Post Bonus Period

• 24hr metrics show alarmingly low active users and trades. That is during a cash back bonus. What do people think FI will do when the bonus ends to stop the market stagnating and wide spreads?

Finally some news on MMs?
    Nasdaq?
    New Media?
    Depth Visibility?
    Marketing plans?

Another promotion? 'Gold November'?

Surely they will scrap the 2% buying commission? Although not many new shares being minted and the daily payouts are more than the commission on daily trading.

• If you were going full out for the bonus I'd guess most would have got in as early as possible...

Does anyone have the figures from the 1st week of both bonuses?

Guessing it's lower than usual as everyone's money went in in one go?

• @Coriolanus I have to admit the active traders every 24hrs has surprised me given it's between the 3.5-4.5k mark. that number is going to have to be significantly higher going forward if the expansion plans are to be achieved.

I would be surprised if there was another cash back promo immediately following this one, it creates nothing long term so they really need to focus on the product and not just maintaining the Footie number.

I can see the buy commission being held off for a while again thou, to me it looks like the spreads are widening on plenty and the IS on plenty of the top players are not quite as high as a week ago. Be interesting to see how the next few days go on players that are not involved in Europe before the bonus expires.

• No need to be alarmed by this. It's only because you can see it now - it is most likely to have been that over the past 6 months+

Yes, we need more users but I don't agree that this is alarming at all.

• @Roon they've done non stop offers for a long time now, sometimes offers overlapping other offers, I think theyl continue to do promos until we are finally using the finished product with big MMs in play for liquidity.

• @Coriolanus

Tough one to guess. I was surprised at how low that figure is. It does refer to active traders, so that will discount anyone who is not actively buying or selling in the 24hr period (I have no idea what percentage of traders are passive)

I'd expect the market makers proper (i.e not the FI liquidity provider) to be in play when Nasdaq arrives and we can see market depth. Right now it is probably not so important, when we see the depth I do think it is important that we can see plenty of bids across the market.

I am also half expecting some kind of MB div boost to come alongside the review, but that may be more dependent on how efficient the new system is and how much hassle it is likely to cause them if they up divs and have people complaining more about the scoring system on this basis.

Promotion wise I reckon we'll see further IPD boost type promos and hopefully something along the lines of their bonus point promo but more straightforward

• @Coriolanus said in Post Bonus Period:

24hr metrics show alarmingly low active users and trades. That is during a cash back bonus. What do people think FI will do when the bonus ends to stop the market stagnating and wide spreads?

Nasdaq?
    New Media?
    Depth Visibility?
    Marketing plans?

Surely they will scrap the 2% buying commission? Although not many new shares being minted and the daily payouts are more than the commission on daily trading.

I think the net buy bonus may actually be part of the reason why there are so few active trader, every time you sell and rebuy you're effectively reducing the amount that you'll be eligible to receive the bonus on, will be interesting to see if the number jumps once the bonus is over

• Nations league ipd’s are needed badly imo, will be a break when FI need trading, its a no brainer.

• Is an ‘active trader’ someone just on the site or someone buying or selling on the site during that period?

24hr metrics show alarmingly low active users and trades. That is during a cash back bonus. What do people think FI will do when the bonus ends to stop the market stagnating and wide spreads?

Nasdaq?
    New Media?
    Depth Visibility?
    Marketing plans?

We need probably most of what you've mentioned. Certainly need MMs for various reasons that isn't a secret, not sure media review will have a "huge" effect though will be nice to have it working as it should come 2022 😅. It felt previous bonus more money was pumped in so I'm not personally suprised were seeing less money tbh

• @Shippers I guess there could be some reluctance to buy current MB hitters until we know more about the new mb. and when its live you can be sure there will be overreaction buying to any outliers that pinch mb wins early on.

@Shippers I guess there could be some reluctance to buy current MB hitters until we know more about the new mb. and when its live you can be sure there will be overreaction buying to any outliers that pinch mb wins early on.

Fair point, it will be interested to see who it overly effects, i expect this goes for alot of players tbf but there have been occassions where the likes of Jota and Nicolas Pepe certinly have missed out on wins, they stand out in my mind

• @Shippers I think those are the type people will buy … so that in itself means you can profit if you go first. but id sell on the rise... cos reality is someone like marcus rashford will probably be referred to as 'rashford' just as much as nicholas pepe is called 'pepe' … but because there isn't a player on the index called 'rashford'.. we dont see it.

the bigger element for me and I cant even remember exactly what they said... was about targeting performance more than gossip. so negative stories would actually be negative... and sentiment scoring for words was changing. so maybe someone like kane could finally get the kind of mb youd expect from him and guys like Pogba might be adversely affected (tho he hasn't won mb consistently for ages, so will be hard to gauge the impact of the changes).

@Shippers I think those are the type people will buy … so that in itself means you can profit if you go first. but id sell on the rise... cos reality is someone like marcus rashford will probably be referred to as 'rashford' just as much as nicholas pepe is called 'pepe' … but because there isn't a player on the index called 'rashford'.. we dont see it.

the bigger element for me and I cant even remember exactly what they said... was about targeting performance more than gossip. so negative stories would actually be negative... and sentiment scoring for words was changing. so maybe someone like kane could finally get the kind of mb youd expect from him and guys like Pogba might be adversely affected (tho he hasn't won mb consistently for ages, so will be hard to gauge the impact of the changes).

Yeah, maybe Vardy might finally have value 🤣. Pogbas will get hurt initially probably further although knowing global media is opening up that could benefit him but is obviously probably 12 months away.

• @Shippers said in Post Bonus Period:

@Coriolanus said in Post Bonus Period:

@Shippers I guess there could be some reluctance to buy current MB hitters until we know more about the new mb. and when its live you can be sure there will be overreaction buying to any outliers that pinch mb wins early on.

Fair point, it will be interested to see who it overly effects, i expect this goes for alot of players tbf but there have been occassions where the likes of Jota and Nicolas Pepe certinly have missed out on wins, they stand out in my mind

Jota hasn't lost out on wins any more than any player (probably) or lost more points than any other player its just its more visible because of the fake Jota. Other players will have just as many lost points. Had the new system been in place, its unlikely Jota would have won as Rashford would have gained lots of points as well.

The singe name change would I guess help people like PEA and TAA who have awkward names. And probably hurts Neymar and Willian and players like that. But Neymar has pretty much been just a PB player recently anyway.

• @SDOAFIT said in Post Bonus Period:

@Shippers said in Post Bonus Period:

@Coriolanus said in Post Bonus Period:

Jota hasn't lost out on wins any more than any player (probably) or lost more points than any other player its just its more visible because of the fake Jota. Other players will have just as many lost points. Had the new system been in place, its unlikely Jota would have won as Rashford would have gained lots of points as well.

The singe name change would I guess help people like PEA and TAA who have awkward names. And probably hurts Neymar and Willian and players like that. But Neymar has pretty much been just a PB player recently anyway.

Yeah they just stood out but as i mentioned it goes for alot of players. Will be interesting to see, personally not sure i see a right back being that media friendly regardless of the name but it will benefit him a little i guess.

• @Coriolanus
    Still boggles the mind that they have took so long to get MM in place. The damage has been done at this point so its almost better for me if MM dont show up for a while longer, lets me steal even more shares as cheaply as possible.