November TOTM

• @StevieP said in November TOTM:

Apologies if I've missed it elsewhere, but did Cuadrado get paid out as a defender or a midfielder in the end? Or both?

He got paid out as a midfielder.

I've reached out to customer service to try get this sorted. They responded with this.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 13.05.35.png

I've gone back to explain that the reasons he has given ("majority of games" & "timing"), were fully covered by the rules, given that:

• the example listed on their website showed a player who had 3 games as a defender, 1 as a midfielder but was paid out as a midfielder... therefore the change had happened after the majority of games had been played.

and

• that the rules state, players positions are defined at the "Point of Payment", which will always be after every game has played, therefore it's inconsequential how far into the month the change was made.

I'm hoping they'll reconsider.

Surely, it's just black and white to anyone looking at it?

• Yes ,it's Black and white that Cuadrado is a midfielder who plays in a 3-5-2 system and was listed as a midfielder on the FI site for the duration of the TOTM period in question and a the point of payment, Reece - James won the TOTM best defender playing as a defender in a 4-4-2 formation, 💷💷💷.

• @NewUser65276 said in November TOTM:

Yes ,it's Black and white that Cuadrado is a midfielder who plays in a 3-5-2 system and was listed as a midfielder on the FI site for the duration of the TOTM period in question and a the point of payment, Reece - James won the TOTM best defender playing as a defender in a 4-4-2 formation, 💷💷💷.

I'm not sure you can read.

• Yes I read and fully understood the FI T&Cs and signed up to them,have you tried a small claims court?

• @NewUser65276 said in November TOTM:

Yes I read and fully understood the FI T&Cs and signed up to them,have you tried a small claims court?

Try reading them with your eyes open this time. That might help.

• I'm very happy with the decision of FI,thanks.

• B60EC00A-1EDD-4F9C-8969-B8249846D1D7.png

• Do any of you guys have a screen shot or know where I can easily obtain the top ten from each position for previous TOTM please

• @Dan-The-Man Persevere with it. If it contradicts their own terms they will likely, at some point, back down. Perhaps when you tell them you will escalate the issue further.

• @Three-lions Not a screenshot but here's the YouTube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_S7y1lBc1Q

Yes - they released in on YouTube :-D

• @NewUser65276 why does it confuse you so much cuadrado was a defender at point of payment, and therefore should have won top defender @10p a share, so its a terrible decision by football index

• @AT10 thanks for taking the time ... I have this link already ...... it was the top 10 from each position I was attempting to keep a track of.

I’m sure there are far more efficient methods and online info but I really don’t have the time all this takes,

This top ten graphic I have posted, which is currently on the website showing November, is perfectly simple for someone like myself who just wants to keep tabs on usual suspects in the top ten over the months.

• FI really don't help themselves. They clearly stated what they would do in situations like this and they haven't done it, so not sure why people are confused why others are annoyed and are questioning the decision.

Really is poor that they've encountered this scenario and immediately taken the "actually we're not going to do what we said we'd do" approach, its painful to try and understand FI at times.

• @Rocky-Raccoon said in November TOTM:

FI really don't help themselves. They clearly stated what they would do in situations like this and they haven't done it, so not sure why people are confused why others are annoyed and are questioning the decision.

Really is poor that they've encountered this scenario and immediately taken the "actually we're not going to do what we said we'd do" approach, its painful to try and understand FI at times.

I honestly don't understand their logic.

There's so few Cuadrado holders prior to the 21st, it wouldn't cost them an arm and a leg to pay them the 9p per share owed (he was paid 1p for being a mid) and let's face it, the money gets pumped straight back in anyway.

They owe me just shy of £80, so far, there's been a bunch of emails back and forth, it's gone from me contacting the Live Chat guy, to another team member and now it's escalated to the complaints team, they'll have spent £80 in staff wages by the time they've paid me.

• @Dan-The-Man said in November TOTM:

@Rocky-Raccoon said in November TOTM:

FI really don't help themselves. They clearly stated what they would do in situations like this and they haven't done it, so not sure why people are confused why others are annoyed and are questioning the decision.

I honestly don't understand their logic.

There's so few Cuadrado holders prior to the 21st, it wouldn't cost them an arm and a leg to pay them the 9p per share owed (he was paid 1p for being a mid) and let's face it, the money gets pumped straight back in anyway.

They owe me just shy of £80, so far, there's been a bunch of emails back and forth, it's gone from me contacting the Live Chat guy, to another team member and now it's escalated to the complaints team, they'll have spent £80 in staff wages by the time they've paid me.

Exactly. They'll end up issuing the correct payouts eventually but now with the added customer support headache and loads of unnecessary bad feeling for users they've tried to ignore.

Should say I'm not going to receive any TOTM payments as it stands or if there are any corrections, I just find it baffling how they're fucking up something quite simple, and are ignoring their very own previously stated process.

• @Rocky-Raccoon

Their customer service team have even acknowledged that scenario too.

"We appreciated that we had detailed this scenario previously"

It's outright bizarre.

• @Three-lions Apologies, misunderstood. You can find all the final standings inc top 10 on the previous TOTM threads;

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/19285/october-totm/27?_=1606937988160

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/18860/september-totm/42?_=1606937988156

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/18287/august-totm/18?_=1606937002658

Hopefully if I've done it right the links should open straight to final standings.

• @AT10 nice one 👍

Thought that when I joined 6 months ago that FI would be a simple investment with a little fantasy football fun ....... how wrong was I ....... it’s like a fucking second job now

Appreciate your time and help 👊

• They made the right decision on Cuadrado.

• @Mere-Mortal

Explain that to me.

How can it be the right decision, to change the rules at the finish line?