Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is

• It came to the end of the Man City vs Porto match, I glanced at my port value (set to Mid Price) and noticed it had jumped up £42... So I look down my list of players to see who's had a rise, turns out Porto's Mehdi Taremi coming off the bench for 5 minutes had garnered some interest.

"Superb... I have 600 of him listed already with 400 left to quick sell, maybe now is not the worst time to bank some of those profits."

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 22.19.20.png

Turns out, there were just 11 bids, worth a grand total of £2.53 and those 11 bids are the reason my portfolio value jumped up over £42.

The second I hit the instant sell... £42 down again...

C'est la vie.

• @Dan-The-Man I didn't know he had transferred to Porto. Thanks for the update - my bad for not checking up on him...

• @Kipper72 said in Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is:

@Dan-The-Man I didn't know he had transferred to Porto. Thanks for the update - my bad for not checking up on him...

Yeah, they've had him benched every game so far mind. Not sure if it's a fitness thing. Surely, you don't buy the golden boot winner of your league, to sit on the bench ha.

• @Dan-The-Man That is critical information. Why do all clubs bung their new star man on the bench for a few games?

I hope Iran get into the world cup.

• @Kipper72 Think they've had quite a lot of change, what with Telles, Casillias, Danilo, Silva, all leaving, they've brought in Felipe Anderson, Taremi, Sarr, so they're probs still getting things worked out.

• @Dan-The-Man lighten up Danny boy. Enjoy the football ⚽️

• The depth is still pathetic on loads of players, especially squad list. Many showing a sell value have less than 10 bids on... Who bids less than 10 on these cheapos? Possibly MMs directed to make sure as many players as possible show a sell value. Truth of it is many of us are still locked in with no liquidity. Really hope they do a follow up offer to this 8%, something like Smds or 5xIpds again, otherwise serious MMs to provide liquidity in the squad list as AC suggested would happen.

• @Valhalla said in Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is:

@Dan-The-Man lighten up Danny boy. Enjoy the football ⚽️

I found it quite funny tbf, but it just shows you how far up shit creek without a paddle I am on some of these trades and I'm guessing there are many others are in similar/worse positions.

Makes you wonder how many people with large ports, believe that they are well on the road to recovery since the crash, only to have a bunch of players with a handful of shares propping up their port value.

FI needs a realism overhaul.

We have a "Buy Price" and a "Mid Price", option, how about a "Realistic" filter, where it shows us our ports values based on how much we could instant sell in an instant.

• @Dan-The-Man I was in the same boat as you Danny, but I took the losses & slowly dug my way out the hole.

It's took about 3-4 months of hard slog, accepting the losses & moving on. I took a £6k hit in less than 24 hours once OB's hit! 🙈

I had a good drink that night! 😂

It's about taking the money you can & putting it in places that are now likely to thrive under the new conditions.

I'm now seeing green shoots & this has been going on for a few weeks.

Screenshot_20201022-082607~3.png

I'm now in a position where I hope to be higher than I have ever been by Christmas 🎄

Not bad considering the economic conditions & the Football year from hell!

• @Westy I'd prefer it if they just let the market settle for a bit but yeah, the depth on a lot of players is pretty rough.

Yesterday was somewhat of a triumph for me with Mehdi Taremi. Having bought him when he was playing in Qatar for 9p, only to have him transfer to Rio Ave, win the Golden Boot in Liga Nos, then get picked up by Porto where after all this time he finally played in a PB league.

Sadly, the lack of depth, means I'm basically stuck hoping he wins PB in the coming weeks, just so that I can get back some of my bet that I'm supposedly quadrupled up on.

• @Ericali said in Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is:

@Dan-The-Man I was in the same boat as you Danny, but I took the losses & slowly dug my way out the hole.

Screenshot_20201022-082607~3.png

Glad to see you're doing well mate but based on my +£42 being actually a +£2.53, your +£1,589 could be +£95.73 in real terms 😂😂🤮.

Hopefully your figures are closer to reality than mine were, they could be, especially if they are all newer trades.

It's about taking the money you can & putting it in places that are now likely to thrive under the new conditions.

I cashed out of Pulisic and Telles to give myself some liquidity. I knew they'd keep rising (and I genuinely think Telles could hop on the hype train to the moon) but they were the only two players out my 30, who had an even remotely reasonable spread. You can imagine how much it's going to sting when I see Telles take that first penalty though 😉

• @Dan-The-Man said in Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is:

I cashed out of Pulisic and Telles to give myself some liquidity.

Nothing wrong with "cashing out" and securing the profit mate.

• @Ericali this is meaningless... using bids you can be in instant 'profit' on players. Only the IS amount and number of shares matter and none of the numbers in FI reflect that.

• @Dan-The-Man at least it's early in the season, so likely to see bids keep appearing each CL match day and probably even more if he gets a start. Might require a bit of patience but would expect there will be times you can sell, although might require a bit of good luck on timing if there are others waiting for bids too, even if he doesn't do much. Of course, a good performance would be a game changer.

I've got several in this boat that are going to need a good match day to get any kind of half decent bid. I'm being patient with some but at some point, I may have to just accept a rubbish spread if I see better opportunities to make the money back elsewhere.

• I'd be interested to know what % of holders of a player have more than 300 shares in them. I have a 15k port (and yes, IS was around when I started) and the highest number of shares I have in a player is 275. Quite a risky strategy these days but I suppose high risk, high reward potentially.

With regards to the general question/grievance, I don't often look at my portfolio value these days - rightly or wrongly, I am focussing more on dividends than cap app.

• @Shippers said in Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is:

@Dan-The-Man said in Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is:

It's more that I didn't want to trade out of those players is all but you're right, banking the profits from Pulisic, was pretty nice.

• @FootballArgos I have a lot of goalkeepers at 300-500 shares but only one outfielder (Grealish) who I couldn't help topping up on when he dropped below £2. Lewa and Eriksen might join that club soon (the latter I am well in the hole on but if he earns a regular start/moves his IS price at the moment is comically low).

I held 500 Kane earlier in the year but wasn't comfortable with that amount of £ in one player so now at 200.

Think the £ amount matters a lot more than shares tbh. None of my players are worth more than 5% of my port .

• @Dan-The-Man said in Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is:

@Shippers said in Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is:

@Dan-The-Man said in Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is:

It's more that I didn't want to trade out of those players is all but you're right, banking the profits from Pulisic, was pretty nice.

I wouldnt be suprised if at some point you get a chance to buy back in lower especially someone like Pulisic whos so young and will be inconsistent

• @Dan-The-Man I think it's good getting out of Pulisic tbh. He might keep rising on hype alone but the last few markets have shown there is more concentration on dividend earners, and I don't see Pulisic being one. I expect him to be comfortably outscored by Chiwell and Ziyech most weeks.

• @Timmy said in Here's How Fake My Portfolio Value Is:

@Dan-The-Man I think it's good getting out of Pulisic tbh. He might keep rising on hype alone but the last few markets have shown there is more concentration on dividend earners, and I don't see Pulisic being one. I expect him to be comfortably outscored by Chiwell and Ziyech most weeks.

I was looking at selling Pulisic at £3.88 on Brown Sunday before I knew about the crash. He was the only player in my port who had risen since the Thursday, and as I clicked through to sell him, his price tanked 50p.

I think he'll be back to that price sooner rather than later with him playing again now.

I am curious how Ziyech gets on in the Prem. That said, both are now at a price tag where I don't tend to trade. I do think Pulisic will prove himself though. He's still young and it's his second year at the club so I expect more out of him, especially now he has the likes of Timo to feed.