Red Friday

• @Baydog said in Red Friday:

@Dan-The-Man

The issue isn't that. The issue is you saying that the forum is a much better and less toxic place now others have left,

Is it a surprise that I find it less toxic when people aren't making personal attacks at posters for asking questions about the platform?

Like I said from the outset, you know exactly what you are doing. It is not serving the benefit of the community with crap like that it is serving your own ego and nothing else

Just more petty insults.

Anymore?

• @Dan-The-Man

No, just read what vahalla says above. You have argued with him this week and he is clearly a good guy who is trying to calm the situation not for his own benefit. I have been doing the same but you are determined to have arguments

• @Valhalla said in Red Friday:

You are kinda toxic on the forum at the moment.

Yeah, you're opening post in this thread was to make out like the OP is trying to create panic in order to buy cheap and that his post is total garbage... but I'm the one that's toxic for saying the insults and attacks aren't needed.

It's like you guys can't see your own words.

And then @Baydog shows up to drag old arguments up, make a bunch more personal attacks. Neither of you have made any effort to refute the OP's premise that a crash is on the way.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Red Friday:

@Valhalla said in Red Friday:

Yeah, you're opening post in this thread was to make out like the OP is trying to create panic in order to buy cheap and that his post is total garbage... but I'm the one that's toxic for saying the insults and attacks aren't needed.

And then @Baydog shows up to drag old arguments up, make a bunch more personal attacks. Neither of you have made any effort to refute the OP's premise that a crash is on the way, you're far more concerned with attacking people.

Well I do not feel I am the one trying to drag up old arguments. In fact I have been actively protesting against doing so

@Dan-The-Man said in Red Friday:

And then @Baydog shows up to drag old arguments up, make a bunch more personal attacks. Neither of you have made any effort to refute the OP's premise that a crash is on the way, you're far more concerned with attacking people.

Well I do not feel I am the one trying to drag up old arguments. In fact I have been actively protesting against doing so

Really... so you didn't open todays line of personal attacks with "You said last week" and you haven't made continuous references to previous arguments?

• @Dan-The-Man said in Red Friday:

@Baydog said in Red Friday:

Really... so you didn't open todays line of insults with "You said last week" and you haven't made continuous references to previous arguments?

I think I have made my feelings on the matter very clear. This is not an old argument it is the same one that you have been dragging out for a week

@Baydog said in Red Friday:

Really... so you didn't open todays line of insults with "You said last week" and you haven't made continuous references to previous arguments?

I think I have made my feelings on the matter very clear. This is not an old argument it is the same one that you have been dragging out for a week

Yeah, this time last week I was having an argument with @Valhalla over a pile on that happened yesterday, all because a guy asked a question.

Why did you even come in to the thread? You've made no efforts to engage with the OP or his topic.

• @Dan-The-Man

Because you're going on about cults again. It is ridiculous!

• @Baydog

First of all, I didn't say your echo chamber was a cult, I said there's a Cult of FI, it existed before the echo chamber was created, the echo chamber is simply a hangout for level 2 cultists, those who have proven themselves to the wannabe cult leaders.

Cult:

• Great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work, a usually small group of people characterised by such devotion

• A misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular thing.

7 Signs You're In A Cult

1. Opposing critical thinking The discord was literally founded by members who were sick of seeing critical thinking about FI. Members were initially recruited based on their outlook.

2. Isolating members and penalising them for leaving: This thread's a perfect example of isolating a member, with half a dozen attack posts over a question perceived to be critical of the product. But you can also look at posts like the one below for an organised isolation event.
      Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 13.37.47.png

Here's a check lists made by PHD's on the characteristics associated with cultic groups. It matches in tons of ways.

• Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished: See the OP and the responses I flagged, full of insults, where he was told to leave over a completely rational question. (I'm guessing the chap who IS'ed earlier would have been better off had he done it when the OP posted this thread.)

• The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself: Use the search bar on the discord and look for "Upper Class" to find your leader telling folk it's the upper class forum, and various posts looking down on people who are struggling or simply just new.

• The group has a polarised us-versus-them mentality: Those who question FI or see a crash coming, have been labelled "Negative" by people who deem their own outlook to be "positive". "Negativity" is not allowed, no matter how rational they are being, and it doesn't matter to you if they were right and the so called 'wise and experienced' users were wrong. All that matters is positivity vs negativity.

Cults typically have inner circles and operate in private (sound familiar) and usually when someone tries to leave a cult they are told bad things will happen to them like "You'll regret it and be back here in 3 months having to eat your words ", "You'll make less money if you leave".

I could drag this out with 100 other examples but let's face it, you're going to twist this as if I was talking about FI in general or the passionate community we have, (or the discord group in general) when I'm talking very specifically about a tiny group of people, who think they're in the majority but find themselves constantly having to address different accounts to the point where they have started believing fantasies like "All of these people are just old, bitter users, returning with fake accounts". Or "It's cynical traders who are deliberately creating fear, so that they can clean up on the panic selling". After all, it couldn't possibly just be users who are searching for a community to understand why their ports aren't performing well.

So yeah, I stand by my use of the word cult, there's certainly enough examples to draw comparisons but I'll leave you with this... There's already people in the community, trying to get you to pay them for their thoughts... and you have personally identified yourself as a whale, putting a giant target on your back for exploitation. So, I say, go careful AttackDog. One common thread about cults, is that people who are in them, don't often realise it.

In an ideal world... this would be your response...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpZ8EkK3eWY

• 不不不不不

• Come on guys! It is Sunday today. Let's stop and enjoy United vs Arsenal.

• @Dan-The-Man

Dan, like I said earlier in the thread, you are letting yourself get way too angry about irrelevant past events. If you are this angry about feeling oppressed because someone has disagreed with your opinion then you are out of touch with reality.

I have spent a lot of time in countries that have been decimated by dictators, so I do find your views on cults quite insulting. In Cambodia I saw an entire generation of men had been wiped out by a dictator. A third of the population lost to genocide. I spent time at the killing fields and saw the tree where brainwashed child soldiers killed babies hitting them against the tree in front of the parents to save bullets, before the parents were then killed.

So I am well aware of cults and the real world implications. Your comparison is insulting, ridiculous, deranged and incredibly disrespectful.

I have to look after my physical and mental health to protect my wellbeing, and I would suggest to you mindfulness meditation, It helps the brain sift through the important thoughts and let go of the unimportant ones...

• It's funny how dan condemns the discord group for talking about others that aren't on there and yet feel it's okay for himself to talk about others that no longer frequent this forum, the double standards that this guy lives by are more suited to the 1950s than the 21st century

@Dan-The-Man

Dan, like I said earlier in the thread, you are letting yourself get way too angry about irrelevant past events.

I'm not doing this with you today.

My points in this thread before you showed up were that the personal attacks need to end. That's not me being angry at past events, that's me saying... "Hey guys, stop attacking the community because they ask questions or think the markets going to crash."

Markets crash, if we keep the forum a place where people are welcome to say when they think it's going to happen, we'll all be better informed and better able to make decisions that could save us our money.

If you were serious about keeping the forum friendly, (and I believe you were... I thought how you responded to the guy leaving yesterday was exactly the right tone BTW)... Talk to your community and put it to them that if they stop attacking everyone who says something they perceive to be negative, and they start tackling the topic not the man, there'll be far fewer arguments and a far less toxic atmosphere.

• @Dan-The-Man

I am more than happy to draw a line under the nonsense and move forward

• this thread doesn't need a line drawn Under it. It needs a line drawn right THROUGH it.

and we can all move on, and either sell up or sit it out.

• Seems you were all so so wrong