Who passed your eye test ?

• Hi All,

I just read the below article and thought the principle might benefit others here on FI.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/144924-the-eye-test

Who are your top three players on FI who passed your eye test and who had that something special,

Mine would be,

1 - Kylian Mbappe
    2 - Moise Kean
    3 - Mason Mount

I just saw something special in each of the above that somehow resonated with me, so it would be interesting to see what other traders may have spotted

• @Karl you saw something special in mbappe? Are you taking the piss?

• @NewUser653328 I see your point but I didn't see anything special in Sancho or Pogba who are also popular players.

So who is yours ?

• @Karl think Brandt, Havertz and Kostic are the only holds I have bought purely on eye test a couple of years ago

• Dubois bought him after I watched lion a few times ,without really knowing him but he got involved q lot in the attacking phase ,crossed at any given chance and tried his luck to get a goal and I must say I haven't been disappointed with him ..

• Billy Gilmour

• Greenwood. His both footedness and finishing at his age look incredible.

• Kulusevski probably my best.

Watched him in one game v Cagliari a year ago and he was outstanding, I could hardly believe it. Made him my biggest hold at 97p.

• Leftfield one...I remember watching Sorloth in a pre-WC friendly and on the basis of how good some of his passes and touches were/the way he carried himself I had to have a punt. If it was on the basis of the stats I never would have bought him then. That one certainly paid off.

On a higher level I'd say Oyarazabal, Haaland, Dolberg, Kubo.

To flip the question, some of the players I've ruled out because of eye test are: Alphonso Davies, Reece James, Jonathan David, Sabitzer, Wan-Bissaka.

• Ismail Sarr - big move coming and will be a perm league star

• Joao Felix (Benfica)
    Julian Brandt (Germany sub appearance)
    Donyell Malen (Netherlands)
    Theo Hernandez (Milan)
    Mikel Oyarzabal (Sociedad)

a couple i liked from youtube were

Luca Pellegrini
    Gaetano Castrovilli

• Alan Saint-Maximin

• @FindexJunction Seen Ajax last year at home and I was very impressed with Dolberg on the eye test..

Expecting big things from him in the future

• @MG3 does have quiet games but he has everything about him to be the real deal, I think a move to a big club in the next 18 months will be the turning point. He either goes in a bit of a huff and doesn't like being pushed harder and not always given the arm round the shoulder or he steps up and becomes a top top player.

He does still have a tendency to be a bit immature and lose his focus, he is young though. I mean if we're seeing what he does in a pretty poor Newcastle team now, imagine him with better defensive cover and options going forward, I personally think he's better than Adamants Traore.

• @howsthebacon yep completely agree, it's very different picking a PB player and a player that passes the 'eye test'. He is a serious talent and joy to watch, unrefined but it's there.

• @MG3 he has the successful dribbles and can get assists and goals as most of our play will go through him but...he sometimes rushes a shot and can be a bit weak. He'll strengthen up though and I can guarantee he won't be a Newcastle player in a year or two, he's already said he wants to play Champions League the little scamp!

I bought shares in him just to offset the sadness when he goes, at least there'll be some cap app haha.

• Cunha and Hateboer

• Your mum

• I dont hold any of them anymore but some players who've passed the eye test for me have been:

Josip Brekalo
    Michael Cuisance
    Abdulkadir Omur
    Keanen Bennetts

Out of all of them i'm probably most confident about Omur, think he's got something special and will definitely be in a PB league next season. Brekalo is really good on his day but needs more consistency. Hopefully Cuisance can get regular game time and think he'll be a great hold going forward.
    Keanen Bennetts is a bit of a punt, but i've been waiting for him to get some first team football for 18 months now, if he doesn't break into MG's team this season he's never going to make it.

• Chuckwueze