Pre- and Post- World Cup deals

• Starting to plan for some summer transfer investments (slightly late I know) and wondering which deals you think will happen before and after the world cup?

I'd say Arsenal and Chelsea will announce their new manager as soon as the season ends if they can to get some business done before the WC and summer break. Depends who they can get to commit though.

A couple of initial thoughts.

Cavani to Chelsea? My instinct is early on but guess it may depend on Morata moving. Or they may keep him and sell later.

Griezman to Barcelona? Depends how determined he is to go. I can see Atletico playing hard ball on this to find the right replacement and get as high a fee as possible so this could drag on?

Christian Eriksen? Depends how his WC is maybe? Not expecting great things from Denmark but I can't see him leaving before the WC (if he does leave at all) either.

Ousmane Dembele? Looks like possibly a loan move for him but if he did transfer, maybe late summer if he's involved at the WC?

Thoughts?

• @NewUser144089
    You want to forget all that and look at the Bosman market.
    Players like Balotelli, Bamba, Diego Reyes, Bernard, Dani Garcia etc etc
    Guaranteed rumours

• I've got Balotelli and had him since he was £1.10.

• @Comrade said in Pre- and Post- World Cup deals:

@NewUser144089
    You want to forget all that and look at the Bosman market.
    Players like Balotelli, Bamba, Diego Reyes, Bernard, Dani Garcia etc etc
    Guaranteed rumours

I can understand the Balotelli one as he's a media buzz magnet but I can't understand the others. Is it the hope that they get linked to a Prem club and then selling them for the capital appreciation?

• They will all be linked with moves as they are Bosmans.
    I'm up 11p on Bamba, 8p on Bernard and 2p on the others.
    I've already moved a few others on for profit.

Another thing I'm looking is players in teams relegated.
    I got Martins Indi only 43p and then there is the highly rated Barella at Cagliari who has been linked with Liverpool amongst others. Cagliari are bang in trouble so he will defo move if they go down but will probably move regardless

• @NewUser144089 said in Pre- and Post- World Cup deals:

Starting to plan for some summer transfer investments (slightly late I know) and wondering which deals you think will happen before and after the world cup?

I'd say Arsenal and Chelsea will announce their new manager as soon as the season ends if they can to get some business done before the WC and summer break. Depends who they can get to commit though.

A couple of initial thoughts.

Cavani to Chelsea? My instinct is early on but guess it may depend on Morata moving. Or they may keep him and sell later.

Griezman to Barcelona? Depends how determined he is to go. I can see Atletico playing hard ball on this to find the right replacement and get as high a fee as possible so this could drag on?

Griezman has a release cause of around 88 million .

• @NewUser144089 a lot depends on the peformence of the players at the world cup. I think we will see new rising stars.... like Thomas Muller some years ago who was unknown before the wc and scored the most goals of all players at this tournament. I think it was 2010.
    Or Keylor Navas 2014. Who moved after a very strong performence at the wc from Levante to Real Madrid.... that are just two examples.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.