IPO Preview - Friday 10th May - Mixed bag

• Today's IPO's were so bad I honestly CBA'd to write a preview. However tomorrow's are far more interesting when you look under the bonnet!

For those who attended the Manchester Trader Meeting you'll remember Gary Pallister waxing lyrical over Adama Traore - "he does things I've never seen anyone else do on a pitch" big praise indeed and this year he looks like he's finally maturing. In my opinion I think he's incredibly talented and has such explosive speed going past numerous players like they weren't there; I often scratched my head how his managers couldn't get the best out of him. I read somewhere today that Villa could be inline for a 5m payout if Chelsea pay 30m for him. So I suspect he's EPL bound whether that be with Boro via the playoff's or via a big Xfer. So at 60p I really think this boy will fly tomorrow and I think he'll double in price at least.

From the rest I've picked out a few that I think are definitely worth a punt considering their very low prices.

Jefferson Farfan, seems like he's been around a very long time, he's Peru's star man but given his age I wouldn't expect him to fetch a massive price however he's just won the Russian League with Lokomotiv and I am 99% sure they're automatically in the CL group stage, so unlike some of the Aussie's, you're looking at a minimum of 9 games where he could well deliver decent ROI on his tiny IPO of 30p.

There's a few from RB Salzburg's EL Semi Finalists. For those interested in Xfer Spec Xaver Schlager has a decent rep but his stats on Whoscored for an attacking player are woeful and there's no WC for Austria. On the other hand there's 22yr old Hwang Hee-Chan, WC bound with South Korea, decent transfer links and rumours that Son wants his mate at Spurs. I haven't checked but I should imagine Salzburg have qualified for Europe again next year so this guy could well be a decent buy at 40p, especially when benchmarked to Kwang-Choon at Dijon who's risen to 67p (we all know signing the best of the Oriental players generates huge money in the far east too so a big xfer is probably likely)

Fabio Coentrao, what a player this guy has been, didn't quite work out at Real like it should have done but he's settled at Lisbon now who should be in Europe next season. I'm unsure how his starting place in the Portuguese 1st XI is looking but Guerreiro's never ending injury will enhance his chances. I don't think he's that prolific but he is a big name, I don't think he'll go unpurchased but shouldn't fly either.

Sticking to old warhorses, Ricardo Quaresma is one of the footballing worlds great mysteries, capable of the sublime but consistency his nemesis. He could either light up the World Cup or equally be oblivious throughout. He's at Besiktas with Pepe and you could argue that the same points above that they have the WC and Europe next year but I think there's far better options in the Portuguese ranks (IF they make the squad) so don't think they're worth buying myself.

Ciman might make the WC squad with Belgium but I don't think he'll get much game time and won't be scoring any points next season.

This is where I now contradict myself with Renato Augusto, yes he's old and yes he plays in China... however he is whether you like it or not a goalscoring pivotal permanent fixture in Brazil's first XI. I read a nice article on Samba Foot that RA is not Brazil's best player but he is probably their most indispensable. So, considering Brazil could well win the WC can you ignore a player who I'm sure will score high PB, knows where the net is and likely to play every minute for 40p. I think he is a very good short term bet (could get a xfer to the PL with a decent showing but that's just clutching at straws).

Finally Limbombe, a promising Belgian youngster, recent report of a 13m battle between Soton and Huddersfield for him. If he stays at Bruges I suspect he'll have the safety net of European football next season so at 30p could well be a decent long term bet.

So to summarise, Jefferson Farfan, Hwang Hee-Chan, Adama, Renato Augusto and Anthony Limbombe all represent good value tomorrow in my opinion.

It's going to be an interesting day!

• Was so confused as thought I had seen Adama on the market before. Sure enough there is an Adama Traore who plays for Monaco at around £1.10. When you click into his bio it says he's a Middlesbrough player as well, so even the FI guys are confused lol

• @Agatello Xaver Schlager is definitely worth a buy IMO. Barça-Scout Josep Moratalla showed interest in him and watched his games. And you should not forget he is only 20 years old. I think he will move this summer to a top league. But if not, he will play at least Champions League.

• @Agatello wot time do the ipo come out

• @NewUser139783 go to index blog that will tell you

• @NewUser38991 said in IPO Preview - Friday 10th May - Mixed bag:

@Agatello Xaver Schlager is definitely worth a buy IMO. Barça-Scout Josep Moratalla showed interest in him and watched his games. And you should not forget he is only 20 years old. I think he will move this summer to a top league. But if not, he will play at least Champions League.

I've seen the interest in him but his stats look terrible for an attacker (1 goal and 0 assists in 45 games - although due to sub appearances that only equates to 883 mins/10 full games). However you are right that Xfer Speculation and the CL participation means he "could" well be worth a shout especially if the speculation involves the big hitters rather than the Huddersfield's of this world (sorry Udders!)

• @NewUser139783 said in IPO Preview - Friday 10th May - Mixed bag:

@Agatello wot time do the ipo come out

As @Mazza-magic says the Blog has that info, they start at 10 and finish at 5 in 2 hour intervals (3 lots) with a lunch break between 2 and 3 :-)

• @Safri15 said in IPO Preview - Friday 10th May - Mixed bag:

Was so confused as thought I had seen Adama on the market before. Sure enough there is an Adama Traore who plays for Monaco at around £1.10. When you click into his bio it says he's a Middlesbrough player as well, so even the FI guys are confused lol

Doh! It used to say Monaco, why on earth have they changed that!

• @Agatello he is not an attacker. He plays in the midfield.

• @NewUser38991 said in IPO Preview - Friday 10th May - Mixed bag:

@Agatello he is not an attacker. He plays in the midfield.

Are you talking about Schlager mate? If so I did see attacking midfielder so I was hoping to see goals and assists which weren't there. :-) Admittedly the sample size wasn't great and he is still young, I've just done my twitter table version of the preview and have increased his rating off the back of our chat so it's all good :-)

• How does IPO work... do they just suddenly appear in the squad?

• @NewUser104652

Yes, they will suddenly appear in the squad at probably double the original IPO price.

• @ocs123 Cheers, good buddy

• @Agatello I've questioned this on the IPO blog.

• @NewUser116861 said in IPO Preview - Friday 10th May - Mixed bag:

@Agatello I've questioned this on the IPO blog.

Questioned what buddy? Also a bit of advice for you and others, change your name within your forum settings so that it's easier to know who's posted what. :-)

• Adama Traore is flying but I think this is the 'other' adama traore? Perhaps some confusion here unless the Monaco guy is also a good bet?

• ha, after all that I completely forgot to get on when he released.

• My first lot of IPO's. Absolute carnage. Has anyone got Hwang at 40p or Adama at 60p, or anywhere near for both? I was on as soon as they were released, phone slowed down for a couple of seconds and they were both double their initial price.

• Money on Adama and Hee-Chan going in and out faster than a fiddler's elbow.

Mental.

• @Joev Just taking a watching brief on this one. Would have tried Adama, but had to go to a meeting....

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.