What am i missing?

• It feels like the game has changed the past 4days and it’s making me reevaluate a tone of my lower £££ hold.

1. Vardy, got a tone of him during the crash. I understand he’s been put a few games, but he’s meant to be back for tomorrows game, no? His IS is currently £1.00 and pre international break this would be £1.12-£1.18 pre game.

2. Jimenez, another solid pump and dump option. But he’s not above £1.30 IS. Normally he’s in the £1.40-£1.57 range pre game.

3. Phillip Coutinho, IS dropping below £2 despite CL + La Liga game. I think this one is just post match drop, but concerning seeing him below £2.

4. Jordan Henderson. Feels like people have given up on him, was hovering between £0.95-£1.01, now at £0.90.

Vardy and Jimenez are both players i’d expect to be selling like clock-work at the weekend, but looks like this won’t happen. Make me feel like playing “PB powerhouse only”. What are your thoughts on this part if the market?

• I'd say if You think those players are undervalued......buy them.

Whether others do or don't won't matter until it's time to sell, and if they are playing well and earning dividends you will find buyers

For clarity - I don't hold any of them

• @NewUser610639 said in What am i missing?:

What are your thoughts on this part if the market?

IPD plays are dead without liquidity & narrow spreads, a possible solution would be a renewal button that involved paying commission on a set number to gain IPD eligibility without the need to go to market at all. The 5x promo demonstrated that there's plenty of appetite amongst traders for those type of players but without the ability to either get in/out or refresh fairly easily then that market section dies & it represents probably 85% of the current market!

Given most of the suitable IPD players have little or no chance of MB/PB/TOTM why would anyone buy or hold them if refreshing or recycling is economically unviable??? FI need to address this ASAP if they want IPD trading to remain viable. Agreed swaps are currently filling the void but it's not a permanent solution IMHO.

• @Geronimo159387 said in What am i missing?:

@NewUser610639 said in What am i missing?:

What are your thoughts on this part if the market?

IPD plays are dead without liquidity & narrow spreads, a possible solution would be a renewal button that involved paying commission on a set number to gain IPD eligibility without the need to go to market at all. The 5x promo demonstrated that there's plenty of appetite amongst traders for those type of players but without the ability to either get in/out or refresh fairly easily then that market section dies & it represents probably 85% of the current market!

Given most of the suitable IPD players have little or no chance of MB/PB/TOTM why would anyone buy or hold them if refreshing or recycling is economically unviable??? FI need to address this ASAP if they want IPD trading to remain viable. Agreed swaps are currently filling the void but it's not a permanent solution IMHO.

And i’m assuming this became an issue the same time people panic sold their potfolios during the recent crash? Because everything was fine before then.

• I sold Jimenez on the evening he won a bronze day PB not too far back. He was a good hold but I won't be getting back in.

You'll be able to flog when he has his day. Wolves got some bronze days coming up so have some patience, hope he comes good on one of those days and if he does, sacrifice the dividends to get out.

• @Munchie63 said in What am i missing?:

I'd say if You think those players are undervalued......buy them.

Whether others do or don't won't matter until it's time to sell, and if they are playing well and earning dividends you will find buyers

For clarity - I don't hold any of them

No, the issue is i have Vardy at £0.84 and was hoping to sell for £1.15+.

I also sold all my Jimenez for £1.57 and got back in at £1.26 :’(

I also got some D.Henderson but that’s a slightly different situation.

• There is no logic to anything.. don’t panic, barely anyone is on this site..it’s a fucked up season.

• @NewUser610639 you could check the timeline, but I suspect that was when we had the 5 x IPD bonus. I think people are just a bit less enthusiastic on the IPD flips now they are back to normal. They still play a part in managing your port strategy, but you've got to make sure you play the spreads well. Personally I don't play for IPDs and just treat them as a bonus on players I want to hold anyway, although I know others do well by refreshing every 30 days or so.

• @OneBigHoliday said in What am i missing?:

There is no logic to anything.. don’t panic, barely anyone is on this site..it’s a fucked up season.

