GK subbed - clean sheet IPD question

• So Spezia kept a clean sheet tonight and I have their keeper Zoet...but it seems he was subbed off before the end of the game! I feel like it's unlikely that I'll get a payout but anyone know based on a previous situation?

• @FootballArgos think it has to be the full game and that includes extra time in cup matches.

• @TotalPunt which is bonkers considering you can win PB by not even playing!!😆

• @Marksandygill said in GK subbed - clean sheet IPD question:

which is bonkers considering you can win PB by not even playing!!😆

I held Ant Lopes when he lost out to the lad who was on the bench for the entire game & have just bought Zoet earlier in the week, so pleased to see a 10p IPD CS, only to find he went off so isn't collecting. Was going to console myself by recycling my Paco Alcacer who has 20p IPD's eligible only to find he has a 20p spread with not much trading in between. FI can be a tough school!!

• However Rafael got an assist so you can get the divs that way? Oh hes not on the index!!! LoL Theirs got to be more divs missing from the index than on the index.

• @Geronimo159387 also had Lopes that day! Despite the seemingly continual bad luck, I still think goalkeepers are one of the safest bets on FI at the moment.

• @FootballArgos All the top keepers will surely be up in 6 months. Once people see the value in them compared to the top end I can't see them going any other way, they not gonna go down!!

• @FootballArgos said in GK subbed - clean sheet IPD question:

I still think goalkeepers are one of the safest bets on FI at the moment.

I've always held GK's, even before they were given their own category, as I enjoyed flipping them for CS IPD's & believe they form part of a balanced, diverse portfolio. Now under the new dividend structure they offer some of the most attractive & reliable yields on the platform & whilst I think they are almost all good value I'm not sure that they will justify a rise to the £3/4 level that was being predicted at the time of the changes.

• @Geronimo159387 it will be interesting to see what happens now IPDs have returned to normal. I bought Emi Martinez in the past 30 days and he has already returned 47% of what I paid, with 3 match day dividends, as well as his clean sheet IPDs, yet he's still only around 60p (buy price). I would have expected that kind of run of dividends to have caused a big spike, but it seems the keeper novelty has worn off for some.

However, as the season goes on and the market settles down, I would expect to see a bit more growth as still plenty of good keeper holds available for well under £1.

• @Mintyfresh said in GK subbed - clean sheet IPD question:

it seems the keeper novelty has worn off for some.

Seems that way but I see them rather like utility shares, really quite boring to hold yet a solid market that produces predictable, steady dividend yields. That will be attractive to some but not others so I expect a slow rise in most but perhaps a steeper rise in the outstanding performers (PB & TOTM winners) with a couple of the highest priced ones (that disappoint relatively) dropping back to reflect their performance.

The overall market is currently very fragile & jittery not just due to FI incompetence & mismanagement but given the wider economic backdrop as well, so I expect continued volatility for at least the next 6 months, depending on how the CV crisis develops. Anyone who believes in the platform's future potential success (like I do) will have an extended period of unbelievable bargain buys IMHO & GK's deserve to be part of any diversified portfolio.

• @Geronimo159387 I had a few too before the category was introduced, albeit not many shares in each alas. Am staying away from the highest priced ones generally as I'm unsure of long-term value (unsure of all values now tbh!) at £1+ - interestingly, Courtois has dropped quite significantly so I picked him yesterday 35p off his peak for the enhanced clean sheet payout and am happy to hold.

• @FootballArgos said in GK subbed - clean sheet IPD question:

So Spezia kept a clean sheet tonight and I have their keeper Zoet...but it seems he was subbed off before the end of the game! I feel like it's unlikely that I'll get a payout but anyone know based on a previous situation?

In case anyone was wondering, no payout was made on my substituted goalie alas! Would have been around a 40% yield just on that one game :(

• @FootballArgos

Was actually selling quite a few, as part of my regular recycling strategy, when the initial announcement caught me off guard & consequently missed quite a few of the initial price spikes (quite frustrating given I had held most of them in decent numbers & advocated their case for a long time, whilst almost everyone else had rated them as "worthless" but them's the breaks!!). Resisted the temptation to pile in on the first few FOMO weeks & have been slowly accumulating positions ever since.

Seen a significant upswing in bid matches in the last few days partly as a result of the end of the 5x IPD promo, negative overall market sentiment & the impatience of many traders. I will only look to recycle going forward either on attractive looking fixtures or decent promotions (like the 5x IPD) as there's still only limited liquidity at acceptable spreads for any more than a handful at a time & the chance of winning PB, without the need to recycle, is almost as lucrative as IPD CS chasing.