Am I the only one here who could never let the missed know how much I have invested in FI

• She still believes it’s only about £1500 quid

• we have separate accounts
    She can do what she likes with her money and i will do likewise, as long as it doesn't affect our standard of living and its our own business.

Although she must think im playing on a very boring version of Championship manager every day

• Mine is actually fairly engaged with FI - she knows the level of investment, the only thing she cant get her head around is where the "profit" has gone recently 😅

Didn't want to go into the intricacies and just blamed the Rona 🤣

• @Three-lions I tell her a bit less than the actual amount just to stop her judging me but it's my own money from a work bonus mainly although we are currently saving for a house.

I recently got some inheritance money though which will mean the FI money isn't needed anytime soon if we do decide to buy.

• @Advinculas-Index same as my setup.

I prefer to keep FI to myself, she doesn't care, and she's interested, as long as it doesn't change our quality of life.

People think it's strange that we have separate accounts, we both put into a shared account to cover mortgage, bills, food etc, and a little for saving, but the rest is to do as we please, works wonderfully I think.

• I told my wife that it was around 6k, showed her the app, the players etc. That was in March and she asks occasional questions about how it's doing, particularly when I got excited watching a Spurs game where Kane got 4 assists and a goal earning me over £120 during the IPD promo. I didn't tell her that I put another 12k in though during the last deposit bonus and that the profit has shrunk rapidly since. For another day that one...

• @UncleBeard same here, although observing my FI portfolio over the last year she wanted a go. Thankfully she's only put £200 in over the last 3 months... just told her to wait before putting anymore in at the moment (Nasdaq, handbrake release etc).

• Mine knows tell her how much dividends I get at a weekend and let her know each month I’m still in profit.

Had a long conversation the other night as I wanted to add a decent chunk in and I explained the current risks bs rewards.

Best to keep her in the loop as it’s our wedding fund 🤣

• Mine knows I've got it in here, but it's my own money and doesn't affect our lives. Our wedding and house savings are separate.

• @kristiang85 Yeah mine is separate and wouldn't change anything if i lost it all tomorrow. She is terrible with money so she wouldn't have a leg to stand on if she ever questioned anything.

• @Sav2000 said in Am I the only one here who could never let the missed know how much I have invested in FI:

Mine knows tell her how much dividends I get at a weekend and let her know each month I’m still in profit.

Had a long conversation the other night as I wanted to add a decent chunk in and I explained the current risks bs rewards.

Best to keep her in the loop as it’s our wedding fund 🤣

Spend it all and get married with the current Covid rules.
    Few of my mates have saved a killing 😂

• @King-Fergus haha sorry when I said wedding that’s sorted it the honeymoon the cash will go on and I want 4 weeks somewhere nice 😎

My current profit will get me a weekend in Skegness 🤣

• @Sav2000 said in Am I the only one here who could never let the missed know how much I have invested in FI:

@King-Fergus haha sorry when I said wedding that’s sorted it the honeymoon the cash will go on and I want 4 weeks somewhere nice 😎

4 weeks !? Nice
    Some people get married and divorced in less time !!

• My right hand doesn't have any issue with me investing.

• Only got 2k in, my wife knows, knows about the drop in profits since March.

To be honest, I don't shut up about it and am always on my phone on match days, so it would have been quite hard to hide.

She'll occasionally ask about how Timmy Chestnuts is doing, but immediately glazes over as soon as I start talking about how a 34 year old striker I bought is doing the business!

@King-Fergus haha sorry when I said wedding that’s sorted it the honeymoon the cash will go on and I want 4 weeks somewhere nice 😎

I'm in a similar boat. Wedding is done and dusted, was supposed to honeymoon in March/April but old Corona kicked that one into the long grass.

I just can't see when the next opportunity to do the trip we wanted will be. Previously when players won PB I would be thinking things like 'that's an airport lounge paid for in Dubai', but with no plans to book anything I'm keeping it tucked away in here and divs are being reinvested.

Think it's important to have some plan for what you want to do with your winnings. That said, I bet I'd be back on the 'dex as soon as honeymoon was over.

• My Mrs knows now how much I have in here. We have other money in ISAs (FTSE and S&P500 trackers) so she keeps tabs on that and I keep tabs on this. We have more in them than this so she's comfortable. I used to intercept the bank statements but I dont have to now!! :)

• @DJ-110 said in Am I the only one here who could never let the missed know how much I have invested in FI:

@kristiang85 Yeah mine is separate and wouldn't change anything if i lost it all tomorrow. She is terrible with money so she wouldn't have a leg to stand on if she ever questioned anything.

Ditto! I spent most of this year signing for her bloody online shopping packages whilst WAH. The postman and I have bonded over it.

• Mine is somewhere approaching the truth now. Each time she guessed how much I had put in, I just added a bit more.

"You've put in a grand haven't you? But no more?"

"Yeah just about. Closer to 1.5k, but yeah that's all I have put in"

2 months later she asks again

"How much have you put into Football Index again? Was it a grand a half"

"Two grand. I told you a couple of months ago it was 2k."

I have incrementally stretched the narrative up towards the 8k mark.

Now that I have approached the truth, I am back in lie territory when asks how the market is going.

"You still over 3k profit?"

"Just a little under now, market has had a small dip but I expect to get back any day now..."

The key thing for us was that I had a very clear exit. I promised if I made a 5% loss I would sell up and take the losses. That got moved to +10%...a number which I have been sparring with for the last week.