Should ozil just f..k off?

• Only decent shift he's put in in the last few years imo is offering to pay Gun-arsen wages.
    Take a pay cut, go to a club and play....
    Discuss?

• In a perfect world he'd go somewhere, put his talent to use in the few years he has left and take some financial strain off Arsenal. But he doesn't have to and probably won't. Bit like the Rodwell situation, as long as he is training when fit and doing what's asked of him, not sure Arsenal can do anything about it.

Do you hold shares or are you just an Arsenal fan who is pissed off at him?

• Hes got nothing to prove hes having a kick about every day and getting paid a shit load why would he move on?

• @Bluemist he was underappreciated at Madrid, (I remember reading somewhere he and DiMaria were sold for not being marketable, or being fugly I think is the technical term) underappreciated at Arsenal where the fans acknowledge he can be lazy but is their best creative asset and underappreciated in Germany where he's won a World Cup but is more remembered for his Turkish political stance and religious views as a Muslim.

I'd have been on the golf course with Bale years ago!

• They should have paid him off.. though they shouldn’t have put him in those wages in the first place.

• @howsthebacon said in Should ozil just f..k off?:

In a perfect world he'd go somewhere, put his talent to use in the few years he has left and take some financial strain off Arsenal. But he doesn't have to and probably won't. Bit like the Rodwell situation, as long as he is training when fit and doing what's asked of him, not sure Arsenal can do anything about it.

Do you hold shares or are you just an Arsenal fan who is pissed off at him?

Neither, just annoys him posted training on his own like he's done nothing to deserve it (Although he has actually done nothing, to deserve it 😝)

• @OneBigHoliday said in Should ozil just f..k off?:

They should have paid him off.. though they shouldn’t have put him in those wages in the first place.

Agreed sir 👌

• Obviously get rid now, but such a shame as surely in some games soon Arteta will need to move towards 4321 and ozil with elneny and party behind him could have had a chance to prove he's still got it.

Perhaps Ceballos will move to the Amc role

• Amount of charity he gives, i doubt any other player gives. If that was an englosh player media would be all over it.. .

Some might say wellnhe earns 300k a week etc .. other place earn big amounts too. .. just a thought : )

• @Falcon tbf Rashford has been rightly lauded for his efforts but I agree that Ozil's work should be better recognised. It only recently came out that he has been supporting North London charities and buying food for them since April, well under the radar and while under heavy criticism from Arsenal fans for just lazing about. Hopefully he'll be able make a similarly positive impression on the pitch at some point, be it at Arsenal or otherwise

• @Bluemist would you take that sort of paycut I know I wouldn't, Arsenal didn't have a gun to their head when they offered him that deal the same as united paying half Sanchez wage at inter, Jones, rojo, Romero etc. The club either pay him of or he's well within his rights to sit there and collect his wage, shite planning by the club's and there are plenty others

• Players like Ozil are massively underappreciated. Maybe Im just not 2020, but not so long ago football was football, now its just fastball. Get 11 on the pitch and run till you drop. Although there are some top managers with great players who are successful with this kind of football, it just 'isnt for me'. I prefer overall technique over fastball any day. But not the media here, snd not the fans here (maybe influenced by the media too?)

I love watching the football talent that guys like Ozil, Pogba, Berbatov, Bergkamp, Le Tissier etc all have. That not-so-fast but incredibly graceful type.

2020 in the premier league just isnt for guys like Ozil and Pogba, and that's not 100% their fault in my opinion. Hoping they can both leave for pastures new, get back to playing their best football, be appreciated, and not endure this constant hunt from the media to alienate them to the modern fastball fan.

Oh, and as for the pitch, Arteta has Auba hugging the touchline, and no proper creative player in the middle of the park, apart from Ceballos sometimes (very good player, not Ozil though). Arsenal fans, premier league fans, and the media can cuss Ozil all they want, but just look at that current Arsenal team (11th, 2 pts ahead of a near-crisis Man Utd), with a manager who has been lauded from pillar to post with barely any negative media.

• @Leclerc fastball? The game is slow.. it’s Chess for many teams, not all obviously.

• @OneBigHoliday Really? Most premier league games are a big runfest to me, with bits of pure quality. Not so long ago I felt it was the other way round.

Sure not every team plays this way, but it's clear that for any team to be successful here, or in the CL, the tempo needs to be very high.

• @Leclerc I think the game has slowed down a lot, it’s still quicker than on the continent as a rule, I’m not saying it’s slow, but it’s slower imo.

I’d say most teams don’t play percentage football now, Leicester when they won the league played it quick on the break, but watch Arsenal, it’s pedestrian.

City are quick, final 3rd, Liverpool & a few.. but the build up for many sides I feel is quite slow.

• it's a tricky one... If I were Ozil would i too be stubborn? he's basically saying... You don't want me, but i'm still here, it's up to you to get rid of me... Which is an Arsenal and an Agent problem, not an Ozil problem... If i were Ozil though I would probably want to play football somewhere, but it depends on whether he loves the game enough, or instead see's that long contract as the best he can get, so by sitting on it longer he makes the most financially out of his career (which remember is short)?

Let's not forget he's won the ultimate honour in football which is the world cup, so 'proving himself' might not be on his agenda... But if it were me I would really want more..., We are all different however, we all have different motives.

Whether he takes a pay cut or not to go on loan to a lesser league is up to him, after all no-one will touch him on the wages he's on, but I would still like to see a talented player like him play... Whether it be in Turkey or USA i see three more years in a career at most, a last hoorah, but now aged 32 i doubt he's thinking too much along the lines of 'achieving success'... Imagine a three year spell at Galatasaray for example being cut short due to the player simply getting bored, I think America could suit him, much slower and technical it could suit his play?

• @MUFC said in Should ozil just f..k off?:

@Bluemist would you take that sort of paycut I know I wouldn't, Arsenal didn't have a gun to their head when they offered him that deal the same as united paying half Sanchez wage at inter, Jones, rojo, Romero etc. The club either pay him of or he's well within his rights to sit there and collect his wage, shite planning by the club's and there are plenty others

Totally agree with @Dannypea