Can't Cancel Bids

• Hi,

I'm new to the site. I've placed a few bids which haven't been matched but I'm unable to cancel them (on laptop website and have clicked the red cross). Any advice appreciated please.

Thanks

• Market shuts at 11, no actions can be taken till 7:30

• @wearing-louis Thanks alot.

• @NewUser677300 if your bids are high and on players who were earning ipds tonight I reccomened getting up at 7.30 to cancel them asap as people will accept them dead on 7.30!

• @JT4PAFC said in Can't Cancel Bids:

@NewUser677300 if your bids are high and on players who were earning ipds tonight I reccomened getting up at 7.30 to cancel them asap as people will accept them dead on 7.30!

I set my alarm the other morning for 7.30am to sell Vardy after his hat-trick. Did I manage to sell first? Didn’t...even...get...close 😂 he plummeted from £1.35 to £1 in like a hundredth of second. Some mother fuckers are wayyyyy too quick for their own good. Ridiculous. So I rolled over and went back to bed grumbling like an old man.

• @Valhalla haha I didn't cancel 150 bids on Dubois the other day @76p after his goal. And yeah. You already know what happened the next morning 🤣

• Yeah this is annoying, I know the markets close but you should be able to cancel a bid surely.

• If you can't cancel a bid then the very least they should do is close the market at 0:00, not 23:00.

No reason at all it shouldn't be 0:00. It's ridiculous.

Obviously the staff at FI need to be tucked up in bed at 23:00. Maybe it's in the terms and conditions...

• @JK said in Can't Cancel Bids:

If you can't cancel a bid then the very least they should do is close the market at 0:00, not 23:00.

No reason at all it shouldn't be 0:00. It's ridiculous.

Obviously the staff at FI need to be tucked up in bed at 23:00. Maybe it's in the terms and conditions...

Agreed. Midnight makes sense because the MB and PB feeds stop at midnight. So closing the market at that time would be in synch with the rest of the platform.

• @JT4PAFC said in Can't Cancel Bids:

@Valhalla haha I didn't cancel 150 bids on Dubois the other day @76p after his goal. And yeah. You already know what happened the next morning 🤣

😂😂😂

• @howsthebacon said in Can't Cancel Bids:

Yeah this is annoying, I know the markets close but you should be able to cancel a bid surely.

Whilst I disagree with closing the market I can understand why they want to do it, however as mentioned above it should align with the IPD deadline at midnight obviously. There is however NO EXCUSE for preventing bids being placed, removed or altered (as they can only be executed on market opening anyhow) this is SERIOUSLY disadvantaging traders. The value of a player that's eligible for several IPD's the day before is clearly different to the same player the day after when he is ineligible (was massively different during the 5X promotion) so to lock in unrealistic bids at some arbitrary cut off is simply INEXCUSABLE. In fact the current system makes a mockery of responsible gambling & should be changed immediately, as it would have no detrimental effects on the purpose of the closure.

• "We hope you gamble responsibly, and for God's sake, 'stay safe'.

But do make sure that you lose sleep over high bids being matched that we've locked you into.

Happy trading!"

• Whilst i hate this market close down and its not for me. If people have high bids and these are locked in past that 11pm thats no one elses fault but the traders. They know the times it closes, FI release a notification every night around 10pm or so too, if people are trying to go to the wire to grab some IPDs thats not FIs fault. Yes maybe it could change to 12 closing time but people will still try and push it. Like i said, don't like the change but people are putting the bids in not FI.

• Would it not make sense to cancel a high bid, with IPD expectation built in, at 11? It can't match before midnight, as the market is closed, so I don't really see the difference between closing at 11 or midnight.

However, I agree with @Geronimo159387 that, regardless of the time, it seems to make sense to allow bids to be made and cancelled during the suspended period, so that people don't get caught out. I suppose it could be a tech issue, but hard to judge without knowing what testing FI are doing in that window.

• @JK said in Can't Cancel Bids:

"We hope you gamble responsibly, and for God's sake, 'stay safe'.

But do make sure that you lose sleep over high bids being matched that we've locked you into.

Happy trading!"

Unless of course you have a watch and can remove bids at 10:55pm

Might be worth doing that rather than losing a nights sleep over paying an extra 10p for a player

when the fun stops.....

• @Munchie63 said in Can't Cancel Bids:

That's clearly not always possible for everyone. Why should they be prevented from removing or altering their bid at anytime before market opening?

• Of course it's on traders to cancel the bids, but a 23:00 deadline is out of kilter with normality and common sense so it's easy to forget. Also, if you have a lot of bids in it can be possible to miss the one you want to cancel when looking through - this happened to me!

• @Shippers said in Can't Cancel Bids:

If people have high bids and these are locked in past that 11pm thats no one elses fault but the traders.

Why should they be prevented from removing or altering their bid at anytime before market opening? I can't think of a single justification can you?

• @Geronimo159387 said in Can't Cancel Bids:

@Munchie63 said in Can't Cancel Bids:

That's clearly not always possible for everyone. Why should they be prevented from removing or altering their bid at anytime before market opening

Oh I agree it would make sense to allow people to remove bids as many will be based on IPD's but users do have the option....just do it before 11pm

And if someone is going to be out, not around to do that, and it's going to cause them to lose sleep, better to avoid bidding just for IPD.

Some are asking for the time to be moved an hour later to midnight...meaning even more 'waiting up' looking at the bid screens.

• @Geronimo159387 said in Can't Cancel Bids:

@Shippers said in Can't Cancel Bids:

If people have high bids and these are locked in past that 11pm thats no one elses fault but the traders.

Why should they be prevented from removing or altering their bid at anytime before market opening? I can't think of a single justification can you?

In a sense no but its part of trading right so all forms of trading ceased to be available at 11pm.