How to hold your nerve?

• Ok so im not leaving but... I'm down nearly 30% (I'll get there) and I'm not putting any more money into this horse. Most of my money is in youth so I'm against the prevailing winds. Do I hold my nerve and wait, or take the hit IS and keep a close eye reinvesting when things drop even further. Or, sit tight and perhaps pray.

• @NewUser469373
    i am the same as you but i am not doing anything and will sit it out.

• Is there enough IS bids on them to be able to sell? Short term you might want to sell up then try timing putting it on the pb players when you think they've bottomed out. Long term you might be fine.

• What level of risk would you say you're at?

My site just had a good article about bankroll management (risk management) although the example given is applied for a different platform, its a gambling strategy used widely across many forms, it may well still be a useful read: https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/post/insight-15-bankroll-management

• @NewUser469373 said in How to hold your nerve?:

Ok so im not leaving but... I'm down nearly 30% (I'll get there) and I'm not putting any more money into this horse. Most of my money is in youth so I'm against the prevailing winds. Do I hold my nerve and wait, or take the hit IS and keep a close eye reinvesting when things drop even further. Or, sit tight and perhaps pray.

Sorry to hear that.

I don't like losing money on a player as a matter of pride or principal, but sometimes it is worth selling Player A at a loss in order to buy Player B who might be a better bet.

Basically, you are saying you are 30% down but think/hope that the situation will improve. If you joined today who would you buy? Would you buy the players that you hold at today's prices? If the answer is yes - hold them. If it is no - sell them.

What has happened has happened, your future performance starts today whether you are -30% or +30%. I don't think your future strategy should change based on your starting point.

• @NewUser469373 I’m not sure there is much choice but to hold your nerve at the minute. Many players without IS and massive discounts on those with. I think there’s normally a dip in November and this is exacerbated by poor liquidity for various reasons. Personally I’ve put a bit more cash in to hoover up some excellent div earners on the cheap as I expect a rise off the back of this (and I was one of the ones who sold up on brown Sunday). I could be crazy though... 😝