Platform reaction to bonus payment.

• 27ba7743-801e-44a6-8559-9bdec7e29dd1-image.png

Above is 12:38 - I will try and screenshot it each hour from now, if I don't someone else stick it on eh....lets see what happens whilst people get their cash. You would expect it to grow quite fast as long as people sink it back in.

• 13:28
    1e712746-30e7-45b1-8398-1cc629ed1e6f-image.png

• Going down, not up!

• Sorry late - having a shit and trying to work out the bonus payment formula.

Anyway - two hours in.

59b7f83a-9ad2-4684-a282-96827b68db35-image.png

• I expect quite a bit will get reinvested tomorrow when there is more football.

• To be fair its holding its value and with no football on - it keeps going then it would be around the same £1.4m I know there is the night time hours - but we had them yesterday - the interesting hours will be the in game football hours of a couple of matches today as apposed to yesterday and all that gold footy that was on.

• Off home -

5c006d4b-b98e-48ca-821f-0133ca0b66e5-image.png

• @Millerman
    Increase in trades and traders but same value. Sounds like people chucking 10 quid in for the cash drop.

• 18:38

e8914209-ba50-4cd2-bf20-40f24ad806e4-image.png

• @Millerman

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 07.56.22.png

07:56

• Well this isn’t good.

• This can't be right surely? After 5 years of building up a user base they only 3800 active users on a given day after a big promo and then a cash drop? I thought we had 50,000 active users?

• It's a pay day wknd, I thought the figures would atleast double, will be interesting to see the figures come lunch time.

• @Tom7471 said in Platform reaction to bonus payment.:

This can't be right surely? After 5 years of building up a user base they only 3800 active users on a given day after a big promo and then a cash drop? I thought we had 50,000 active users?

I wouldn't get too worried about that number.

User patterns will differ greatly. I'm an incredibly active user but my last trade was technically on the 29th, so I wouldn't be picked up in those figures. I'd imagine that there are a small portion of traders who live on the platform, some who buy their port and check it once per week and others who check in once per month.

FI's own tools are incredibly poor too, which is limiting existing traders from making moves. The graphs are configured for BUY PRICE but the Sell Price is where the movement is and those who don't know how to track that, are probably feeling frozen. Hopefully FI update their graphs to track IS too.

I strongly suspect that FI would not have shared the Active User data with us, if they didn't think it was about to rise significantly.

• @Tom7471 and extensive advertising

• @OneBigHoliday has anyone seen the tv ad recently? I dont watch any live TV (except footy- but i go to the fridge or the bog in advert times). Wondering if TV ads miss a lot of target audience as doubt many watch live tv or sit through the ads. Does it still imply you can cash out at anytime???

• @Westy I haven’t got a tv so don’t know mate, there was plenty of large posters on the underground in London in August.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Platform reaction to bonus payment.:

@Tom7471 said in Platform reaction to bonus payment.:

This can't be right surely? After 5 years of building up a user base they only 3800 active users on a given day after a big promo and then a cash drop? I thought we had 50,000 active users?

I wouldn't get too worried about that number.

User patterns will differ greatly. I'm an incredibly active user but my last trade was technically on the 29th, so I wouldn't be picked up in those figures. I'd imagine that there are a small portion of traders who live on the platform, some who buy their port and check it once per week and others who check in once per month.

FI's own tools are incredibly poor too, which is limiting existing traders from making moves. The graphs are configured for BUY PRICE but the Sell Price is where the movement is and those who don't know how to track that, are probably feeling frozen. Hopefully FI update their graphs to track IS too.

I strongly suspect that FI would not have shared the Active User data with us, if they didn't think it was about to rise significantly.

Someone posted a website where you could track all kinds of stats (sell price included) - the graphs looked like financial style ones.

Does anyone know what it was? (think you had to signup to get access to the graphs/data)

• @Westy said in Platform reaction to bonus payment.:

@OneBigHoliday has anyone seen the tv ad recently? I dont watch any live TV (except footy- but i go to the fridge or the bog in advert times). Wondering if TV ads miss a lot of target audience as doubt many watch live tv or sit through the ads. Does it still imply you can cash out at anytime???

I don't watch adverts. The other problem for FI is podcasts are probably eating into TalkSport coverage. I signed up after hearing about it on TalkSport but tend to listen to pods now instead of the radio.

They got a lot of new users from word of mouth via twitter and so on. The poor sentiment is the real problem as that isn't happening now. The screen shots of green numbers are replaced with the negative stuff.

• @Westy Yes mate, the last one I saw was a simple click of the button and you cahs out so to speak.

Which is true, you can most of the time. Odd occasion where ther is no offers on.