Matchday Matrix Issues

• The Matrix for PB is another thing that needs reforming.

The way points are awarded is leading to players who have had decent to average games taking on those who have had the game of their season.

Tonight for example Yazici scored a hatrick away at the san siro....yet was beat by Zivkovic of PAOK who scored only 2 and assisted 1. How is that fair?

The forwards tonight for another example. Skov of Hoffenheim won PB for 2 assists....and Oyarzabal came second for a goal in a 1-0 home win for Socidad. Above Leon Bailey scoring 2 goals for Levekusen.

Players need rewarding for major impacts in games. The Matrix needs to surely be reflective of that.

• @NewUser84362 so youd rather the matrix rewarded for one instance of a game rather than all of the actions in a game then? Just go and stick a tenner on first goalscorer

• @NewUser84362

As a football person you are absolutely bang on, however, for FI that would be impossible due to the complications involved. In your example of today theres no issue but there could be when we have two or three top performers etc and then it come to opinion. For FI there should be minimum opinion and all based on facts. What they could introduce is kore points for away goals, assists, clean sheets etc. However theyve already said matrix is fixed now. Thats theeast of concerns currently.

• So basically you’re saying you hold Yazici and are pissed off cause he didn’t win PB 👍🏻

• Definatly agree there should be much higher weights for away goals and things which are harder to achieve in game. Maybe extra points for a hatrick etc.

I just think the matrix doesnt reflect the true nature of football. I dont want to see players winning the PB over goalscorers etc because they've made a lot of dribbles and passes.

• I hold Iheanacho...he shouldn’t have been subbed and would have won!

Seriously though I’d rather the index rewards generally play than just goal scorers. Mostly as I hold the GOAT!

Be happy your players were near the top. I too missed out with some nearly including Maddison but it bodes well fir the future.

• @Gregolocky No I don't hold any of the players I mentioned.

Silly comment and mundane comment tbh.

• @NewUser84362 said in Matchday Matrix Issues:

The Matrix for PB is another thing that needs reforming.

The way points are awarded is leading to players who have had decent to average games taking on those who have had the game of their season.

Tonight for example Yazici scored a hatrick away at the san siro....yet was beat by Zivkovic of PAOK who scored only 2 and assisted 1. How is that fair?

The forwards tonight for another example. Skov of Hoffenheim won PB for 2 assists....and Oyarzabal came second for a goal in a 1-0 home win for Socidad. Above Leon Bailey scoring 2 goals for Levekusen.

Players need rewarding for major impacts in games. The Matrix needs to surely be reflective of that.

I had to re-read that to make sure i wasn't going mad, Zivkovic only gets 2 goals and an assist to pip Yazici and he hasn't had a major impact 😅🤦‍♂️. Again Skov contributed 2 assists playing as a LWB and clearly had alot of involvement in the game. The fact he is classified as a FWD is probably more the issue here....... players are rewarded for contributing, GWG can easily make the difference. Maybe 2 goals or hattricks could be rewarded further with added bonus points but matrix isn't too bad all things considered...... Crosses might need looking at but thats for another day.

• Yazici isn't even a regular starter. He scored a hatrick from midfield and still wont win PB. That's nonsense.

Inneacho scored 2 goals and assisted 1, but was comfortably beaten in the rankings by Oyarzabal- who scored 1 goals. Whatever he done in the game doesn't warrant a higher scored than 2 goals and an assist.

• @NewUser84362 oyarzobal didn’t score.

• Also on this, Sociedad absolutely battered AZ for 80 minutes and Oyarzobal was brilliant. He’s at the heart of everything they do and was massively involved, setting up a number of chances. He got a high score because he had a terrific game.

• @NewUser84362 I'm sorry but I don't agree with anything you said. You get the points for goals , assists, gwg , so what more do you want? You could have the penalty taker winning PB by scoring 2 pens going by your ideas. It would also be heavy weighted to just goalscorers . If you are a football man, surely you can understand how the matrix works. Its no coincidence the likes of Kroos, kimmich, grealish, bruno , messi are high scorers. They are the ballers in the team.

• @AndydfopT How can you not agree that there should be more points given for major impacts?

Someone winning PB for 150 sideway passes isn't what football is about.

Yazici isn't even a regular starter. He scored a hatrick from midfield and still wont win PB. That's nonsense.

Inneacho scored 2 goals and assisted 1, but was comfortably beaten in the rankings by Oyarzabal- who scored 1 goals. Whatever he done in the game doesn't warrant a higher scored than 2 goals and an assist.

You do realise Yazici actually won right 😅

• @Richio A great game.... well done but someone scored a hatrick. Do you think Oyarzobals game was better than the hatrick?

There's nothing he could of done to of deserved to win pb over a hatrick hero.

• @NewUser84362 I’m confused here. Yacizi got a higher score than Oyarzobal and one is the midfielder, the other a forward......

@AndydfopT How can you not agree that there should be more points given for major impacts?

Someone winning PB for 150 sideway passes isn't what football is about.

most teams manage 300 passes in an average game. 150 passes would mean that player totally dominated the game.

PB scoring has been and still is VERY clear. If you're buying purely for goals thats called IPD

• @Richio You're correct. Yacizi lost to a PAOK player, and Oyarzobal came above someone who scored 2 goals.

I think its not a fair reflective system.

@Richio You're correct. Yacizi lost to a PAOK player, and Oyarzobal came above someone who scored 2 goals.

I think its not a fair reflective system.

But one that you don't even know how it's collated

hilarious

• Because I didn't what a match winning goal was?

Techincally thats nonsense as well because Chilwell didn't get a match winning goal. There was 2 more goals after Chilwell, and Chelsea won by 3 goals.

Matrix doesn't make sense