Football Index Data Centre

• Just realised on the back of the announcement last night there was a tweet asking people to sign up to a beta version of a FI Data Centre, is this going to be like Indexgain etc but accessed through FI?

• I would imagine it will be linked to the website, but likely to be a stand-alone I think

Just got the link to try the beta version and feedback, and I have to say, It looks Really, Really, Good.

You can dig down into players to see weekly PB scores, daily dividend winners, PB earned, compare to other players.......if it works when it goes live as well as the beta has this morning, I'll be happy

Anyone else register to try it and feedback ?

• https://www.fidatacentre.co.uk/home

Can try it through this link. First impressions are very good!

• I don't do the Twitter as I am already a sad bastard who spends long enough on here, so thanks for sharing.

I'll give this a whirl over the weekend. FI data is my favourite type of data.

Have a yellow thumbs up for taking the time to bring this to the forum's attention.

Ready for it? Ok good, here it is πŸ‘

• I think it looks great and if the platform recover,it will be very useful and I must say that they done a great job with it

• Been having a play about with it and it’s not half bad

• Very impressive stuff. It is a must from now on

• Looks like a positive move all round, will have a play with it later. Trust them to bring it out after the ipds !
    Tossers

• @OldNewUser said in Football Index Data Centre:

Very impressive stuff. It is a must from now on

The technology is very impressive and I like the scale that they are going for. It looks fantastic.

Just tread careful at the minute, I don't know how accurate the data is but something seems quite off.

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 16.12.41.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 16.14.36.png

Hopefully they will do an integrity pass to bring the data up to scratch. It is just a beta afterall.

• @Dan-The-Man πŸ‘

• @Dan-The-Man

I have not checked it out - is it going to be the new website or is it a secondary type thing with a separate site? I always thought they should try and deliver some kind of secondary site so that they could take advantage of big traffic and produce a new revenue stream via advertising - be interesting to see if this is what they do..

• @Baydog said in Football Index Data Centre:

@Dan-The-Man

I have not checked it out - is it going to be the new website or is it a secondary type thing with a separate site? I always thought they should try and deliver some kind of secondary site so that they could take advantage of big traffic and produce a new revenue stream via advertising - be interesting to see if this is what they do..

It's pretty impressive. There's a few features that I'd love to see added to it but the tech is slick. Very fast searching of the data base, plenty of interesting info tidbits. Graphs with info markers to help decision making, etc.

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 17.02.59.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 17.02.41.png

I think they might be tempted to keep it as a separate site but I'd prefer them to just throw it all together. To me, it's what FI should be like as it gives people a chance to find info out.

I think they need to add stuff like a PB/MB calendar to it, and some other planning tools. Even if they don't add everything I want, it's still a huge improvement once the data is up to scratch.

• @Dan-The-Man

I'd love them to add something like this.. I don't use any external sites or podcasts or twitter or anything so I rely on the forum my memory and the stats they currently publish on FI... Would be a big plus for me if they start publishing useful data

• @Dan-The-Man looks pretty good, but I agree it should be part of the main site and it would be nice if each player had those stats on their profile page?

• Its OK, but not a patch on Index Gain..Happy to pay my few quid a month for detailed information

• @Marksandygill

Yeah, having that level on info could probably encourage a fair few more sales.

• I think if it was not for the current situation people would be buzzing about this. Very eye candy and useful from a trading point of view. Should defo be included with Nasdaq

• @AJH1982

Thanks for sharing, looks pretty good.

Without bashing FI I am not certain on the accuracy of the dataset. It might have been whitewashed or just wrong!!

I was playing around on it. Wanted to test historical dividends. Yaya won 3p MB on the 19th of December 2019, a treble media day. A good one off data point, and an easy name to search the forum for as I posted about it at the time (denied Ronaldo the dividends). He might also have won again recently if I remember correctly?

Searched one year dividends, allegedly won zero. Check it yourselves. Maybe I should be be putting in a back claim!! Again, not knocking it, just wouldn't fully trust it.

• @Martyn-B as mentioned above, at least this is just a beta test site. Funnily enough at the day job this week, we're in the process of launching something with 2 million+ data points and during testing, we discovered quite big discrepancies - turns out one of the files had double spacing so the system didn't recognise it. I wonder if something similarly basic has happened here. Hope it can fixed and good to urge caution either way!

• @FootballArgos said in Football Index Data Centre:

@Martyn-B as mentioned above, at least this is just a beta test site. Funnily enough at the day job this week, we're in the process of launching something with 2 million+ data points and during testing, we discovered quite big discrepancies - turns out one of the files had double spacing so the system didn't recognise it. I wonder if something similarly basic has happened here. Hope it can fixed and good to urge caution either way!

Often the way in programming. Tiny error... massive impact.

My first thought when checking the data base, was that it might not be reading dates correctly. For example, we might have 12 months selected but it's only looking at the data from the last 3 months... or something similar.

Either way, I'm sure someone will get on to the data at some point. Providing they archived it all correctly of course.