Happy Friday - And Countdown of selling the port thread.

• So the day has come where I have decided to start listing where possible my port at 2% to cover commission.

A combination of being lazy and unwilling to change my buying methods and learning the platform and moving house in March I have decided to sell up.

I'm also going to use this thread as a diary of what sold on what days and see if there are any patterns to when players sold. It may help other people when deciding on selling strategies when they sell up or need a chunk of cash - it may help with timescales etc.

So with nothing more to do - PORT AT BUY PRICE

30.10.2020 @ 09:16

Value £10,793.42
    All Time P & L £2,163.12 (24.77%)
    Balance £102.70

Currently have 122 players with 11,821 shares.

Have 25 players up for sale at a value of £2,247.88

It's going to take time to go through all the players to list as a) I'm supposed to be working and b) some are showing so much of a loss I'm not selling at the moment as I can't cover the 2%

My short term target is to have £4,000 balance by the end of November as that's what I need to pay the builders in January and I don't want to leave it too late.

Have a cracking day peeps....Happy Friday.

• @Millerman
    Stay in touch bruv...come back ‘all guns’ when house is completed 👍

• Patience with mismanagement/cluelessness can only last so long. I think there will be more doing exactly the same.

I've had market sales trickle in over last few months, so if you can avoid IS I would still just list to market and then refresh the offers weekly. Some performances still do create rises so any decent pb players you might be able to list above current MB price (predict how much of a rush they may get on a performance)

• @Friedeggs said in Happy Friday - And Countdown of selling the port thread.:

@Millerman
    Stay in touch bruv...come back ‘all guns’ when house is completed 👍

Wont be going anywhere, just need the cash and also take a step back for a bit and re-learn the platform without the pressure of watching the value drop all the time.

Its the right thing to do at the moment, and as I say I think a lot of lessons for other people like me will be learnt from watching how a port 'sells' and actually what the value showing turns into when sold (if you get what I mean).

Up the Millers

Down the Pigs, you deserve everything you get this season keeping that mug Monk in a job!

• @Westy Thanks for calling me clueless you whanker :-)

• @Millerman haha wasn't talking about your management of your port...

• @Millerman said in Happy Friday - And Countdown of selling the port thread.:

@Westy Thanks for calling me clueless you whanker :-)

Westy was talking about FI!

• @Londoner I know - I just wanted to call him a whanker thats all. Its been a while since there has been some abuse and I thought i'd start it off at level 1 rather than dropping the level 10 'c' bomb.

Happy Friday mate.

@Londoner I know - I just wanted to call him a whanker thats all. Its been a while since there has been some abuse and I thought i'd start it off at level 1 rather than dropping the level 10 'c' bomb.

Happy Friday mate.

As you know, you can't use the "c" word because that is a trademark for you know who!

• @Millerman Good luck mate. When are the invites being sent out for the house party?

• @Erased-Citizen March is due date for moving as long as we don't hit another COVID full lockdown mate.

Then if your in the Barnsley area then your more than welcome...as is anyone - im not worried if you try to smash the place up - im hard as fuck and will just do you......

I'm thinking also of possible England match meet ups in the man cave / bar thats being built too.....

@Erased-Citizen March is due date for moving as long as we don't hit another COVID full lockdown mate.

Then if your in the Barnsley area then your more than welcome...as is anyone - im not worried if you try to smash the place up - im hard as fuck and will just do you......

I'm thinking also of possible England match meet ups in the man cave / bar thats being built too.....

Sounds great mate. Well the meeting up in the man cave does, not the fighting bit as if the size of the muscles on your legs are anything to go by, I'm not messing with you haha

Have a good Friday :)

• 30.10.2020 @ 09:16

Value £10,793.42
    All Time P & L £2,163.12 (24.77%)
    Balance £102.70

Have 25 players up for sale at a value of £2,247.88

31.10.2020 @12:11

Value £10,686.80
    All Time P & L £2,113.60 (24.20%)
    Balance £159.80

Have 32 players up for sale at a value of £3,469.56

Didn't expect much yesterday in terms of sales, but another £100 drop in value of port which is pretty much the norm.

Expecting at least 1 or 2 players to sell today hopefully on spikes from in game performances.

• 31.10.2020 @12:11

Value £10,686.80
    All Time P & L £2,113.60 (24.20%)
    Balance £159.80

Have 32 players up for sale at a value of £3,469.56

01.11.2020 @18:43

Value £10,547.97
    All Time P & L £1,998.41 (22.88%)

Currently have 120 players with 11,794 shares,

Have 49 players up for sale at value of £4,342.08

Managed to sell a couple of players on spikes from good performances, Walker and Lees-Melou.

