Cherki + Other young prospects

• Just wanted some thoughts from some people holding Cherkie and other mentioned young prospects.

Are people topping up/plan to top up on him as his price lowers significantly? Or are you accepting a loss and waiting for a more stable time to sell?

Also same question with Camavinga?

I’m topping up on Aouchiche a little and holding Fati for the long-term (although he’s a rare player going up in value atm).

Sorry if theses threads have already been made before.

• @NewUser610639 Cherki was a bit of train crash waiting to happen, even without the current malaise. A 16/17 years old who had come on as sub a few times going for £6....nuts. He does look a very skilful exciting player however. Ppl were just way too hyped on him and expecting too much. If he drops to more a realistic price, and gets more game time I will be interested.
    Aouchiche has a bit of uphill battle playing for St.Etienne. Gonna be hard to get noticed there, but also exciting and one to watch. You got to think under £2.50 he’s good value.
    Fati is a 17 yr old playing with the maturity of 27 year old. Amazing. Looking like a future ballon d’or winner in this current hot form, let’s see if he keeps it going. Seems to be decent at PB too.
    Haaland- pacey, exciting, (some potential MB in there) but unfortunately, like Mbappé he’s pretty poor at PB. Rarely does he break 200 pts even when he score’s a brace.
    Curtis Jones is a real Liverpool talent who looks to have a very PB suitable game.
    Stengs is another PB talent playing over in Holland. He just needs to get his butt over to a PB league.
    Kubo looks a talented player, but his PB numbers are weak. One to monitor. Trincao much the same.

• Slightly regret selling up Camavinga and Fati, both look the real deal and solid FI holds. Cherki doesn't seem to play much yet so while I understand the hype, I don't quite understand how he got £6+ so soon - wouldn't say that he's a safe bet at this time.

Rhian Brewster will be interesting to watch this season, don't think I'll dabble myself but if he can put a streak together like Dominic Calvert-Lewin has done of late, I can see him rising a fair bit.

• The thing that makes me most positive about Fati is the stick he will have taken at school because of his name "Fati Fati Fat boy etc" so you can almost guarantee he will never become flabby like Fat Ronaldo Gazza or Puskas

• @Valhalla I hold but would argue that you could say Fati is being 'way too hyped' at the moment. I don't think it would be too ambitious to say that Cherki has the higher ceiling, he might be doing just as well if he was in that Barca team.
    Also Stengs is overrated for me (can't really say cos I've barely watched him play but imo). I reckon Kubo has got a good pb game in him, providing the manager and team realise how bloody good he is so they actually play him and pass to him respectively.

• @Advinculas-Index I somehow can't imagine his Spanish school friends shouting 'Oi Fati Fati fat boy!' to him, unless they are far more cultured than I thought.
    FATITH

• @Notanyoldnewuser said in Cherki + Other young prospects:

@Advinculas-Index I somehow can't imagine his Spanish school friends shouting 'Oi Fati Fati fat boy!' to him, unless they are far less cultured than I thought.
    FATITH

you obviously have higher standards than me - personally id be quite impressed with a bunch of 7 year olds Having the ability to be able to banter in a foreign language

• @Valhalla said in Cherki + Other young prospects:

@NewUser610639 Cherki was a bit of train crash waiting to happen, even without the current malaise. A 16/17 years old who had come on as sub a few times going for £6....nuts. He does look a very skilful exciting player however. Ppl were just way too hyped on him and expecting too much. If he drops to more a realistic price, and gets more game time I will be interested.
    Aouchiche has a bit of uphill battle playing for St.Etienne. Gonna be hard to get noticed there, but also exciting and one to watch. You got to think under £2.50 he’s good value.
    Fati is a 17 yr old playing with the maturity of 27 year old. Amazing. Looking like a future ballon d’or winner in this current hot form, let’s see if he keeps it going. Seems to be decent at PB too.
    Haaland- pacey, exciting, (some potential MB in there) but unfortunately, like Mbappé he’s pretty poor at PB. Rarely does he break 200 pts even when he score’s a brace.
    Curtis Jones is a real Liverpool talent who looks to have a very PB suitable game.
    Stengs is another PB talent playing over in Holland. He just needs to get his butt over to a PB league.
    Kubo looks talented a player, but his PB numbers are weak. One to monitor. Trincao much the same.

Christ, another one making misinformed comments! Mbappe’s PB is not poor, look at his base/scores! Comparing him to Haaland is not relevant as Haaland is an out and out no 9 (an absolute beast at that I must add but not necessarily good for PB), whereas Mbappé is so much more! He’s just trumped by Neymar a lot and has got incredibly unlucky that not many of his goals have been GWG. But he’s 21 and has a base of around 130 - how many his age can say the same? Plus he’s the poster boy of Nike, beneficiary of new media, Euros for one of favs likely to do well, and will be the main PB man at Real Madrid from next season onwards!

Think back to Messi and Ronaldo when they were young - how much PB would they have won playing in the same side as Rooney, Ronaldinho, Henry etc?! It’s well documented and accepted that players PB improves as they develop and become more of a prominent figure.

• @Advinculas-Index you make a good point, I think I need to edit my comment.

• @chaps1988 said in Cherki + Other young prospects:

@Valhalla said in Cherki + Other young prospects:

@NewUser610639 Cherki was a bit of train crash waiting to happen, even without the current malaise. A 16/17 years old who had come on as sub a few times going for £6....nuts. He does look a very skilful exciting player however. Ppl were just way too hyped on him and expecting too much. If he drops to more a realistic price, and gets more game time I will be interested.
    Kubo looks talented a player, but his PB numbers are weak. One to monitor. Trincao much the same.

