Is Selling at a reasonable price impossible?

• Hey guys, I joined about a month ago and have made some mistakes in purchases now i know a bit more i am looking to reshuffle my Portfolio, I am looking to sell a number of players who are in profit but the IS is so so low and the sell bids are only 1p below, do you know when and if this will change?

• @Dragon4Life don't know when FI are meant to take the handbrake off on the sell orders im afraid. Keep an eye on the IS price, especially the top bid if you are willing to sell in small numbers as this can jump around alot. Other than that you may need to wait for a player to be in demand I'm afraid.

• @Dragon4Life said in Is Selling at a reasonable price impossible?:

Hey guys, I joined about a month ago and have made some mistakes in purchases now i know a bit more i am looking to reshuffle my Portfolio, I am looking to sell a number of players who are in profit but the IS is so so low and the sell bids are only 1p below, do you know when and if this will change?

It's very difficult to sell 1p below the current buy price but I wouldn't say impossible.

I've had 6 players currently on sale 1p below the price for the past couple of days and two of them have had shares partially matched so far, probably because they were both expected to feature in their match that evening so it's either traders looking to get on them at any price beforehand or naive / inexperienced traders who haven't thought to put a bid in.

It's worth keeping an eye on your sell price as well as if the buy price drops below your sell price, you'll need to adjust. I've had to revise the sell price on most of those players as they've each dropped a penny or two.

• @Dragon4Life Unless you're in a hurry to sell (need the money to withdraw) or they're poor purchases who have no chance of winning dividends, then just wait until they perform in a match and sell on the spike that ensues.

• I've sold quite a few players to market. You have to probably wait for them to have a good day. Probably best set and forget.

Who are they?

• I would ask if you'd list who you have bought and at what price, the ones you think are bad purchases.

I think a lot of newbies think they've been shafted or done bad trades, but I bet half are actually well priced, it's just the market is behaving like a b@stard, and people think their account looks shite.

• Not impossible at all - if you had solid reasons for buying and the player is actually in line to play in a PB/IPD eligible match, then you will have opportunities to sell. It may help to buy more shares to lower your average cost price

• In my admittedly very short experience using FI. I've found you can sell "good" players at reasonable prices but bad players that nobody wants you won't get a good price.
    By good and bad I mean in terms of MB and PB scores

• @Dragon4Life Ill be honest it could be a while bud.

Alot of us are in a similar boat right now, defo more a time to be buying than selling right now.