Port still bleeding at a rate of a minimum of £100 a day, be interesting to see what a full week of having players up for sale does.

As I said in the opening post, this is not a moan or groan, this is a sort of diary to share for anyone thinking of putting players up for sale and how long it takes to move them on.

My port has a mixture of International players with the Euros in mind (so not expecting them to move unless they have a blinder for the country) and the rest are really IPD players that have totally gone off the boil.

Also out of interest, my £10 for the draw was put on Greenwood at £6.40, in 2 days he has dropped 26p. If I was to re-invest there is zero chance I would pay for any player at market price and would actually not be in a rush to bid high - I would be bidding as low as possible and just waiting for the prices to drop until someone got fed up and sold (which is basically what is happening to a proportion of the platform at the moment). Something has to break this cycle or it will be a long slow grind to the bottom for all those getting fed up.

Whilst there are many people like me and my mind set - there are many mopping up like crazy and will make a shit load of coin as it will bounce back - when I'm not sure - but the platform has changed forever its up to us to get used to it or feck off.

• 01.11.2020 @18:43

Value £10,547.97
    All Time P & L £1,998.41 (22.88%)
    Balance - Forgot to write it in lol.

02.11.2020 @09:55

Value £10,508.83
    All Time P & L £1,987.86 (22.76%)
    Balance £212.03

Pogba media on 500 shares and IPD goal for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic saw £28.54 of divs come in taking me to £2,128.63 which luckly is keeping my all time p and l head above water.

Not expecting much movement in regards players today - and holding up well at the moment to the usual Sunday / Monday sell off and shuffle of ports ready the next round of gold matches.

• 02.11.2020 @09:55

Value £10,508.83
    All Time P & L £1,987.86 (22.76%)
    Balance £212.03

03.11.2020 @ 09:28

Value £10,447.06
    All Time P & L £1,964.53 (22.50%)
    Balance £50.47 (Withdrawn £200 to see if I get one of those checks as its the first time I have withdrawn and feel filthy).

Currently have 120 players with 11,794 shares.

Didn't expect any sales yesterday and had the added bonus of £25 in Pogs media (seems people still like to write about him) and £13.44 Tielemans divs.

Divs nearly covered port loss, lets hope for some good news today and everyone's ports rocket!

• People might think you're a nut, but I am enjoying this read, it is a great documentation of how long it realistically takes to get out.

Keep it up.

• @UncleBeard said in Happy Friday - And Countdown of selling the port thread.:

People might think you're a nut, but I am enjoying this read, it is a great documentation of how long it realistically takes to get out.

Keep it up.

Really, who's been saying that? Those pesky discord chaps?

• This has been a good read though

• 03.11.2020 @ 09:28

Value £10,447.06
    All Time P & L £1,964.53 (22.50%)
    Balance £50.47 (Withdrawn £200 to see if I get one of those checks as its the first time I have withdrawn and feel filthy).

Currently have 120 players with 11,794 shares.

04.11.2020 @ 09:38

Value £10,388.15
    All Time P & L £1,913.60 (21.91%)
    Balance £58.45 (Withdrawn £200)

Currently have 120 players with 11,792 shares.

Have 49 players up for sale at value of £4,341.00

Managed to sell x 2 Boateng!!! on the back of his player position win. Got £1.36 in divs for him and also £7.20 from TOTM.

Expected an utter shit show from the platform on the back of the announcement. Still bleeding ever so slightly, and am expecting it to drop off the cliff again after this weekend with the International break, so between now and the weekend I have decided that the red sale button will be smacked until I have £4k in my balance then leave the rest to recover - when the platform recovers which I hope will be after the International break - I really can't see how it can drop that much more after this coming weekend and I feel that's when we will see the rock bottom prices.

I expect some type of Market Makers to be used after the International break to whip up a buying storm and hopefully then we will see a change.

To be honest, I would rather the market just kick me straight in the balls and a £5k loss in one day and then allow it to recover, rather than this constant pain of teeny, weeny, drops that ache. That way we know where we are with it all.

As for the future of the product, I think it really is a guessing game at the moment and it seems us as users are at a junction - for as many that are turning left and shouting loud from the 'top up' 'its great' divs are dropping in' lane, there are 1 or 2 really loud voices saying 'its fucked, get out, the pyramid is falling' and shooting off to the right.

And the rest (and I class me in this crew) and wandering around in circles, scratching our heads thinking....'fuck knows' 'ughhh?' 'its gonna be alright innit and edging to the left but just can't stop hearing those voices to the right.

Anyway - Happy Wednesday folks - stay safe - lets see what tonight's football brings.