What would you do?

• 5561D59E-9CEC-4564-A448-E3B633E3F6BA.png

So this is my port. £3k invested and was about £900 up before the changes. After months of adamantly deciding I wasn’t putting anymore cash in I folded and put in £50 and spent it on reducing some of my spreads. Is this the only way out or would you hang tight? Sensible advice appreciated, thanks

• @El-PIbe-10 said in What would you do?:

So this is my port. £3k invested and was about £900 up before the changes. After months of adamantly deciding I wasn’t putting anymore cash in I folded and put in £50 and spent it on reducing some of my spreads. Is this the only way out or would you hang tight? Sensible advice appreciated, thanks

Do you want out or do you want to stay?

• I'd like to know the thought process in to why you bought them players?

• @Dan-The-Man happy to stay, enjoy (ed) the platform

• @CLACKETT my theory was always to go for Capp app. Like I said, was about £900up in just over a year based purely on that system. Better than a bank! Bottom line is I am stuck with them now and trying to figure out the best way forward

• @El-PIbe-10 said in What would you do?:

@Dan-The-Man happy to stay, enjoy (ed) the platform

OK well look...

I think you have a very interesting port. A lot of young guys, playing in PB leagues, at what could turn out to be very cheap prices... if they grow up to be stars you think they will. Some of them are getting goals already. I'd wager that many of them are unknown to the masses on here, and you could be well ahead of the game....

That said...

I've looked at the graph for many of your players and can see that they've been mostly flat which has to be quite boring for you. It's not easy to be patient when you aren't seeing the results and there are plenty of youngsters who never amount to anything so it's not a given that your guys will... but they are playing at least.

DENNIS GEIGER has some volatility, so one thing you could do, is pay close attention to his instant sell price (by actually clicking on Instant Sell and seeing what the share prices are going for. If you look at the graph, he's fluctuated between 43p and 57p, over the last month, but that could mean that there has been times where you could sell, 100 shares for 60p, then you could have bought him back for say 40p, each time refreshing your IPD on those shares and effectively picking up a £20 win.

If nothing else, it's a cure for the boredom.

You could also list say 300 shares at the buy price. You never know, they might clear one day because of an impatient buyer, and then you'll be able to pick him up on bid at cheaper prices.

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 08.44.42.png

Your other players all look pretty flat though there appears to be interest in Armabat around game time. His instant sell is rising 10-15%% around game time and if you click in to the IS it could be even higher than that to shift 100 shares. So maybe try the same technique but I think if he gets an assist or a goal you might see a rise, so I'd get some offers on him, then be ready to buy him back.

We're super early in to the season and they are getting game time. You could cash out on them to get yourself moving again but say you instant sold 10% of each, do you have a target in mind for where you'd put that money? Because if not, you're taking it out for the sake of it.

• @Dan-The-Man Really interesting. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have been trying to sell high and buy low. Managed to do it with Kouame for 100 shares. I may just keep trying that method over the next few months and top up at low prices if and when I can. I think when I have a cash balance I may have to change methods and go for more pb based players. Think the Way the market is now a lot of sub £1 players need a rule change to get the market flowing again

• Both Amrabat and Kouame are at Fiorentina who have been struggling a bit the last few seasons. There’s a good chance of a change of management coming soon with Sarri being heavily linked. This could provide both an upturn in Fiorentina’s form and your player prices.
    What I’m saying is, circumstances change very quickly in football and you can profit in some of these by preempting the change before most other traders.
    Also Dans advice here is solid

• I agree with the comments above and things can change very quickly. A lot of people have bought for CA and are in the same boat. I don’t know specifically about your players so my advice is purely on the numbers.

I can see that Kouame is showing as a profit so I would try to sell at a small profit and hold the balance until after the international break and buy some PB players.

The rest you are going to need to sit tight.

• @El-PIbe-10

I have Geiger and Kouame from that list, and I think both have a reasonable chance at progressing this season. Geiger seems to be first XI and he is also getting a reasonable share of set pieces, had links to some decent teams in the past. He did win me PB over a year ago but missed much of last season through injuries I believe. If I were you I'd try to trim back your holding in him if the opportunity arises (if he scores people will buy for IPDs) and diversify your port into some other PB players.

Kouame I was expecting to kick on this season at a new club following a bad injury. He has not nailed down a first team spot as of yet, which is quite surprising considering Chiesa departed.. Again if the opportunity arises try and trim back the holds and diversify into other PB players.

I have been stung on a large portion of my port that I purchased for capital appreciation. These kind of players are now viewed as speculative by the market, and their values are not being sustained unless they are producing consistent PB scores. All it will take in some cases is a PB win and the price will solidify as it is being backed up by a yield. If they have not caught the attention of the market with a big score or two then they will largely be ignored in the current climate.

As you players are at the cheaper end you should still be able to trade them if they register IPDs, so it may be a case of patiently waiting for them to register so you can get a reasonable exit point

• I hold Vinagre and theres no way I am selling at current price...especially when he has Champions League football with Olympiakos and is still very young.

• @Dan-The-Man said in What would you do?:

If you look at the graph, he's fluctuated between 43p and 57p, over the last month, but that could mean that there has been times where you could sell, 100 shares for 60p, then you could have bought him back for say 40p, each time refreshing your IPD on those shares and effectively picking up a £20 win

Agree with this approach, but alternatively the OP could sell some at 60p and buy someone else with a low bid. That would have the same effect but increase diversity and possibly add more interest by having more players to follow.

It is nice to sell and buy back the same player to bring the average cost down, but making a small loss on one player to raise funds to make a profit on another is equally beneficial.