Wesley Fofana

• This seems to have slipped under the radar, well for me anyway: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12085379/wesley-fofana-leicester-agree-deal-for-st-etienne-defender

What do we think? Glad West Ham missed out but also sort of wanted him to stay at St Ettiene as they look solid and he'd be guaranteed a game. Leicester will be great for his development though, a loan back deal similar to Saliba would've been nice.

Anyone else holding and have thoughts on this potential move?

• Decent player but can’t see him winning many divs or PB with Soyuncu, Evans, Ricardo and Castagne to compete against. Will probably ultimately replace Evans when his legs are gone.

• @howsthebacon yeah looks a good move. I'm guessing Leicester won't stray from the Soyuncu-Evans partnership in defence any time soon, but I think Fofana has the quality to slot in there. I know CBs aren't fashionable, but I think the likes of Fofana, Saliba, Gabriel and Dias are surely good value, with the latter two likely to get decent game time I would imagine. The former may dip a bit in price if no game time.

• True, be difficult to win PB in a team that have such attacking full backs - that was one of my concerns. I also didn't think a transfer would happen this summer so was hoping for a bit more cap app as the rumours circulated. I'll hold on to him though, still very young with potential for cap app.

• Fofana won't break up the Evans-Soyuncu partnership. Evans is one of Rodgers' first names on the team sheet and he's the leader at the back for us. Soyuncu will be extremely difficult to dislodge.

However, Fofana does give us the flexibility to play 3 at the back more frequently. We've recently started doing that more regularly - at first due to injuries but the win a Man City was the first time at Leicester that Rodgers has really adapted to a 'top 6' opponent and changed the approach rather than die on the total football hill which was encouraging. Add into that the Europa League campaign, I think Fofana will be involved a fair bit.

Agree with the above that competition with Ricardo/Castange at full back who have good output for goals and assists I'd say he's not a great PB hold at the moment. He's a very exciting CB and we've been tracking him for a while - athletic, good aerially and ball playing ability, powerful - so I'm hoping he'll be a smash hit.