Australia World Cup IPO's - 9th May

• Afternoon all,

Tomorrow see's the first edition of the World Cup IPO train. Before you get too excited it's Australia who are first up.

The problem with what is left of the Aussie squad is that there's not much interest in them from the FI qualifying leagues; which means you've got them for 3 games only (unless they spring a surprise and qualify from a group containing France, Peru and Denmark)

As the group games are only paying out Single PB then you're hoping for a maximum 10% ROI in the games vs Peru and Denmark (games where they're likely to be on the back foot in my opinion)

The only 2 that I can sense ANY value in whatsoever are old war horse Mile Jedinak, down as defender (but plays in Midfield) and takes penalties for the Socceroo's (bagged a hat-trick vs Honduras in their last WC qualifier) however that is based on Villa being in the Play-off's (where they'll probably lose vs Fulham in the final but that's anyone's guess!). My biggest concern is that at 33 would he be made surplus to requirements if Villa did indeed get back in the big time? At 40p the risk is minimal so he could be worth a cheeky punt but certainly won't race away.

The other tempter is Daniel Arzani, at 19 he's a skillful attacking player who's surprised some by making the preliminary squad. It sounds like he has a lot of backing and has been dubbed the next Harry Kewell. IF he makes the cut and IF he gets off the bench (their Coach is suggesting he could well make an impact as a sub) then he has a chance to showcase his talent - from that point it's then down to him. We all know that it's likely an unknown will emerge from the shadows and earn themselves a big money move - he could well be in that category.

So at 30p he's a low risk stab in the dark that some might see worth taking on.

Happy to be educated on any that I've been too dismissive of but that's my take on it.

• Star performers could get moves in to qualifying leagues?

• Indeed but that would see a reactive increase no different to say Brahim Diaz playing this weekend and hitting 5 goals rather than grabbing a researched bargain at the IPO stage which is the reason behind the previews.

• Fair point

• Buying players in the socceroo squad is one Of the first signs Of insanaty allong with growing hairs on the palm Of yours hands and looking for them!!

Great idea Why not buy some crap player at 30 or 40p for 3 games and when They go out You need to sell with 3p spread and 2% comm...

• @Agatello said in Australia World Cup IPO's - 9th May:

Afternoon all,

Tomorrow see's the first edition of the World Cup IPO train. Before you get too excited it's Australia who are first up.

The problem with what is left of the Aussie squad is that there's not much interest in them from the FI qualifying leagues; which means you've got them for 3 games only (unless they spring a surprise and qualify from a group containing France, Peru and Denmark)

As the group games are only paying out Single PB then you're hoping for a maximum 10% ROI in the games vs Peru and Denmark (games where they're likely to be on the back foot in my opinion)

The only 2 that I can sense ANY value in whatsoever are old war horse Mile Jedinak, down as defender (but plays in Midfield) and takes penalties for the Socceroo's (bagged a hat-trick vs Honduras in their last WC qualifier) however that is based on Villa being in the Play-off's (where they'll probably lose vs Fulham in the final but that's anyone's guess!). My biggest concern is that at 33 would he be made surplus to requirements if Villa did indeed get back in the big time? At 40p the risk is minimal so he could be worth a cheeky punt but certainly won't race away.

The other tempter is Daniel Arzani, at 19 he's a skillful attacking player who's surprised some by making the preliminary squad. It sounds like he has a lot of backing and has been dubbed the next Harry Kewell. IF he makes the cut and IF he gets off the bench (their Coach is suggesting he could well make an impact as a sub) then he has a chance to showcase his talent - from that point it's then down to him. We all know that it's likely an unknown will emerge from the shadows and earn themselves a big money move - he could well be in that category.

So at 30p he's a low risk stab in the dark that some might see worth taking on.

Happy to be educated on any that I've been too dismissive of but that's my take on it.

Love the artical You wrote Its better than the IPOs themselfs Has at least your post holds some quality.... most definatly need tablets from the dr for IPO withdrewl cold turkey! Lets Hope theres some substance Of quality in the Brazil squad when we IPO teams begining with B

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.