Don’t put in any money to the index

• While I was lucky that I got out before the massive crashes occurred I really feel for people who have had their all their profits completely wiped out over the last couple of months. For beginners, I would strongly urge that you don’t put in any more money into this platform for the time being. The market has practically zero liquidity and players are virtually impossible to sell. The only way that money can be made is through dividends but with the capital depreciation pretty much every player on this index will experience over the next year I’d question if there is any point at all in buying these dividend friendly players. Even if you think you will manage to recoup the price you paid on the player through dividends is it really worth it considering the risk that is involved with buying players at the moment. People on the forum are saying that they don’t have a clue where the forum will be by this time next year but with no new users joining and the majority of users taking their money out of the index compiled with the complete inadequacy of the FI index team to manage their product, it seems very likely that this index will be dust before long.

• I think it is almost sensible advice to suggest "new users do not put money in at the moment". I can see what you're saying there, I would not advise a single family member or friend to put money in at this point.

But the rest of what you said is pretty much none-sense. There's loads of money to be made on this platform, it's ridiculous. Yes the goals have shifted, but it's still a profitable platform.

Just wait until the international friendlies, but some good PB players, sit back and laugh as the following weeks your players rocket in price, whilst lapping up cash bonuses for star players and team of the month.

Simples.

• Makes me laugh when people come on here saying they’ve got out just in time and warning others to get out or just to slag off the product ..... yea it’s tough at the moment, but we are all hoping we know where this is eventually heading.

If your out then why are you still hear ?

• @Three-lions said in Don’t put in any money to the index:

Makes me laugh when people come on here saying they’ve got out just in time and warning others to get out or just to slag off the product ..... yea it’s tough at the moment, but we are all hoping we know where this is eventually heading.

If your out then why are you still hear ?

It's just people trying to prevent others from losing money.

No different than those who leave reviews on products, trust pilot scores, etc.

• @Dan-The-Man and people are entitled not too agree with what he is saying surely

• @Doddy

Yeah absolutely.

If you think it's a good time to put your money in, say it loud and it by all means give your reasons too.

• If you want to get on a train when its flying and potentially make small gains then wait.
    If you want to be at the bottom and make big gains then invest now.

• @Tom77 this i agree with. if you believe Fi has a viable long term future now is the time to buy in to dividend yielding players. i believe the profits from last year were at an all time high and with FI having zero liability it has freed cash up for them. They are certainly not in a bad shape with all those 2% sell commissions. if anyone is interested listen to tom moyneux's podcast last night. it gives good perspective. i know of many who have taken money out because of short term financial problems but intend to reinvest later. we are in a dark moment but just like those player charts that look bad if you focus on a short term drop when you zoom out the picture isnt that bad. the football index was even advertising jobs yesterday. i feel bad for those who 'need' to sell because they are getting a really raw deal but i am one of those who will be taking advantage of these drops ( 91p for Tielemans yesterday - any possibility he wont pay for himself in 3 years? especially with increasing dividends)

• There is no liquidity and I doubt there will be for a good while. It's very obvious that the market is going to keep sliding down until they sort things out. All I have heard for the last few months is "this is the perfect time to buy, players are too cheap". None of those comments have been correct. There are still loads of overvalued players on the platform and it will still have that downward trend until we reach a fair price for players. Divs have been increased but it's very hard to win divs so for a lot of the index the players won't win any.

• @Tom7471 this is all true, it just requires a change of strategy doesn’t it? PB and IPD divs have never been more important, so focus on those and stay away from players, particularly premiums, who don’t win a decent amount of PB. These have been overpriced for a long time on the index.

• @Richio but there isn't any point buying players like kimmich and neymar when they play great and they drop in value. Absolutely no point. You need to get in cheap on the index and then get cap app and divs. God forbid, kimmich goes out of form because if he does then the price will collapse. Too much risk even for the div earners right now. They need to completely open up the bid zones and let the carnage commence. The only way rather than such a slow painful collapse.

• @Tom7471 yeah, I agree re the bid zones. Just let the market tank quickly. Get back to share price levels as they were three months ago and let the market build again. I wouldn’t buy Kimmich at his current price but fortunately hold at 5.50 from August. There’s no way I’d be putting money into anyone above a couple of quid at the moment.

• @Richio i agree with this. im researching the lower end

• @jonathan-rolfe keepers and the arse end are where the safer money is now.

• 971DE94D-7DCF-4B56-9FCB-E3F6043CECE4.png

• And you call yourself ‘El Maestro’? Maestro of what, unnecessary negativity?

• @Tom7471 Kimmich has returned me over 20% divs in just over a month and a half??? Not sure how that's not worth investing in? I bought cheap but at his price now that would still be over 10%
    He might even pay for himself over 12 months unless he gets injured. That seems to be the best value to me whether he drops in price or not.

• @Tweek what price did you get in at? I wouldn't be getting involved at £7. I bought at £5.50 and sold at £6.50. great player but £7 with the market as it is I wouldn't be getting involved.

• I think unless you 'need' your money out of FI for other things, invest or stick with it for now as there's a good chance the market will bounce back and you'll be quids in (although I suppose that depends on your faith in the platform going forwards).

I've a portfolio of around 6k and i've just done a worst case scenario i.e. IS my entire portfolio today including the 2% sell commision and i'm still coming away with £5.2k. Yes that is shit and that figure will likely go even lower in the coming weeks but the question I ask myself is 'am I willing to lose £800-1,000 on the chance things will turn around?' and the answer for me is yes.

I'd advise other users to do the above with their ports as it gives you some control of the current situation and offers perspective and removes this irrational fear that all of your money has gone or is going to vanish overnight..

Another idea would be to set a loss limit using the above criteria that you'd accept and if it's approaching that, then you can make the decision to leave.

• @Tom7471 said in Don’t put in any money to the index:

@Tweek what price did you get in at? I wouldn't be getting involved at £7. I bought at £5.50 and sold at £6.50. great player but £7 with the market as it is I wouldn't be getting involved.

I bought at 5.30 and topped up at 6.50 yesterday - the only player I've raised my average buy price on for months and months. He's the most consistent performer in his position on the Index, playing for the best team in Europe, and is still only 25. I don't see any other premiums with the same combination of attractive factors.