This may be worth a read...

• A fantastic and insightful take on the current situation. I highly recommend people take time to read some of this.

https://footballindextrader.co.uk/2020/10/06/state-of-the-market-22nd-september-3/

• Saw that on twitter, excellent read and a better insight than the usual drivel found on social media.

• I know we still have a few months of 2020 left but this has to be the best read of 2020. A superb article that every trader (especially those who are new or unsure) should read.

Brilliant!

• Pretty much summed up every sensible, considered comment spoken on the forum over the last month or so! :)

• Football index trader talking sense as usual

• Go on then, I'm sure I can afford a cheeky little deposit for the bonus period..

• @Lukeroro said in This may be worth a read...:

Go on then, I'm sure I can afford a cheeky little deposit for the bonus period..

😂

• Spot on. 🤑

• The season start hotting up in a couple of weeks when champs league and Europa starts i think its an improvement and I just see a better product developing and like I've always said confidence and patience is the name of this game! I've been on here 2 half years and I'm not panicking I can see the top 200 changing soon

• Brilliant 👏
    Sensible, thought out. Have to say I agree entirely, and enjoyed reading it!

• I recommend @Dan-The-Man should read this if he hasn't already.

• @Londoner said in This may be worth a read...:

I recommend @Dan-The-Man should read this if he hasn't already.

Remind me never to ask you which movie to watch. Jeez. ha.

I'm fairly certain that I made (or responded) to a thread about that specific site a year ago, where I cautioned folks from reading it and showed a bunch of red flags to do with it. The unnamed author is trying to get you to pay him for FI tips... If he said "The Index is never going to recover", you're hardly likely to throw money at him are you?

Listen, telling people what they want to believe is incredibly easy, especially in times of trouble, when folk are desperate to see a light at the end of the tunnel. It's why JBW's self professed Churchill speech went down a treat last month but it wasn't Churchill fighting 'them' on the beaches... and just 6 months priorJBW, had made another equally bullish post, titled: "Our Darkest Hour" (note the reoccurring theme), where he said:

"I am almost certain that if you decide to see this event through to it's natural conclusion in a few months time, you will be amply compensated by the Index for your loyalty and courage."

'This is a massive opportunity for those of you willing and able to take the risk and buy the dip.'

Trust in my advice. Trust in the platform and trust in the forum.

Well that was March... those who showed "loyalty and courage" to a gambling platform were savaged by it... their reward was utter betrayal (...and 20-60% of their portfolio value). Meanwhile those who "bought in the dip" are now in an even bigger dip.

My 2 questions are... How long will it be before JBW makes yet another thread, encouraging folk to Keep calm And Carry On?

Also...

Is he the mysterious author on FootballIndexTrader?

• @Dan-The-Man

Something tells me Dan has skipped his meds again ... 🤔

Behave yourself manchild.

• @johnboywalker TBF, taking advice from someone called footballindextrader on football index stability probably needs to be dealt with caution.

I agree with most of what the article says, in essence there will be traders who can't let go of the changes and may suffer as a result, but I am of the opinion that I am not happy with the way FI have handled these changes(and I mean the implementation of the changes, not the changes themselves), but can see the opportunities now. Rather than dwell on it, I'll take advantage.

But let's be under no illusions, we are now betting on the platform being successful rather than the players

• @Dan-The-Man Dan's right. Anyone trying to sell something is obviously going to make a massive effort to get people to be positive with the platform in which they are selling things.

You look at FIG and why he got so upset with me and many others that go against his "football index" because he has a patreon where he charges £3 a month for content. He has to be bullish and get big users on saying how great his content is and how the platform is going to boom.

When that guy has already been horribly wrong in his prediction previously, why would anyone believe him now? I understand people want the platform to do well, I do too but we can't just be positive all the time when there are a lot of problems.

• I find it hard to trust people who are positive all the time and the same applies to those who are negative all the time - which is unfortunate as it dilutes the validity of any decent points they make, you cant help thinking that there is some form of agenda attached to it when you read them.

I often see posts pop up on here and as soon as i see the username i know whether its going to be a positive or negative post.

This is not aimed at anyone just an observation from Advincula towers whilst tucking into my breakfast and listening to someone drone on in a teams meeting about what's causing the Negative float on a construction schedule programme and critical path analysis who clearly doesn't really know what he's taking about. Croissant with Strawberry Jam and Coffee btw if you were wondering

• @Advinculas-Index said in This may be worth a read...:

I find it hard to trust people who are positive all the time and the same applies to those who are negative all the time - which is unfortunate as it dilutes the validity of any decent points they make, you cant help thinking that there is some form of agenda attached to it when you read them.

I often see posts pop up on here and as soon as i see the username i know whether its going to be a positive or negative post.

This is not aimed at anyone just an observation from Advincula towers whilst tucking into my breakfast and listening to someone drone on in a teams meeting about what's causing the Negative float on a construction schedule programme and critical path analysis who clearly doesn't really know what he's taking about. Croissant with Strawberry Jam and Coffee btw if you were wondering

I prefer blueberry jam with my croissant.
    Do you grind your own beans?

• @King-Fergus said in This may be worth a read...:

@Advinculas-Index said in This may be worth a read...:

I find it hard to trust people who are positive all the time and the same applies to those who are negative all the time - which is unfortunate as it dilutes the validity of any decent points they make, you cant help thinking that there is some form of agenda attached to it when you read them.

Is that some sort of sex lingo?

• @Advinculas-Index said in This may be worth a read...:

@King-Fergus said in This may be worth a read...:

@Advinculas-Index said in This may be worth a read...:

Is that some sort of sex lingo

Haha well do you !?

• @Advinculas-Index I was in a rush so went for Cauliflower Hash Browns cos I am a heathen