The much awaited update,

• http://trade.footballindex.co.uk/productupdate-20201103/

Thoughts?

Commission on bids returning is a bit of a shitter.

• No timescale on offers depth is a bit shit too.

• @Richio encourages market buying at the offer prices though, this would be a good thing i think.

• Underwhelming is and understatement, absolute rubbish ,I am sorry I tried to keep positive or at least don't be over the top ,but the valuation thing is treating people like idiots the price that a player has been trading at for the past 90 days is utterly irrelevant, as if a player went from 10 to 5 means that there is a change of circumstances, also no dates no details I think the time has come I hope that people react positively and I sell up ,don't shoot me for saying it but now I want out enough is enough ! If you feel the need to be sarcastic go ahead couldn't care less !
    I am tired of forever waiting at the end of the day if the product improve can always come back o the other end if it goes to shit there is no way out .

• Hate the 2% on bids could potentially make spreads wider causing more panic. Also been using the bids to flip players to make them IPD eligible, which will now be harder too do

• @Cookiec

That isnt going to encourage market buys.. its 2%.

I thiught they would not do that... the only people benefotting with this is FI.

Again another change which is against most average traders!

Im in here for the long run .. but these changes wont return the market back to where it was. Just look at the market no reaction . .

• @Pez that’s the main shitter. I’ve been managing to flip, but that will be much harder again. Almost pointless to try it.

• @Pez

Absolutely totally agree. Shite move

• Edit: Oops... got my maths wrong :P

...It also provides them with a chance to make some money! The way I see it, they make 2% from trades and issuing new shares - but nobody is using Buy Nows (hence the promotion). When you see the dividends that they are paying out, they are making a loss.

I'm looking forward to the visibility too and the analytics side, although I have put a lot of effort into gathering my own stats!

• @Falcon it absolutely encourages market buys on players with already tight spreads. And once the 'handbreak' on the sell offers (1p below market price cap) is off then every player should theoretically have a tight spread

• @Mere-Mortal there’s absolutely no way they’re making a loss. They’re raking it in already. 2% on every sale vs 2/4p payouts for a for IPDs for a small minority and PB payouts for five of thousands of players every day. They said themselves they’ve never been as flush. There are several hundred thousand trades happening every day, commission for which doesn’t come anywhere near being eaten by dividends.

• @Mere-Mortal said in The much awaited update,:

I think the 2% commission on bids is long overdue. It essentially means that you have to bid 2% higher in order to make it worthwhile. That will close the spreads and contribute towards towards resolving this situation.

It also provides them with a chance to make some money! The way I see it, they make 2% from trades and issuing new shares - but nobody is using Buy Nows (hence the promotion). When you see the dividends that they are paying out, they are making a loss.

I'm looking forward to the visibility too and the analytics side, although I have put a lot of effort into gathering my own stats!

???

Surely you have to bid 2% lower to cover the cost of the commission. Increasing the spreads.

• @SDOAFIT my thoughts too. 🙈

• @SDOAFIT yep. Spreads will be bigger.

• @Tony23 said in The much awaited update,:

@SDOAFIT my thoughts too. 🙈

think he must have a had a brain fart there. All things being equal the spreads will be what they were before plus an extra 2%

It might mean you have a better chance of getting sales done without IS. Possibly.

Suspect we will just see people bidding lower though.

This is a bad update. I defend FI but they are annoying me now. 4% commission on a buy/sell is too high.

• @SDOAFIT we all know what’s coming. When the hand break is released the market will bin again, and this just encourages that process.

• This post is deleted!

• The whole thing Stinks of desperation to me.
    Enuf said

• Just a thought, but the rebate doesn't say it's on net buys, so you should still be eligible for it when flipping/refreshing shares as the sales wont be taken into account, just what you actually spend on buys

• @Ddr said in The much awaited update,:

Just a thought, but the rebate doesn't say it's on net buys, so you should still be eligible for it when flipping/refreshing shares as the sales wont be taken into account, just what you actually spend on buys

It's only for a month though as a promo.

The extra 2pc charge is permanent.