Negativity

• I feel like there is so much negativity surrounding this platform recently, when I am actually really enjoying it, I'm not buying players expecting them to make millions I am buying them so i can immerse myself on matchdays and get excited when my players perform. Dividends are higher than they where 1 year ago yet prices are lower which is silly, if someone was happy to pay £9 for Sancho when his dividends where worth 5p should surely be willing to pay more if the dividends have increased as well.

I love the platform and have faith and really think it will come good.

• Fair enough mate I’m glad your enjoying it... how would you say the index is performing then?

• Obviously there is negativity and someone at one point paying x for a player doesnt mean they were worth x, especially if circumstances change.

If the markets are very volatile, if people are losing money, and if FI move at a snails pace then there will be negativity.

The worse of the current problems are down to FI imo, who tend to always be behind on their promises. And now they introducing buy commission during an IB at a time of market turmoil with a pandemic thrown in. It is frustrating. Now is not the time.

I only joined a few months ago and have enjoyed it a lot whilst earning good money. But there are problems and negativity, in certain respects, is justified.

• Just have to look at the market and you will see players like Mbappe, Sancho, Haaland, Werner, Hakimi, Dybala, Saka... with no sell price.

I'm afraid that does not inspire much confidence or positivity. Makes you wonder where this is all going at the very least

• @Dav Obviously player prices are decreasing, but that was bound to happen during a transition period, I feel dividend yields are stronger than ever and at the end of the day that's what the index is about, I feel like a lot of people expect to put £50 in a player and expect them to double in price without reason.

• @NewUser674005 said in Negativity:

@Dav Obviously player prices are decreasing, but that was bound to happen during a transition period, I feel dividend yields are stronger than ever and at the end of the day that's what the index is about, I feel like a lot of people expect to put £50 in a player and expect them to double in price without reason.

Na people are not putting any money in because they have 2 brain cells

• @Timmy who has been your best investment so far out of curiosity? and i guess so, I just think if the negativity went away it would actually help the market recover quicker.

• It’s a shit show

• @NewUser674005 the obvious ones (Kimmich) have returned consistently. Gomez was very profitable for me but I have a far smaller holding in him now, on account of Ilicic's return. Pasalic did well for me too and Andy Robertson has a healthy return. Maguire too from media. Then some sub £1 players who have returned ipd and pb.

• @Dav Why are you here then? On the football index forum?

• @NewUser674005 people would buy because of FOMO

• @NewUser395078

Waiting for Bruno an sancho to hit 50p-£1

• @Dav Well you're an idiot then :)

• @Skinny How much have those players earned in Div over the last couple of months? That is why no one currently wants them at that price

• FYI the market is still stronger than when I reinvested in mid August. I couldn’t believe I was picking up Portu and Bounou at 35p, Berardi at 1.50 etc. I hold Kimmich at 5.70, Mendy at 52p as egs. Prices will bounce around within this price range because of the economic climate and sentiment, but once it hits anything approaching those numbers it would be genuinely insane for many people not to reinvest given the returns.

• @NewUser395078

Wow your hard... wait this is fun, your a bigger idiot

• @Dav *you're

• @NewUser395078 said in Negativity:

@Dav *you're

Narcissism at its finest.

• If you believe in your players, keep hold of them, take the opportunity to reduce the share price and reinvest dividends. Enjoying the market at the moment, when order books are fully implemented and the product is regulated prices will reflect performance again.
    As @Timmy eluded to, if there was no pandemic this wouldn't be so bad.

• @NewUser674005 I’m sorry but I just don’t think it should as simple as saying players losing value was bound to happen. Spent time and money researching players in the old format. Yes some wouldn’t have gone how it was to be expected but it’s bollocks how it’s gone