90% covid-19 vaccine rate - sentiment change?

• Some positive news at least this year!

Do you think this will help on some level the sentiment and feeling of people and their attitudes to the platform knowing that as a company and football as a whole, is heading in the right direction (as did the stock exchange).

Other issues remain but it is perhaps a step in the right direction!

Thoughts?

• @NewUser198535 said in 90% covid-19 vaccine rate - sentiment change?:

Some positive news at least this year!

Do you think this will help on some level the sentiment and feeling of people and their attitudes to the platform knowing that as a company and football as a whole, is heading in the right direction (as did the stock exchange).

Other issues remain but it is perhaps a step in the right direction!

Thoughts?

In a word.....no

• @NewUser198535 it may do down the line, but it’ll be a while. Obviously in general, as the economy improves and people feel more confident about their finances going forward they are more likely to risk money gambling.

• @NewUser198535 not at all tbh. There are/will be financial issues caused by an economic crash worse than any of us have ever seen but a vaccine wont negate those in the near future.

And the problems in our market go much much deeper. Now if there was a vaccine for the FI decision makers....

Good news nonetheless though! I cannot wait to live a normal life again.

• Honestly?
    The damage thats been done because of lockdown aint even began to hit yet so I doubt it.
    Going to get much much worse, we aint seen nothing yet financially wise and however that will translate to the FI market.

• Zero chance to change anyone's investment levels in the platform, apart from the smart arse that will along soon with a deposit screenshot saying fill your boots....in 5....4.....3.....2.....1...

Edited above to the below as I didn't mean smart arse, re-read it and its a wanky thing to write, especially with how shit things are at the moment - sorry to anyone I may have pissed off with the above.

Zero chance to change anyone's investment levels in the platform, apart from someone that will along soon with a deposit screenshot saying fill your boots....in 5....4.....3.....2.....1...

• Under current shambolic circumstances it might even have the opposite effect with more traditional form of investment (I.e. the stock market) becoming palatable again... just today with the combo Biden / Vaccine a 5% rise across the board...

• Just heard on radio that stock market risen 5% off the back of that announcement - atleast if thats true then its something poitive to take rather than listening to all the negative dross

• @Millerman That aimed at me mate?

• @G27
    Could have waited a week.

My monthly vanguard deposit is on the 18th. Oh well

• The issue is this is actually more of an incentive to remove money from the platform.

The traditional stock markets are flying and will continue to do so.

I was holding a balance on here to buy the bottom but in pre market I withdrew the whole balance and put it in my stocks and shares trading account. I can't imagine I am the only one. Now if I buy back in, it will be with a much lower balance.

• @Kanzz said in 90% covid-19 vaccine rate - sentiment change?:

@Millerman That aimed at me mate?

Dunno - have you just deposited and put a screen shot somewhere? If you have then it was purely coincidental - I shouldn't have posted smartarse as when re-read back its a shitty thing to write - I will edit it now.

But no it wasn't at all.

• Are ppl really suggesting having a working vaccine that helps the world get back to normal won’t have a positive impact on FI????? 😏 Sweet Jesus I don’t even know where to start on this one 🤦🏼‍♂️
    Trading is predominantly emotionally driven. What do ppl do when they are fearful for the future? Sell. What do they do when they feel good? Buy. There are whole books written about the psychology of trading. The market used to spike after Tiger Woods Won a tournament for Christ sake! Because Americans felt “good”. Something that has nothing to do with the actual stocks they were buying.
    FI has a lot of improving to do no doubt. They need to make some serious adjustments. But a large part of why we are in this mess is Corona Virus, and the fear it has brought for our financial future. You take away the fear and uncertainty, the looming storm cloud over everyone’s heads, and a large part of why ppl are panic selling will evaporate. It’s not Rocket science ppl. @Ddr i’m surprised at your response. You usually talk sense.

• It does make me laugh how over emotional FI traders are. When times are good, the world is an amazing place, unicorns are jumping: “ I’m an amazing trader, your an amazing trader 🤩 buy buy buy 🚀 🚀🚀🚀🚀Hey! we are all geniuses!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 I love FI!!! ❤️
    And when they aren’t going well: “this is shit. It’s going to dust. It’s game over. I told you so. Nothing can save it. Only way is down!!”
    Now we actually have something that could be positive news, and ppl are so depressed they immediately shoot it down. 😏 As someone once said “football fans are emotional beasts, and make shit traders.”

• @Valhalla dont get me wrong, its positive news and great for our ever day lives and livelihoods.

I just feel that the negative sentiment surrounding the market at this point in time has less to do with covid and more to do with mismanagement by fi

You only need to look at the marketplace today, the potential for the vaccine was announced this morning and caused a slight tightening of spreads, but fis announcement of an announcement caused an amount of market buying (dont want to call it rockets) and I think this is indicative of what I say above, only my view though and I may (in fact I hope) be wrong

• @Ddr I would say that’s because the FI alterations can be instantaneous. Whereas the Covid vaccines are still in trial and are a bit of a slow burner. Not gonna deny FI mismanagement is part of it- it is- but the rushed introduction of order books and matching Engine is because of Corona. Carefully laid plans where most likely thrown out the window when Corona struck. When Corona becomes a thing of the past, and ppl have jobs and money in their pockets- that will only help
    FI. And every aspect of everything day life.

• @Valhalla said in 90% covid-19 vaccine rate - sentiment change?:

@Ddr I would say that’s because the FI alterations can be instantaneous. Whereas the Covid vaccines are still in trial and are a bit of a slow burner. Not gonna deny FI mismanagement is part of it- it is- but the rushed introduction of order books and matching Engine is because of Corona. Carefully laid plans where most likely thrown out the window when Corona struck. When Corona becomes a thing of the past, and ppl have jobs and money in their pockets- that will only help
    FI. And every aspect of everything day life.

True and I acknowledge that the sentiment and covid issues are intertwined, fi alterations will be quicker to implement yes, but gaining traders trust, confidence and sentiment could be a long way off yet, even with positive implementations and a light at the end of the tunnel for covid

But what happens if this vaccine isnt 90% effective, or the mink covid strain becomes out of hand and is resistant to the vaccine?

To my mind, negative sentiment is the biggest issue with the market atm

• @Valhalla thank fuck someone else agrees.....

• @Ddr said in [90% covid-19 vaccine rate - sentiment change?](/post/325366:

But what happens if this vaccine isnt 90% effective, or the mink covid strain becomes out of hand and is resistant to the vaccine?

Maybe one Vaccine, but “big pharma” all over the world are in a mad race to solve the Corona issue. If you believe the Russians, they had a vaccine ages ago. 😏 Someone will nail it eventually.

To my mind, negative sentiment is the biggest issue with the market atm

Negative sentiment has an amazing habit evaporating when ppl start making money again. Your right, they defo have some repairing to do first however. But it’s nothing they can’t figure out.

• @Dan-The-Man I’ve nabbed your technique for referencing and addressing each point 😁👆🏻So much neater. And chuffed I figured out how to do it.