Renato Augusto (the next Salah) LOL

• By my calculations, at 1533 hours, Renato Augusto became available to the masses at 40p IPO.

By 1536 hours, he was 86p ... Bit of a joke this IPO malarky. There must be a fairer way of doing this. Perhaps only 30 futures allowed per IPO (on the day of introduction), Otherwise you just get a handful of traders buying up 1000's of futures in them, trying to make a quick flip.

It's similar to the shambles of trying to get concert tickets on ticketmaster!?

Just add this to my list of gripes that FI really need to start looking at if they want to be considered a serious trading/gambling platform.

• Bit harsh that mate.

I can see some logic to the Renato Augusto surge to be honest (others do baffle me but the art is not knowing who the best player is but who the masses/market flock to).

He's the lynchpin of a side with a great chance of Winning the World Cup. I suspect he'll probably play more than any other outfield player and knows where the net is. Given the low competition from other teams whenever Brazil play, especially in the latter stages when the dividends ramp up and you're looking at huge ROI on his current price of 80p.

The key to this short term bet is when to get off the train!

• @Agatello

Yeah I'm fully aware of who he is, and the fact that he is a starter in the Brazil side, ahead of others who on paper are probably considered better players. The manager rates him, and he fits the formation/strategy.

I bought 30 futures in him at 80p. I bought these as I feel he will start most games and has a great chance of winning PB in a possible world cup winning side.

My issue is, that a large percentage of people who bought him, intend on flipping him straight away, and making money from a flawed system.

Am I right in saying you can do that? If so, there should be a holding period where you cannot sell an IPO (1 week etc), which might put off the aforementioned investors.

I just want a level playing field for all.

40p to 80p in 3 mins doesn't seem fair on everyone.

• @johnboywalker If you want him for the World Cup surely you could just wait until the flippers have done their flipping and the price drops? Or just hold onto him through a bit of red until the WC comes and he rises again? The price doesn't really matter until you want to sell. Or have I missed your point?

• @johnboywalker Agree 100% .I tried to buy a 31p IPO. The first time he appeared on screen for me ,he had already gone up to 61p. !!!
    How do traders buy so many shares before they even appear on the market!!

• @johnboywalker

I bet it was more like a 40p increase in 3 seconds!

There is something dodgy going on with the IPOs, I'm sure of it. I was searching like mad for Limbombe, the screen went green and started flicking (meaning a player is being added), multiple searches latter still no Limbombe. Then suddenly he appears at double his IPO. I'm certain he was in the squad from the moment the screen started to green, but he wouldn't show up on my screen (or phone) until the price was already inflated.

The IPO process is a fiddle at the moment and undermines what is otherwise a reliable platform.

• @ocs123 said in Renato Augusto (the next Salah) LOL:

@johnboywalker

I bet it was more like a 40p increase in 3 seconds!

There is something dodgy going on with the IPOs, I'm sure of it. I was searching like mad for Limbombe, the screen went green and started flicking (meaning a player is being added), multiple searches latter still no Limbombe. Then suddenly he appears at double his IPO. I'm certain he was in the squad from the moment the screen started to green, but he wouldn't show up on my screen (or phone) until the price was already inflated.

The IPO process is a fiddle at the moment and undermines what is otherwise a reliable platform.

• its a joke same with Limbombe, was refreshing like crazy and he came up at 61p.

TBH i don't think they come available at the prices they say at all.

if anybody got any of the players at the price they 'started at' id like to see

• @BL__FI

Yeah, seems you have missed the point.

Fairness, transparency and a level playing field is all I ask.

Who managed to get Augusto at 40p ... Let's hear from ye!!

I bought him for the world cup, I doubt his price will go below 70p, so 80p is still a decent price.

If I could have got him at 60p, I'd be happier ... 50p even happier, 40p delighted ... Can you see my point yet?

• I'd be cautious discussing Renato as a shoe-in for the starting XI this summer. Yes Tite is a massive fan from their days together with Corinthians and he has played in many of Brazils warm up and qualifications, but noises out of Brazil suggest concern over overall fitness (sure, still time to work on that) . Most importantly, Pep and Tite have a very good relationship. Renato Augusto arguably in competition with Fernandinho. If Fernandinho can bring this form into the WC, I'd expect him to start more than Renato. Paulinho and Casemiro won't be dropped.

If Renato is your pick for the WC, then you may as well wait until nearer the time. Tite is very open about his selection and plans- Brazilian media demand it. So we'll have a much clearer picture in a few weeks, at which point the pump and dumpers will have no doubt dropped his value

• @SambaStar

Pump and dumpers, haha nice!!

Thanks for the advice, reckon I'll avoid the IPOs in the future, until the process becomes more transparent and fairer for all.

Just another lesson learned on the Football Index.

• Well folks today I targeted 4 players.
    Farfan bought and sold for a pitiful profit of about 15p in total. Thought I'd simply missed him.
    Target 2 was Hwang, currently listed and if he sells at current price will be a total profit of 40p approx.
    Adama never appeared at all and when he did was 1.40 approx.
    Last target Limbombe down on him by approx 50p in total last I looked.
    These amounts are not per future they are overall total. Only bought small amounts of each player.
    I could not have bought these players any quicker. BY the time they appeared on my screen they were well above the original price.
    Limscombe was a joke as from 3 onwards I was typing his name every second or 2, bang he appears but alas price already doubled.
    As I've said I could not have got to these players quicker, something very fishy going on.
    I was warned by others to avoid the IPO but wanted to experience it first hand. After experiencing I would have to say something is very wrong with the system.
    Somebody somewhere is getting to the player's before the masses and making a killing.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.