Tonali

• One of my first ever purchases on FI and my longest existing hold.

Was in good profit for a long time but has tanked significantly since OBs and his move to AC where he isn't guaranteed a start each week.

However he is only 20 and still rated as one on the best young players in the world.

Now with a buy price of 1.33 (a lot cheaper than e.g. Camavinga) I'm unsure whether I should be topping up or giving up...

Thoughts?

• Love the guy and held for ages. There are a few issues here. Firstly he is probably gonna spend all is career in Italy. Alot of cap app is built from the premier league, unless you are a truly exceptional PB player (Kimmich, Neymar, Messi) or talent (Haaland, Fati, Cherki, Mbappe). No real signs that Tonali is a PB player, and he is a little too cultured to be in that raw exciting youngster bracket and has had his move. He will probably stay at Milan next five years seeing how much he loves the club. Given all that, I find it hard to see where his price moves to, unless he starts building his PB score.

• @Hint He is a quality player. At present, he is a squad-rotation player as Pioli like to start with Kessie, Benacer & Calhanoglu. The good thing is that Milan will have to play several matches this season (Serie A & Europa League), so he will play 20+ games this season, but not all in the starting 11. He will definitely be the future of Milan and Italy with his quality. So, long-term hold for me.

• @Victory He is quality but he won't displace Kessie and Bennacer anytime soon unless they get injured - they along with Ibrahimovic were instrumental.
    I had shares in him, but have moved away from youth to more established players/regulars (e.g. Pulisic, Hakimi, T Hernandez, Upamecano etc) Milan have carried on their impressive form when Serie A restarted and this season - from watching them this season he seems to start in the Europa League games but mainly a sub in the league.

• Meant to reply to the OP

• Surprised @Kanzz isn't here to pump.

I went with Hakan over Tonali with my bonus money - like the look of him but not convinced he is the right player for what I want FI wise.

• Surprised @Kanzz isn't here to pump.

I went with Hakan over Tonali with my bonus money - like the look of him but not convinced he is the right player for what I want FI wise.

• @howsthebacon Good shout I just saw this lol.

Im in the exact same boat as the poster, Tonali was one of my first buys, was well in profit untill OB now its tanked, im taking it as a second chance to top up while hes cheap.

Yes hes moved and wont be starting everygame right away, however I do believe the move was a good thing for him as it will help him develop.

Hes a young pup who has potential and loads of time to develop, I say anything under £1.50 is a good buy tbh, if you dont mind holding, as a couple of good games or he starts to show his talent and his price could quite quickly climb back to its peak of £3.

IMO ofc.

For the record I hold 800 and plan on taking him to 1000.