No commission

• Footie index keep moving the goal posts at this rate there will be no traders left.!

• @CLACKETT How is that a bad thing?!

• @Marksandygill Some of us would rather get shot the now than wait another month to get shot lol

• @Kanzz fair enough but sometimes it's like FI can't do anything right?!🤷‍♂️

• Is the 16th a significant date or just plucked from thin air?

• @Marksandygill No arguments there bud lol

To be a fly on the wall inside FI HQ's.

• "Our 0% Commission Free Bids Promotion will be extended until 23:59:59 London time on 16/11/20. Even if your Bid matches after the extended Promotional Period, you will not be charged commission (providing your Bid was Placed before 23:59:59 London time on 16/11/20)."

Well to announce the inevitable just 6 hours before it was due to go live is better than not at all but just scrap it altogether as it's a fundamentally terrible idea that will only harm market growth. I don't do emoji's but if I did it would be a head in hands moment.

• @Marksandygill it's such a poor look for a company to basically just change stuff as they go with 24hrs notice. They just seem as they making it up as they go along now a few years back minimal changes now every week theres something big to change the dynamic. Need to leave the market to settle by doing this it just unsetles things and pisses people off.

• @Kanzz padded walls I imagine...😆

• @Gregolocky lines up with the start of the second period of the net buy bonus

• @CLACKETT This isn't moving the goal posts and the move is 100% beneficial to traders.

You're having a whinge because FI chose not to take more commission from you. Why?

• @Gaz it is literally moving the goal posts from 1 date to another! And have a think about it the more commission the more they can dish out in divs in the future.! Have a think about that!🤔 then let me know wat you think!?

• I am more annoyed by the Sessions continuing. I work nights and do a lot of trading at 2am and 6am, then bed at 7am. Now I can only trade between about 1pm and 9pm if I am working.

Also I am in Nottingham, what the fuck is London time!!

• Entirely predictable.

Hopefully FI rattle out some tutorial videos for order books next, and educate their social media team to tweet about things like yields, rather than rockets.

• @CLACKETT Theres nothing to think about because you have no idea what you're talking about. This isn't moving the goalposts. The fact you think it is, shows you don't understand what the expression even means.

So you think they should introduce bid commission immediately because that somehow equates to a dividend increase. The same dividends that were just recently doubled. Never mind the x5 IPD promo/net buys bonus. Think about it!

• @Ddr No it doesn't, the 2nd deposit starts 16/10 and only runs until the end of October.

Seems a random date or tied into NASDAQ launch, who knows.

• @CLACKETT said in No commission:

@Marksandygill it's such a poor look for a company to basically just change stuff as they go with 24hrs notice. They just seem as they making it up as they go along now a few years back minimal changes now every week theres something big to change the dynamic. Need to leave the market to settle by doing this it just unsetles things and pisses people off.

Don’t agree mate. They are in a no win situation, handling a pretty delicate set of circumstances and adjusting as and when it’s needed. We are not privy to the numeric data they are trying to keep balanced. Yapping armchair critics who know next to nothing about how to run an extremely complex company aren’t helping. If the markets started to drop further as the 2% commission free period ended, you would no doubt be saying something like “Why aren’t FI adapting to the situation and doing something? They are too rigid”

• Just not thinking that the commission on bids ever is a good thing. 4% commission is a hefty percentage and is going to encourage people to just hold.

Certainly not a good idea to bring it in tomorrow - maybe if the market was more positive, last thing we need is bids and therefore IS lower.

• @Valhalla inhink u sort of may have missed what I was saying.u need the commission so you can out lay that in divs whether that be in play totm mb etc. That was all

• So people complain about spreads being too wide, and then are against extending no commission bids?

With 2% commission in a bearish and transitional market, you'll see carnage in spreads as no one will be bidding!

This is a good pragmatic move, no one is moving the goal posts, let's stop being so reactive ffs.