Today is a big day for me....

• So when IS was withdrawn I decided to de-risk a little and sell around a quarter of my portfolio. I got pretty good prices for it, especially in the run up to the new divs announcement. Since then I've fluctuated a bit, selling off little chunks here and there, as well as putting some money in when I got a 10% deposit bonus.

Any way today is a historic day for me. My net deposits in FI are now zero. My entire portfolio is effectively profit from trading.

I know a lot of you think it's a bad time to sell and you've probably been gobbling up my shares. Fair play to you, however I'm now in a very comfortable place where, if this all goes wrong, I've not lost a penny, I really am just playing with paper profit.

Despite all the negativity right now I don't know any other platform I could have done this on so cheers FI.

• @GDS Pi$$ off with your good news!! We're all drowning in a sea of red over here!!!

No, well done, must have taken some time to get there, so great achievement!!!

• I'd play with just profit right now if I could but not sure a port of about five Messis would go very far.

• @GDS said in Today is a big day for me....:

So when IS was withdrawn I decided to de-risk a little and sell around a quarter of my portfolio. I got pretty good prices for it, especially in the run up to the new divs announcement. Since then I've fluctuated a bit, selling off little chunks here and there, as well as putting some money in when I got a 10% deposit bonus.

Any way today is a historic day for me. My net deposits in FI are now zero. My entire portfolio is effectively profit from trading.

I know a lot of you think it's a bad time to sell and you've probably been gobbling up my shares. Fair play to you, however I'm now in a very comfortable place where, if this all goes wrong, I've not lost a penny, I really am just playing with paper profit.

Despite all the negativity right now I don't know any other platform I could have done this on so cheers FI.

Well done mate. 🙌🏻 Plenty more opportunity coming up too.

• @GDS said in Today is a big day for me....:

My net deposits in FI are now zero. My entire portfolio is effectively profit from trading.

Congratulations & I certainly don't underrestimate the psychological effect of playing with "house" money & I would always advise never being exposed to more than you are comfortable with or prepared to lose. My own approach is if I truly believe in the product, think it will grow from here & believe the yields currently available present an exceptional opportunity (all of which I do) then I want to be exposed to the maximum size of portfolio possible (assuming the responsible gambling caveats earlier are still satisfied) as that will offer me the maximum possible future reward.

Based on this principle I haven't withdrawn a penny in the 2+ years I've been on here (other than an initial test to prove the system worked) & have reinvested all the dividends as this for me is a long term investment/gamble. I am fully invested in every way with the future platform success which is why I am willing to criticise the Senior management when I feel they are damaging the product or failing to deliver on their promises through a lack of professionalism, competence or ability to learn from their often repeated mistakes. I'm currently up approx 85% on net deposits but down 20% in the last few weeks from my peak valuation.

• @Geronimo159387 said in Today is a big day for me....:

ays advise never being exposed to more than you are comfortable with or prepared to lose. My own approach is if I truly believe in the product, think it will grow from here & believe the yields currently available present an exceptional opportunity (all of which I do) then I want to be exposed to the maximum size of portfolio possible (assuming the responsible gambling caveats earlier are still satisfied) as that will offer me the maximum possible future reward.
    Based on this principle I haven't withdrawn a penny in the 2+ years I've been on here (other than an initial test to prove the system worked) & have reinvested all the dividends as this for me is a long term investment/gamble. I am fully invested in every way with the future platform success which

I do still believe in the platform long term, I've still got £7K in here, so it's still a decent chunk of change and I intend to leave it here. It's just nice being able to relax a bit. Good luck to guys like you though who not only are backing the platform but usually have something well worth reading whenever you post.

• @UncleBeard said in Today is a big day for me....:

@GDS Pi$$ off with your good news!! We're all drowning in a sea of red over here!!!

No, well done, must have taken some time to get there, so great achievement!!!

Ha Ha, yeah sorry to gloat.

Yes I've been here a while, in two spells. I joined way back in Feb 2017 but only lasted about three months. I'd just started my own business and needed to scrape together every penny I could, I wish I could have left some money in here but it wasn't an option and I don't regret it as the business is going well. I went back in much later that year with £1,000 and just topped up every couple of months whenever I could until I had about £8K in here and a portfolio of about £16K.

To be honest I was a pretty lazy trader the first 12 months of that second spell, I just bought long term holds and sat on them. It was only when the business calmed down a little that I spent a bit more time on here.

• @GDS well done i was nearly there until goal keepers and then hen brown sunday and i put a load back in