Just the 3,000+ of us & the £2,400,000 traded between us in the last 24 hours 🤷

Screenshot_20201024-194531.png

Other than that....... 😂

• @Geronimo159387 I’ve been able to refresh most of my shares by using the natural pre-game, Sunday/Monday ebb and flow. Failing that wait until they have a good game, flog and buy back cheaper. I’ve done that today with Upamecano, sold and rebought for less, got the IPDs and refreshed for a month. It’s perhaps tougher than it was but still doable. I should add that I’ve bought a lot of goalscoring defenders, because their IS tends to shift more when they do score, making trading in and out easy,

• @Mintyfresh said in What am i missing?:

@NewUser610639 you could check the timeline, but I suspect that was when we had the 5 x IPD bonus. I think people are just a bit less enthusiastic on the IPD flips now they are back to normal. They still play a part in managing your port strategy, but you've got to make sure you play the spreads well. Personally I don't play for IPDs and just treat them as a bonus on players I want to hold anyway, although I know others do well by refreshing every 30 days or so.

No, it was also after (last couple of weeks before things got mental). I’m now getting out of the IPD game and solely concentrating in PB. I check my phone far too much for prices, so i think a more passive long-term approach is better all around. PB, SM + TOTM Is the gold mine 😃

• @Richio

yes it's possible for a few players with a few hundred futures but try doing it in any volume or in slightly less popular players & it's simply uneconomic.

• @OneBigHoliday said in What am i missing?:

There is no logic to anything.. don’t panic, barely anyone is on this site..it’s a fucked up season.

With this post and your other thread titled: “Whatever you think you know about Football, just chuck it in the bin “ I’m guessing your selection of players is having a rough ride?
    Yes, some of footy results are a bit funky, like the Liverpool thrashing. But otherwise, everything is as it should be. So I’m not sure I follow you. After the ridiculous dividend increase, anyone with any sense would have loaded their port with proven PB winners, and so far they they are performing exactly as the should. Happy days.

• @Ericali those are great numbers but we both know that are the same money leaving one player and jumping on another ,there is not enough money in the platform and I don't think that many new people are getting on board as we are still below the historic peaks on most players probably Kilmichael qnd a few others broke through their peak ,I am still here and I am making some money back since brown Sunday but as we all know it is all paper profit the issue will be when it comes the time for selling ,the platform is good peoe qre getting used to the new normal but also ,the way this product works is always unbalanced they should have simply found the right balance for ipd and pb maybe 5p Ipd and get rid of that hideous team of the month ?
    Obviously you are more experienced and know what you are talking about so maybe I am just talking shit .
    Anyway I Don't really play the Ipd game as it is not worth the risk to be stuck with some shit player or someone old for 2p

• @Geronimo159387 yeah, I agree that if you’re looking at hundreds, or thousands of shares it’s tough.

• @R9inter “hideous team of the month?” I may be wrong, but TOTM is one of the most popular additions in recent times. It was the only thing that received rave reviews in first, crappy dividend increase. Ppl wanted players rewarded for consistent good performances. And they got it.
    I’m guessing your more of an IPD man? Each to their own. All good. But I’m personally a big TOTM fan 💪🏻

• @Valhalla two threads shouldn’t have been uploaded, I’m more than happy with my holds... but any knowledge people claim to have had is counting for little, team selections, too many games in too short of a time.. no crowds.. change of attitude, less pressure etc etc

• @Valhalla no as I said in my post i don't play for IPD but I see them as a bonus ,I am more focused on PB (match day )
    TOTM WAS JUST TO SHUT PEOPLE UP ABOUT TIERED PB ,it would have been way better if it was team of the week , as to be honest wait a month to maybe win 10p is not great tbh but as you say each their own and obviously some people like it ...
    Think tho if the ipd were better you could get in and out of trades easily and the market would be more dynamic, unfortunately the platform isn't big enough yet to support all the players ( not the shit bets i mean decent lower end players ) so one solution would be to help people trade more easily

• @R9inter

I can appreciate where you are coming from with your concerns, but I do think that FI has secured quite a healthy balance between PB and IPDs.

The OB system is going to bring with it periods of discomfort, but it also brings opportunity through volatility to trade the spreads and secure very healthy rewards via CA and IPDs buying off trend and renewing shares and PB/MB/MTOTM rewards for retaining shares.

• @R9inter of course we'd prefer it one more regular as this would equal more divs but team of the week is basically just the people who won PB that weekend, so it becomes less competitive, TOTM allows for more consistent players to be included who may not have won PB.

Perhaps they could do a a larger TOTM maybe? A bench so to speak. I'd obviously not say no to team of the week though, anything that results in more divs is all go for me.