Remaining players to step up

• So thinking of a different point of view, I’m wondering do people have any suggestions for players that might have the opportunity to step up if someone else leaves. Instead of thinking of who is going where, I’m trying to think of who is staying where.

Not all will step up and with some clubs, instead of an existing but different player being the main man, they might get someone new. There’s also the possibility that the transfer might not go through and they remain at their respective clubs. But a few thoughts;

Fekir out, Depay step up? Good season and stepped up with Fekir our injured
    Griezmann out, costa back as main man? He’s done it before!
    Aguero out, Jesus step up? Right now quite highly priced but if Aguero were to go with Jesus up top and City scoring for fun, could we see his value rise?
    Werner out, Augustin step up? Cheap and if given that opportunity could he step up?

Only a few names that just came to me but could be worth a punt as a POA. Mostly attacking forward players but could be the same in other positions too.

As always, interested in peoples views. Thanks 👍

• Good point. Depay has already stepped up as you say, he's first on my list for next season. Holding JKA too

• Plan on getting a few Depay throughout the summer as I think (and hope) his price will drop a bit. No WC, doubt many transfer rumours but should have a good season next year if this year is anything to go by 👍

• Is there not still rumours of Depay being tracked by Milan.

• I've got Jesus and he has done nothing. I will sell him during World Cup even when in form. I was going to buy Depay when he was £1.40 but didn't have the money. Augistin I already own.

• @NewUser59855
    Any other ideas? The idea was to see other people's suggestions but everyone is just commenting about the few I said haha

• @John-Renwick
    Unsure mate, not too much noise about it but I'll keep an eye out for it!

• @FranklynMary Here is my list of players I own like you want:

1. Lemar seems to be going. Tielemans may step up even further.
    2. When Falcao is not the main man Monaco have young players like Pellegri, Balde and Sylla.
    3. Neymar may be going to Madrid. M’Bappe will then become the main man.
    4. Vardy is getting older. Musa and Slimani are out on loan so seem out of favour. Iheanacho may become the main man next season.
    5. Rooney seems to be going off to USA. It may be a good chance for Calvert Lewin to step it up at Everton.
    6. Can may be leaving Liverpool and Coutinho has already gone. Grujic may be a good buy who is out on loan at Cardiff currently.
    7. Pulisic may be leaving Dortmund. Sancho has a chance now to step it up.
    8. De Rossi is older and I think Strootman gets injured. Gerson is a good young player who can shine.
    9. Fekir seems to be going off so Aouar may become the star man at the club next.

That's it. That is all my players I own. I don't own many futures of each and am hoping to buy as many as I can next month when I can afford to. Now I've given everybody on this forum ideas they will probably buy them up before me now ha-ha.

• @NewUser59855
    Haha there we go! It was just a discussion to see if anyone had thought about anybody not so obvious and less sought after. I appreciate the post. And unfortunately while people don't intend to promote their players, I think people do read these posts as I always see players go up after a discussion haha. But at least if you have some you'll be in the green! I keep missing out on players with strict finances at the moment, extremely frustrating! But that's the way it is! :/

• Henry onyenkuru would be my pick ....I am expecting big things in premier league next year for everton from him and at 80 odd p for a forward is good money for me.

Schick... Roma's record signing still under 90p

• @NewUser59855 said in Remaining players to step up:

@FranklynMary Here is my list of players I own like you want:

1. Lemar seems to be going. Tielemans may step up even further.
    2. When Falcao is not the main man Monaco have young players like Pellegri, Balde and Sylla.
    3. Neymar may be going to Madrid. M’Bappe will then become the main man.
    4. Vardy is getting older. Musa and Slimani are out on loan so seem out of favour. Iheanacho may become the main man next season.
    5. Rooney seems to be going off to USA. It may be a good chance for Calvert Lewin to step it up at Everton.
    6. Can may be leaving Liverpool and Coutinho has already gone. Grujic may be a good buy who is out on loan at Cardiff currently.
    7. Pulisic may be leaving Dortmund. Sancho has a chance now to step it up.
    8. De Rossi is older and I think Strootman gets injured. Gerson is a good young player who can shine.
    9. Fekir seems to be going off so Aouar may become the star man at the club next.

That's it. That is all my players I own. I don't own many futures of each and am hoping to buy as many as I can next month when I can afford to. Now I've given everybody on this forum ideas they will probably buy them up before me now ha-ha.

Like the Iheanacho one. Wondering about Demarai Gray as well. Hasn't had the best season but could pick up and have more opportunities next season.

What do you think of Jesus stepping up if Aguero leaves? I guess they will look to replace with a more experienced goal scorer but still, worth considering?

• @metropolis I already hold 170 futures of Jesus. I have won 1 PB or MB all season out of him. Man City players don't do well. When at his peak price high during world cup I shall be selling him, not buying more of him. As for Iheanacho I expect him to do better than Gray so will just stick with Iheanacho.

• @Pat-Hiscock and who exactly is leaving for them to step up?

• @Pat-Hiscock schick he is defiantly worth buying can see him being £2 by start of the season well spotted pat

• Usually I work 6 months ahead so ignore the wc but this player is a win win keita balde ....Lemar will leave in summer and this guy will slot right in on the lw ,also playing for Senegal in a canny group at £1.10 surely a steal....😊

• @Pat-Hiscock funny enough I was looking at him yesterday and put him on my watch list I'm gunna keep a closer eye on him now

• @Pat-Hiscock another I can see doing well next year is mboula at 72p another canny investment

• @Mazza-magic 8 goals in 23 games 1st season as Lemar understudy is not to shabby, champions league forward for under £1.20 ...easy50% growth in him.

• @Pat-Hiscock i went for mboula yesterday instead i like moise kean to and I like driussi of zenit and I think spurs might come in for him again and now Mancini is leaving to be Italian national boss driussi looks a snip at 50p

• @Pat-Hiscock I also hear Monaco are interested in Sam grandsir of Troyes so I had a little punt on him to at 53p a pop

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.