Impact of COVID-19 on the index

• Curious to know if the rise in cases in recent weeks has factored into anyones plans on the index in the short / medium term? Do you think there's a real possibility of the new season being scrapped across any of the leagues and if so, has this made you reluctant to invest, assuming share prices for players would dip significantly?

• Covid what? 😐

• @NewUser346198

Anything is possible, but I don't see football being stopped again.. There may well be fixture list disruption, however there are precautions in place and regular testing at elite level so it seems unlikely that circumstances would deem it necessary (especially when there has been negligible health impacts on those who have contracted the virus to date)

• @NewUser346198 it's weird to think if you reverse the last few months of FI market sentiment in relation to the pandemic, it kind of makes more sense! I don't think the pandemic is the driving factor behind current uncertainty however

• @NewUser346198 i dont see it having any drastic impact now. Match postponements and players missing games is about as bad it will get for the leagues I suspect, maybe the odd break in fixtures. The biggest threat is that they dont go ahead with Euros again in my opinion

• @Black-Wolf I don't think the euros are in any serious risk

• @Hint me either thats just the worst possible we can expect in the world of football I suspect

• @NewUser346198 Doubt it, I expect people to be removing those in power if this goes on much longer tbh.

The economy is nearly dead and businesses are shutting left and right never to reopen and the debt is pilling up, people cant pay bills etc etc not to mention suicides and starvation is rocketing world wide, lockdowns killing more than the covid at this point.

Shits getting real, some real advice is be careful this xmas as there is going to be alot of hungry people out there, so make sure all doors and windows are secure.

• @Kanzz not to get too political but this government (which I did not vote for) were very anti lockdown at the beginning to to the point of negligence and now seem to be making up as we go along to get a hold on things. At this point we haven't controlled the spread so would any other government do anything differently at this point after the whole thing has been dealt with so terribly? And when would we get a chance to remove the current clown in power?

Anyway, in terms of football, I think we'll be fine but we have to get used to the odd random player missing a game due to COVID or the odd game being postponed, it'll just become the new normal for a while.

• Getting fed up of this Covid shit.

China has a lot to answer for and should be compensating every other country around the world for the crap they’ve caused. Get some basic animal welfare and food hygiene standards you stupid communists fucktards! You’re supposed to be one of the oldest civilisations in the world!

• @howsthebacon They are all lying bastards in my book, wouldnt trust any of them as far as I could throw them, never been proven wrong yet.
    Some are just much worse than others.

The reality is the disease isnt as deadly as we have been led to believe and we wont be able to get rid of it, we need to now just get on with life while we still have some left, there has been to many misdiagnosis's and false positive tests for the death figure to be took seriously.
    Right now we are doing far more more damage and killing far more people with the lockdown than the actual disease is, if we dont act now we are fucked in every sense of the word, there wont be anything left to reopen back to.
    I'm mid 30's worked threw this whole thing, deal with people daily, cash changing hands all day long, I have asthma for the record.

I'll leave it at that and not go off on my political soap box rants as this isnt really the place tbh.
    All im saying is I have my ear to the ground and the people give 0 fucks right now about what anyone in government has to say, they are just trying to pay bills and feed their kids.

• Don’t think it will impact significantly. Gradually every player will probably be exposed to it and we’ll have a few suspensions and player missing a couple of weeks. Don’t think the Euros will go ahead as planned - I think one country will have to host it. Possibly England? Can’t see the multi host thing working if covid is still an issue.

• @ocs123 are we still calling China communist? They can claim to be all they want but who are they kidding.

Anyway, back to FI.

• @Kanzz said in Impact of COVID-19 on the index:

@NewUser346198 Doubt it, I expect people to be removing those in power if this goes on much longer tbh.

The economy is nearly dead and businesses are shutting left and right never to reopen and the debt is pilling up, people cant pay bills etc etc not to mention suicides and starvation is rocketing world wide, lockdowns killing more than the covid at this point.

Shits getting real, some real advice is be careful this xmas as there is going to be alot of hungry people out there, so make sure all doors and windows are secure.

not a problem if your into cryptocurrency on the forex market recession proof its the way forward now before long crypto money will become the norm

• @Rob-E would be interested in knowing more about this. ive looked into various crypto exchanges. how would you go about things? it seems etherium and bitcoin are the 2 to go for

• @ocs123 said in Impact of COVID-19 on the index:

Getting fed up of this Covid shit.

China has a lot to answer for and should be compensating every other country around the world for the crap they’ve caused. Get some basic animal welfare and food hygiene standards you stupid communists fucktards! You’re supposed to be one of the oldest civilisations in the world!

Nobody knows how this started.

Alternatively you could look at how China handled it afterwards. There is a massive difference between mentality of Chinese people and the west.

Initially people thought it was because they have gone through it all before with SARS1 but if this happened again would western societies handle it better? Almost certainly not.

• @Kanzz said in Impact of COVID-19 on the index:

@howsthebacon They are all lying bastards in my book, wouldnt trust any of them as far as I could throw them, never been proven wrong yet.
    Some are just much worse than others.

The reality is the disease isnt as deadly as we have been led to believe and we wont be able to get rid of it, we need to now just get on with life while we still have some left, there has been to many misdiagnosis's and false positive tests for the death figure to be took seriously.
    Right now we are doing far more more damage and killing far more people with the lockdown than the actual disease is, if we dont act now we are fucked in every sense of the word, there wont be anything left to reopen back to.
    I'm mid 30's worked threw this whole thing, deal with people daily, cash changing hands all day long, I have asthma for the record.

I'll leave it at that and not go off on my political soap box rants as this isnt really the place tbh.
    All im saying is I have my ear to the ground and the people give 0 fucks right now about what anyone in government has to say, they are just trying to pay bills and feed their kids.

Inclined to agree. Shutting pubs and so on isn't going to make this go away it will just decimate the industry.

You either

1. Have one more go at eradicating it. 100 percent Full lockdown with heavy enforcement. Any breaches and you get a criminal record. Doesn't matter who it is.

2. Just learn to live with it.

Somewhere in the middle is pretty pointless. Not going to make it go away and will destroy economy.

• @jonathan-rolfe heard this morning the twitter ceo pumped 50m into bitcoin its the only currency that matters for me personally its predicted to be sky rocketed by 2026 ....gotta ask yourself why has he decided to invest into crypto instead of a normal business =)

• @Rob-E said in Impact of COVID-19 on the index:

@jonathan-rolfe heard this morning the twitter ceo pumped 50m into bitcoin its the only currency that matters for me personally its predicted to be sky rocketed by 2026 ....gotta ask yourself why has he decided to invest into crypto instead of a normal business =)

It's actually his company Square doing it, which is 1% of their assets...$50Mill
    Invested in that rather than holding in fund accounts as they feel its safer.....but also because Square want to use bitcoin as a payment option on their own app.

IF bitcoin becomes 'the worlds currency' it wont be in our lifetime.

• @Rob-E so he hasn't 'invested' in bitcoin

he has put 1% of Square's money into it, with the aim of making money once Square bring in their payment app.