Kubo

• not even on as a sub today. his time on the index done for now?

• He came on as a substitute today, he's a talented player. Young players with potential will have their time on the index, now is definitely not the time however.

• ah missed that then, didnt see he came on. ok, and when do you think their time will return? Do you know much about Kubo? Is he likely to become a regular or always a sub at Villarreal?

• Sentiment has moved from being prepared to takes punts on unproven talents and investment is being moved into safer holds more likely to yield div returns whilst traders become riek averse in this current climate.

He needs to start getting more mins before he can be judged properly i suspect

• @Meridismo04 Exactly, he’s got talent and so much room for improvement. I also understand he’s a very disciplined professional. In a few years time he’ll be a star, probably best Japanese footballer ever!

• @chaps1988

He's on my watchlist. As a Madridista I'm hoping he does well at Villarreal.

He's got lots of very good attributes, always wants to be on the ball. He escapes players very well and can pass well too, he has a play style similar to that of Messi.

But we've not seen enough of him yet, we need to see more of him.

• I'm picking up small quantities close to the £1.80 mark at present, when the offer price has the restraints of 1p removed suspect he will become available at a better price then that. He should get Europa League game time and hopefully with that some good performances.

• @DW said in Kubo:

I'm picking up small quantities close to the £1.80 mark at present, when the offer price has the restraints of 1p removed suspect he will become available at a better price then that. He should get Europa League game time and hopefully with that some good performances.

So if you think he'll be available at a better price down the line, it kinda begs the question why are you buying now?

• Fair question for sure.

Thinking and knowing are two different things, I don't want to hedge 100% on what I believe will happen.

I'm happy to average out my buy price, long term I believe Kubo will be good value against £1.80.

• He's an incredible talent. I only realised just how good towards the end of last season at Mallorca.

It's very irritating that he's only been a sub for Villarreal. But it has enabled me to get him at what I believe are outstanding prices for a player like this.

He'll surely end up as a regular. If not, then why the hell go on loan there?

It doesn't help that he and Chukwueze are fighting for the same spot. But I think and hope he'll end up playing behind Moreno, with Chukwueze on the right.

I think he'll be this season's Odegaard, in terms of PB friendly, premium youth revelation. If I had to put all my funds into one player at the current available prices, it might be him.

• Moi gomez and chuckwueze are both proper wingers.

Kubo is more 10.

Emery plays 442.

I don't see where he fits in the system.

• They played 3 CMs last night though, with Parejo, Iborra and Trigueros.

If it does come down to him or Chukwueze I'd back him to come out on top, as good as Chukwueze is.

Or they could always do the unthinkable and play a left footer on the left wing.....

• @JK said in Kubo:

They played 3 CMs last night though, with Parejo, Iborra and Trigueros.

If it does come down to him or Chukwueze I'd back him to come out on top, as good as Chukwueze is.

Or they could always do the unthinkable and play a left footer on the left wing.....

Gomez and chuck have played every match including pre season I think, maybe thats their second system
    Kubo is a bit of a luxury player imo who needs a free role.
    I also don’t see it between him and chuck as they are vastly different players, chuckwueze plays to get in behind the space with his pace, kubo isnt like that.
    Maybe he gets the second striker spot at some point.

• @Tom77
    He's played in every game thus far averaging around 10-15 minutes. He's looked class every time. His moment is coming.
    Screenshot_20201001-100722.png
    I don't accept he is a luxury player. He's proved he's first team ready. At Mallorca he's started almost every game in the second half of the season. Mostly at right wing. They didn't put him on in the last 20 to change a game. He's on from the off and often the best player on the pitch. There's teams of YouTube footage out there of Kubo dancing round Barcelona and Atletico defenders. He looks the real deal to me.