IPO ballot

• Does anyone think it would be a good idea to ballot the ipos seems impossible to get in low how about you submit the max you are willing to pay and how many you want then they draw out who get the player at price intervals until all bids are complete. Current situation is a joke I saw people buying adama before he was even available on my screen

• @Cambo so it seems you should buy the “Sunway TaihuLight“ computer :-) lol.

• @NewUser38991
    Or work for FI perhaps. Are there any rules stopping them buying up IPO’d players? They’d know the exact second they were coming on the market after all. CONSPIRACY!!!!

• Their employee's aren't even allowed to trade let alone partake in IPO's.

I've spoken to a couple at a trader meet and it's a downside to what is no doubt an amazing job!

• They could easily tell their friends though. Almost impossible to stop that.

• Everything in life has "insider" implications, I'd rather have a best mate writing Talksport headlines or knowing an Agent who's ITK on the next big Xfer than someone telling me when an IPO is about to launch :-)

• @ocs123

I think that could be considered as similar to insider trading....

• I came out ok but this last few days has been a lesson how people gamble and make expensive mistakes spending a couple of hundred quid on crap players no way is adama worth 150 even though he was the best of the rest I learnt there are better bargains out there with slow progressive profits I mean driussi for 50p nkunku under a quid same as schick, pinamonti , kean all much better players than adama for 150 so for me patients for profit does anyone else agree these ipo's are over priced

• @Mazza-magic said in IPO ballot:

I came out ok but this last few days has been a lesson how people gamble and make expensive mistakes spending a couple of hundred quid on crap players no way is adama worth 150 even though he was the best of the rest I learnt there are better bargains out there with slow progressive profits I mean driussi for 50p nkunku under a quid same as schick, pinamonti , kean all much better players than adama for 150 so for me patients for profit does anyone else agree these ipo's are over priced

Adama was priced at 60p, the market defined his worth at 1.50 and the old saying "anything's only worth what people are prepared to pay for it" is equally applicable here.

I'd agree that the values are all over the place and very thankful that they are. However info the case of Adama; is he linked with a big money move? Yes. Is he still young? Yes. Will he be playing in the prem next year? Probably. Does he score goals? Yes. Does he have the potential to be a media magnet? Possibly due to his X factor.

So given the above 1.50 isn't a terrible price.

I know his PB scores are yet to be seen and we know he likes to dribble a lot which isn't rewarded as it should be so that could be a negative.

Finally don't forget that this is the 1st World Cup during FI's existence and most people love having a shot at the dividends on a daily basis (especially those who see Media Buzz as boring) which would explain the purchase of even the most obscure of Australians etc

• @Agatello well horses for courses I'm more spotting youngsters breaking into bigger clubs first teams me personally and already had big money moves kenedy has more chance of getting pb's I done ok out of him got at 86p sold at 120 same as golovin got at 107 flipped at 146 before he went to 158 it took a month to get a profit im keeping pavon and martins I got cheap and brought into some other bargains I think could get a nice profit on in a couple of months

• @Mazza-magic Sounds good buddy, there's lots to be made for the Astute Trader in the lower echelons. I'm with ya on Golovin, think there's more left in the tank for him too unless he has a shocking world cup of course.

I think Kenedy is a great player but haven't looked into him for trading purposes. Pavon and Martins are also interesting to be fair - so much choice and not enough money hey :-)

• @Agatello I'd rather buy into harry Wilson than all of them yesterday I'm gunna have a motto on here PATIENTS FOR PROFIT or PFP

• @Mazza-magic said in IPO ballot:

@Agatello I'd rather buy into harry Wilson than all of them yesterday I'm gunna have a motto on here PATIENTS FOR PROFIT or PFP

I think the NHS already have copyright on that one buddy :-)

• Well adama is 150 I just picked up 200 in Jordi mboula for 71p each a much better player in my opinion who could well move this season