Slab-Head

• Harry Maguire has been getting quite a lot of stick recently. What do we think to him as a hold going forwards? I have a decent holding in him but I'm considering my options.

• He’s going to play. Decent hold at £1.20-£1.30...more I’d worry

• @Boris999 When Man U play well he gets good scores and always a chance of a goal, but Man U are a bit shit at the moment...😆

• He’s unlikely to be at a lower ebb than now for some time.

• I have a decent holding in Maguire

He’s consistently Man Utd top defender in terms of PB Scores (go away Alex Telles) so there will be plenty of exit points if you do want to get out, but now is not the time sell him.

Market Sentiment, and the media sentiment changes very quickly (am I the only one remember how Grealish was overated, and quite widely hated). I’m not saying the exact thing will happen to Maguire, but Man Utd aren’t going to lose 6-1 each week.

• @Daniel grealish's rise is a little too sharp for my liking. If it wasn't for his performance being hot off the press would he have seen a rise to this extent?

• @wearing-louis said in Slab-Head:

@Daniel grealish's rise is a little too sharp for my liking. If it wasn't for his performance being hot off the press would he have seen a rise to this extent?

I agree, the rise was too sharp, but I hold Grealish from before he crashed, and I believe we’re getting back to a fairer valuation of him. The fact that it changed so much off of one performance was too much, but the market is very reactive. People will now think his media potential has risen compared to a week ago (not that he won any media divs yet mind you) and that his chance of moving to a bigger club are rising and that makes him look better value.

• @Daniel said in Slab-Head:

@wearing-louis said in Slab-Head:

@Daniel grealish's rise is a little too sharp for my liking. If it wasn't for his performance being hot off the press would he have seen a rise to this extent?

I agree, the rise was too sharp, but I hold Grealish from before he crashed, and I believe we’re getting back to a fairer valuation of him. The fact that it changed so much off of one performance was too much, but the market is very reactive. People will now think his media potential has risen compared to a week ago (not that he won any media divs yet mind you) and that his chance of moving to a bigger club are rising and that makes him look better value.

I would also add to my point that this isn’t the same as 4 months ago, where we knew relatively the number of shares to move a price up and could easily see how many shares had been bought in a player. Now is based down to Supply & Demand - saw a tweet with someone predicting that only 5000 shares moved Grealish up 80p, contrasted to 72000 pre-order books, and that the market depth was very thin. I didn’t see any evidence to explain how he reached 5000, but it may not actually be that much of an overreaction.