Christ, another one making misinformed comments! Mbappe’s PB is not poor, look at his base/scores! Comparing him to Haaland is not relevant as Haaland is an out and out no 9 (an absolute beast at that I must add but not necessarily good for PB), whereas Mbappé is so much more! He’s just trumped by Neymar a lot and has got incredibly unlucky that not many of his goals have been GWG. But he’s 21 and has a base of around 130 - how many his age can say the same? Plus he’s the poster boy of Nike, beneficiary of new media, Euros for one of favs likely to do well, and will be the main PB man at Real Madrid from next season onwards!

Think back to Messi and Ronaldo when they were young - how much PB would they have won playing in the same side as Rooney, Ronaldinho, Henry etc?! It’s well documented and accepted that players PB improves as they develop and become more of a prominent figure.

More “informed” than “misinformed” I would hope, since all I do is look at the data. I can tell Mbappe is your boy, by the way your getting protective 🤓.
    I don’t care about Mbappe’s base score or average score. Most serous FI investors don’t. Peak scores is more informative since there are plenty of players who have high PB averages but win 0 dividends. Just tapping around the park for 90 mins and taking you 150 Score won’t win you many dividends. You need big peak scores to win the big bucks, particularly on gold days. Take a look at Neymar tonight....320. That’s gonna win on most gold days. Mbappe’s 200 scores are not.
    And bearing in mind Mbappe plays in one of the most dominant teams in world, in one of the weakest leagues, if he can’t win there- you think he will miraculously start winning at Real Madrid in a much more competitive league?
    And blaming his lack of PB dividends on bad luck that he’s hasn’t had more GWG’s? Come on. So he’s unlucky every game? 😏
    However you want to butter it: 19p of PB divs since the beginning of the 2018 is very poor. PSG win games 6-0 for Christ sake. Life will never get easier.

• @Notanyoldnewuser said in Cherki + Other young prospects:

@Valhalla I hold but would argue that you could say Fati is being 'way too hyped' at the moment. I don't think it would be too ambitious to say that Cherki has the higher ceiling, he might be doing just as well if he was in that Barca team.
    Also Stengs is overrated for me (can't really say cos I've barely watched him play but imo). I reckon Kubo has got a good pb game in him, providing the manager and team realise how bloody good he is so they actually play him and pass to him respectively.

Fati is getting hyped at the moment, your right. But he is bringing home the bacon 🥓 Time will tell if he’s the real deal.
    Cherki looks flamboyant. Full of tricks; but he does lose the ball a lot as a result. So I don’t think he has the maturity and level of development Fati has yet. Which explains why he doesn’t start for Lyon and Fati does for Barca. They trust Fati.
    But I would say Cherki is more exciting to watch. As for who has a higher ceiling is anyone’s guess. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• @Valhalla Mbappe’s ratio of GWGs to goals scored is incredibly low compared to others, so yes it is bad luck!

I understand PSG are dominant, but so are Madrid (not to same extent), but maybe they will be with Mbappe and other signings. He’s 21 and has shown plenty to say he is the future king. He’s media friendly and has the PB game ready to step into Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar’s shoes when they’re done in 1-3 years. Who else will be doing that? Everything runs through Messi and Neymar atm for their respective sides, but it didn’t when they were young, it was Ronaldinho at Barca for example. His time of being the main man will come, and his game will mature and develop just like all players do as they get older.

I wonder who is more likely to hit their current price in career dividends, Neymar or Mbappe?!

• @chaps1988
    There’s actually a lot of players that could say the same his pb scores are not that good and is probably imo over priced for his dividends return , unfortunately wingers are orders in the matrix than ST with current Scoring

• @Valhalla That put an end to this debate haha great points great outlook

• @chaps1988 it’s a lot to presume Mbappe will slow down and become a pass master like Neymar or Messi. Will he take over free kicks and corners like those two have? Will he sit outside the box and conjure outrageous dinks and through balls? I’m not sure that’s his game. He’s pace and power. And he’s the best in the world at it. Why would he or anyone change that?
    The only thing that can bail him out is MB. And up until now, the press has been particularly uninterested in him. Apart from a little purple patch in the summer when he was linked with Real, his MB return is woeful as well. But he is a future Ballon d’Or winner you would have thought, so it’s only a matter of time before the press take more notice. Mbappe holders have been incredibly patient over the last couple years. If he’s doesn’t start producing the cold hard divs soon, they will lose the faith. Hype only lasts so long....

• @Valhalla people say about is live to see what Henry , nistlroy drofba would be worth answer is low end value no pb no value even gems these days are worth nothing yehhh are now a gamble on pb score when I first started out here MB was 20p per share now worth nothing it’s all about pb and he holds nothing most No9 don’t

• @Lloyddavies that’s not putting anyone’s holds down but they purely hold no value Kane maybe being the exception as pb winning ST

• @Notanyoldnewuser I see it the other way, Cherki's being hyped beyond belief where as Fati is much closer to the real deal.
    17 learning under messi and will most likly have the team built round him when Messi retires and hes already won PB twice and came close a few other times.

Its all a gamble, but if the stars align Fati could be the next big thing. The conditions are just about perfect.

• @Valhalla I get your points, for sure. In terms of pace and power, it’s served Ronaldo’s PB ok... And the matrix could easily change in a year or two time.

• I've picked up top talents like Fati, Rodrygo, Cherki, Elliott, Gravenberch, etc. with some shit house bids. If FI has any sort of future, these guys will rocket in the months and years to come. We'll all be looking back saying "if only I'd bought more"...