Why Will It Change?

• The market volatility seems to be a huge problem.

I've been on FI for 2 months and there's been 2 crashes since then. The state of the market now is a mess, with lots of players without even a sell price.

Of course in normal times this is a good chance to buy....but not when the mechanisms of the market seem to be failing. There's no point buying at any price if you wont be able to sell when you want, having money left in players.

SO.... Why will the market recover, and prosper again.

Actually reasons not "I believe in the market". What will actually change this reoccuring situation ?

• I think they have to change the dynamic. There's such low confidence in terms of buying that those that do can offer just 75-80% of the price for most players and sellers have no choice but to hold or take it.

There's a game of leapfrog going on at the buy price -1p as people hope that someone clicks buy now... but it's so unlikely. Before you know it, your 1p below is now 5p too high and you have to jump below again.

So, we're left in a market where the only people that are buying are those that believe they're getting a bargain at a 20%+ discount, but things won't be going up until the dynamics change.

I think the best immediate thing they can do is to stop people putting in silly offers until their new update is ready. Allow offers at a maximum of 5-10% of the buy price. This will vastly reduce the spreads and making buying at normal prices viable again and perhaps we will see some confidence return.

Keeping it as it is will be a disaster. I think they have plenty of funds left in the bank, but if they ever reduce the dividends...

• @Mere-Mortal I like that idea, similar to the 1p limit the put on after Brown Sunday but applying it also to the bidding side. Maybe not as extreme as 1p. I guess that would be FI just artificially creating small spreads. It's not a long term fix but if the product is half finished like it seems, then a short term fix isn't a bad idea.

• Of course in normal times this is a good chance to buy....but not when the mechanisms of the market seem to be failing. There's no point buying at any price if you wont be able to sell when you want, having money left in players.

You CAN sell whenever you want...however it may not be the price you want. A good purchase will hit your sell target price within the 3 year period.

Educational content mentioned in the update yesterday will hopefully help all users to understand the end product that will be delivered.

Regulation by the FCA (IF it happens) will also build confidence in the product, they don't just throw that about lightly.

Unfortunately the crash that is happening now is happening slowly as a result of the -1p restriction imposed. When a more robust market that can't be manipulated so easily is delivered (as promised), a middle ground for pricing will be found faster - thus inspiring growth faster.

• @Mere-Mortal I don't have a solution but if there are a lot of players with no bids at the current spreads, I don't see a people getting involved if the minimum buy price was even higher. FI have tried smaller spreads before and once the market makers are not interested FI seem to start selectively increasing the bid zone player by player anyway.

• @NewUser84362 the changes to the market haven't been implemented yet, we're going back into lockdown and in the run up to Xmas people always take a bit of cash out to get the kids an iPad. It'll pick back up once those variables change.

Right now, there are so many opportunities at the lower end of the market, I picked up 500 Pizzi for 18p last month who's returned over 100% in divs in one night last week (14p top mid 14p star man and 2p IPDs). A friend of mine picked up Max Kruse the other day for 26p and he returned 22p last night alone.

I've just picked up 300 Ashley Young for 15p, he's bound to return that in dividends this season. When the top end drops the bottom end gives a reason for everyone to smile.

There's money to be made.

• @Lukeroro good point about the bottom end now looking like a safer more profitable option. Just about finding those cheap players who consistently play. Hoping to pick up some tips in this area and potentially go on a little shopping trip over the international break before the busy schedule.

• @Lukeroro said in Why Will It Change?:

@NewUser84362 the changes to the market haven't been implemented yet, we're going back into lockdown and in the run up to Xmas people always take a bit of cash out to get the kids an iPad. It'll pick back up once those variables change.

Right now, there are so many opportunities at the lower end of the market, I picked up 500 Pizzi for 18p last month who's returned over 100% in divs in one night last week (14p top mid 14p star man and 2p IPDs). A friend of mine picked up Max Kruse the other day for 26p and he returned 22p last night alone.

I've just picked up 300 Ashley Young for 15p, he's bound to return that in dividends this season. When the top end drops the bottom end gives a reason for everyone to smile.

There's money to be made.

This. Look at the potential return on any individual purchase. Stop worrying about the market yoyoing. The lower it goes the more insane bargains there are, the higher it goes if you want to get out it’s great but there’s less of a return. It can’t go down forever,

• So FI has basically become a dividends return search?

Because you need to forget capital appreciation now it's impossible to sell without IS.

Also why will the changes that are going to be implemented change anything? Soon there will be a commission to buy....that wont attract people.

• @NewUser84362 is that really a huge problem? There will still be periods of cap app, as there was between August and mid-October, so if that’s your bag trade in or out then. But dividends are where the money is and it’s them that give a player a value at all.

• @NewUser84362 said in Why Will It Change?:

So FI has basically become a dividends return search?

Because you need to forget capital appreciation now it's impossible to sell without IS.

Also why will the changes that are going to be implemented change anything? Soon there will be a commission to buy....that wont attract people.

I dont understand the changes at all. I didn't understand Order Books til we began trading with them. But it will offer confidence and stability and then people will invest and prices will rise.

Another friend of mine jumped on Pique a while back for 18p. Top defender tonight at 8p. That's almost 50%. The opportunities are clear.

My current suggestion is Abdou Diallo at PSG as a potential div winner and a long term hold.

• @NewUser84362 When the fear settles and dividend payments hit home.

People will only ignore these payouts for so long before they all want some of them. Thats the main thing that we need to push above all imo.

• You've all given fair answers but basically all just related them to dividends.

People aren't going to deposit 4 figure sums on a platform they wont make any profit on unless their player wins PB or TOTM. Those things are rare.

They also don't address how the platform will stop these constant crashes....Today not 1 player hsis in the green. Thats not even rare either.

• @NewUser84362 buy Messi or kimmich, guaranteed PB and TOTM

• @NewUser84362 the dividends (or possibility of dividends with regards to capital appreciation) is what the Index runs on.

My biggest hold is Viktor Kovalenko. At an ugly loss! But when he moves to a PB league at the end of the season (contract expiring and hopefully a decent performance at the Euros with Ukraine, plus another European run with Shakhtar) his dividend potential significantly rises.

Same for any young prospect. It's the hype or dividend potential.

Right now, due to lack of faith in the product, the Index itself, prices aren't rising. But they will. But in the short to mid term, anyone you look at has to be value for money dividends wise, particularly as Instant Sell isn't a given any more.

Hence why I draw attention to the lower end of the market where, I repeat, players rack up 50%+ dividends in one night.

• Don't you think that's a risk though? Its fairly unlikely that end of the market that players play full games or win PB TOTM etc so if they don't your money is locked in?

• @NewUser84362 Look at tonight's winners and their prices...

Don't you think that's a risk though? Its fairly unlikely that end of the market that players play full games or win PB TOTM etc so if they don't your money is locked in?

That's why you dont just pile into anyone. Bruno Peres, for example, has been racking up ample scores by playing on the right wing and yet is listed as a defender so he has less competition and picks up clean sheet points too.

That's it now, I'm not spoon feeding you any more!!

Edit: I got out of Peres a couple of weeks ago. Bidding again as we speak, regret that decision!

• Bruno Peres - 51 games over 3 games, 3goals 2 assists.

Cheers for the 'spoon feeding' SMH....

Bruno Peres - 51 games over 3 games, 3goals 2 assists.

Cheers for the 'spoon feeding' SMH....

If you base your player assessments purely on those stats above then...............