πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚2 years old today πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚

• Two years today i joined the index and ive loved just about every minute of it.

Happy index day to me😁😁

That is all

• Fuck off you Cunt

• @Advinculas-Index just what i always wanted. How did you know?

alt text

• In all seriousness id like to read potted history of your 2 years on here.
    What got you to join, big mistakes you made , best trades, how your strategy has evolved over time etc

• @Advinculas-Index ill do that for you later on today

• @Black-Wolf you're one of the few guys I pay most attention to on here mate. You have calmed my nerves a few more times than I care to count on my short journey on FI so far.

So thank you for that and Happy Index Day :)

• alt text

• Happy Birthday! Here's to another 2 years 🍻

• That's 14 in dog years!

• @Black-Wolf
    2 years fair play ... must say your views have been consistent throughout and your calming reassurance is a welcome distraction to some of the noise that’s run through a lot of the interactions of late.
    Your an example of how one needs to be flexible and react to the Shifts in the platform and move on.
    Bet you didn’t think your port would be full of Eastern European keepers 2 years ago and a clean sheet was the holy grail to dividends 😜

• @Advinculas-Index said in πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚2 years old today πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚:

In all seriousness id like to read potted history of your 2 years on here.
    What got you to join, big mistakes you made , best trades, how your strategy has evolved over time etc

I'd like to see this taken further, maybe a full interview:

'When the horse met the wolf'

Other questions I'd like to see asked:

When did you know FI was going to be big?
    What does your partner think about your involvement with FI?
    What is your best and worst day/period on FI in terms of enjoyment?
    What are your top 3 favourite things about FI?
    Do you have ketchup or brown sauce on a bacon sandwich?
    How many shares are you planning to buy in Jony? (Segunda DivisiΓ³n Player of the Month: March 2018)

• 37f29a6f-fa8e-4f5a-a87e-580b54aae335-image.png

• @Yellow ill include all of this in my post later on. I think my experience of FI might be an eye opener to a lot of new users too. As its definitely not all been plain sailing and joining earlier had many pitfalls as well as advantages

• I thought we were celebrating some forum users mental age for a second ;)

Happy FI Birthday BW.

• Joined the football index in October of 2018 and it was two things that led me here. First was i winning bet on skybet, i won just under a Β£1000 on a weekend accumulator and i was buzzing until i checked my all time profit loss. I was Β£20 up now on skybet after probably 7 years of gambling, i wasn’t happy. The second thing that led me here was that on that same weekend i had watched a Dortmund game and spotted Jadon Sancho and thought he’s going to be big. On the Sunday of that weekend i was lying in bed thinking i wonder if i can place a bet on a players future so i typed in betting on a players future into google and it came up with football index and buying futures in footballers. I didnt have a clue about financial markets but i thought this could be something id find interesting. Did a tiny bit of reading and then joined in the next day.

I started with Β£50 bought a few sancho and Kante(like most of us do) and a couple of others. Now when i said i did a tiny bit of reading on it and had no knowledge of financial markets i mean it. I really knew nothing and as i bought one of the players a saw him go up 1p so i sold, then i bought another that did the same and sold again. I then realised 100 shares moved a player a penny so stupidly i started buying and selling and only noticed something was up as my balance crept down. This is when i decided more reading was required and I found out about commission πŸ˜‚ i had rushed in without any thought.

Now in my own defence theres was very little information available. I dont recall there being an Academy page, the forum was quiet, really quiet you could read every single post from a day within half an hour at bedtime, Twitter was just a place to boast and the only thing i could find was a small tab in the app that said terms and conditions. You couldnt even search online for information as there was so little out there. Upon reading the T&c’s I found out about commission, dividends and a few other essential things but like most at the time i had to spend and potentially lose money to learn.

Later that month the share split was starting to get mentioned and all of a sudden prices started climbing and my trading started making me money, then one day i was sitting at my kids football and got a notification about a deposit bonus, i logged in and players were flying. I thought it over for a few days and decided to go for it. I figured i spent around Β£2500 per year at the bookies so decided id quit traditional gambling and put a years worth of bets in here via a credit card which was perfectly legal at the time and i had no debt so i just say it as an advance on my betting stakes 😲. I withdrew my Β£250 bonus and all dividends to pay of the credit card faster and between then and the share split my Β£2500 portfolio grew to over Β£4000 despite the fact i was over trading and still didnt really know what i was doing. Then we had IPD’s introduced in that time plus another deposit bonus which i traded and withdrew afterwards which contributed to paying that card off quicker.

After the share split they did a big summer deposit bonus and with all debt paid off i put another £6000 in and thats when i really got into FI properly, making my own decisions instead of just following others and joined index gain to up my research in more depth and then the October crash happened. That was when i learned i couldnt solely trade based on players i liked i had to be ready to adapt with sentiment. I decided at that point to move what i could into big media friendly holds and a week later the dividend review happened and all these players rocketed. Now my trading style depends solely on proven dividend earners and when i get worried sentiment is shifting i have a set group of players i fall back on. That has worked very well and saved me on the approach of COVID as i noticed sentiment starting to drop and the market not growing as it should. During this period times got tough as they did for most so i withdrew some profits a little moreto help with living expenses but i genuinely thought i had FI all figured out and then they introduced Goal keepers and forced me to rethink everything 🀬 and here we are today sitting with a portfolio full of goal keepers

Anyone coming into this platform needs to understand it takes a while to learn the ropes. I probably took longer than most to get to grips with it but the more work you put in the more you get out. Not only has this product saved me from weekly gambling losses ive also made money doing it and im confident i will continue to do so for years to come. The wife even signed up 3 weeks ago and has already made 20% in dividends. Shes only playing with Β£50 but is also enjoying it wven though she has zero football knowledge πŸ˜‚

Anyway thats my football journey so far as requested by @Advinculas-Index and i will say an awful lot more has happened in my time here but the post is long enough and i cant be bothered writing anymore πŸ˜‚

• TLDR (Did really) πŸ˜‚ - is Index gain worth it btw?

• @Advinculas-Index it was but i havent used it since COVID kicked off so cancelled it. Now im not sure i need it for all the keepers

• @Advinculas-Index indexgain doesn't seem to have updated for the new season (could be because I'm a pikey and don't pay for it...?)

• I use Index scout and Index price alerts - both free

• @Advinculas-Index said in πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚2 years old today πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚:

I use Index scout and Index price alerts - both free

I use both too. You will notice Scout hasn't updated the table for GK PB. I emailed them and they said it should be available sometime this month.