooked. They think that the price in the "sell" box is what their hold is worth. Why? Because some traders have convinced them that the "buy" price is fake, it's not a true reflection of what the player is worth. Yet the price a cheapskate trader is offering to pay is more accurate?

The more people have confidence in their holds, the quicker we will rebound from this needless dip.

• Was thinking earlier, these short term bonuses aren't going to bring about stability, if anything just make the teething process that bit longer as people wont know what the new normal is until after October now.

So I thought well maybe they could introduce new long term benefits to remind people that these are long term bets - then I remembered they just did that with the div review.

So I thought what other little thing could they do...how about an increased IPD eligibility period? The hit they'll be taken with all these 8% bonuses, I think increasing the IPD period to say 40 days or a bit more could be a good way of boosting the market long term?

• @howsthebacon said in YOU have the power to change things!:

Was thinking earlier, these short term bonuses aren't going to bring about stability, if anything just make the teething process that bit longer as people wont know what the new normal is until after October now.

So I thought well maybe they could introduce new long term benefits to remind people that these are long term bets - then I remembered they just did that with the div review.

So I thought what other little thing could they do...how about an increased IPD eligibility period? The hit they'll be taken with all these 8% bonuses, I think increasing the IPD period to say 40 days or a bit more could be a good way of boosting the market long term?

They need to do NOTHING mate - get NASDAQ in and get the media review implemented as promised and then do nothing. Sit back and let the football drive the market.
    It all really is very simple.

• @ScouseSte said in YOU have the power to change things!:

It's simply a case of psychology and trader mentality - we are being lambasted by negative posts on the forum and Twitter, all contributing to the self-fulfilling prophecy

Yeah... So when we warn you about this, we're wrong and we're being negative, then when it happens, we're to blame.

Nothing to do with FI changing the system. Everyone just coincidentally listened to us negative nelly's at the exact same time.

• I'm afraid it is not as simple as that. Let's turn things around for a second and what you are basically asking is for people to get the most charitable there is in them and buy players for more than they have to as highlighted by some posts above.

So lets assume people are not feeling very charitable today and they want to buy as cheap as possible. Sellers then in order to have disposable cash to join in the fun have to sell at whatever price is available. All of this is compounded by the fact that prior to the IS removal users were able to dip into FI money pot and use that money to buy new players. That money is now no longer available and you have to assume since the risk has gone up, people are just not willing to put as much money in as they used to leading to a lot less money on the market.

I could go on but neither I nor you are willing to accept eachothers point of view so I'm just going to leave it and the market will sort itself out as it should

• This post is deleted!

• @OldNewUser I don't think he's asking people to buy more than the they should for players, I think he's talking to the sellers and saying don't sell for less than you think they're worth - then in turn the buyers will have to pay more creating a more balanced market as opposed to one dictated by the buyer.

• @OldNewUser said in YOU have the power to change things!:

I'm afraid it is not as simple as that. Let's turn things around for a second and what you are basically asking is for people to get the most charitable there is in them and buy players for more than they have to as highlighted by the post above.

So lets assume people are not feeling very charitable today and they want to buy as cheap as possible. Sellers then in order to have disposable cash to join in the fun have to sell at whatever price is available. All of this is compounded by the fact that prior to the IS removal users were able to dip into FI money pot and use that money to buy new players. That money is now no longer available and you have to assume since the risk has gone up, people are just not willing to put as much money in as they used to leading to a lot less money on the market.

I could go on but neither I nor you are willing to accept eachothers point of view so I'm just going to leave it and the market will sort itself out as it should

INCORRECT! Read it again mate - Buyers can offer as low as they want, i am not instructing buyers to press "buy now". But if sellers play hard ball and don't cave in to insulting bids, this might just force buyers into resorting to "buy now"

Buyers can do what they want, I am talking from a sellers point of view, Sellers need to take back the power

• @ScouseSte I know, and I'm happy with the current potential yields but it does seem like people are spooked to the point of no return atm. I'm down with your message mate, I'm not paying too much attention to the low prices, now that the season has started I'm trying to look at the dividend column.

That being said I have a few duds that I would like to sell but right now is not the time :(

• @howsthebacon I get what hes saying.. its a fantasy and over simplistic not reality and not how economics work. I'm done arguing anyway we are all adults and everyone can think for himself.. I don't go about calling people sheep and such

• @OldNewUser I'm not arguing mate and yes Ste's post is pretty idealistic but he is right. The sad thing is only a small proportion of the FI users use the forum so it's near impossible to rally the community in this way - respect to Ste for trying though haha.

• TAKE ADVANTAGE PEOPLE! Its a buyers paradise right now! Find some cheap bargains, hold them for a while and reap the profits. My advice, look for PL players, less than £1 per share and go ball deep. Dont go for the more expensive players, instead of buying 10 players at £8 buy 100 at 80p. The younger the better but defo under 30, remember its a 3 year share! I'm on Daniel James (leave him.just for me please, buying at 92p), but there are others that I feel offer great value also. Things will get better......but don't spend what you cant afford to lose! Good luck!

• @OldNewUser @howsthebacon

I don't pretend to deny that what i am saying is HUGELY idealistic, but you have to believe that we can all make a positive change.

Look how 1 or 2 traders could crash a players price under that catastrophic 300 shares/no depth visibility order book system.
    Sure, it will take a lot more than 2 people not selling at bottom end prices to inspire a change in confidence, but if each of us can convince one other trader to look at their holds and remember why they bought them, it might help

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one ;)

• @howsthebacon I agree. It's not so much IS ing a bit of dross you bought a couple of months ago at a bit of a loss.

I have just topped up on Kane @ £4.90. Are you telling me people aren't making a huge loss? A couple of months ago folk were boasting they were picking him up for £6.50!!!!

Gnabry is the same - I'll buy him at £3.90 all day long.

No chance I will sell at that price though and it is these good PB holds that I think @ScouseSte is talking about not selling up on the cheap

• @OldNewUser said in YOU have the power to change things!:
    I'm done arguing anyway we are all adults and everyone can think for himself

But this is incorrect, as seen by the endless threads started by traders recently, who STILL don’t understand Order Books.

You have to understand, everyday someone starts a negative thread. This is borne out of not understanding where FI is heading. Whether this is just can’t grasp OB, don’t want to understand, or want IS back; there is plenty of us on here that just want to get on with things.

I don’t even log into my port at the minute. What’s the point? It’s going no where, couldn’t care what values are lying around.

We will never move on with living in the past. I get people are annoyed, but leave it. They won’t change now, adapt and move forward.

Good post @ScouseSte👍

• @Highfields96 Cheers mate