New article: Dark before dawn?

• New article: https://footballtradinginsights.com/post/insight-16-dark-before-dawn

We have a look at recent developments on #footballindex

Reader beware- Some criticism of FI is involved! But also potential solutions and even a little sign of positivity! Get a sneaky glimpse at whether FI are currently making money- they need to get us trading!

• Lots of interesting ideas and a good read. Thanks.

But I can't help in saying having to read three paragraphs championing Footstock first was a bit odd? I'm sure they have nailed it, and it's great - but I've never looked into it so found it a bit odd as an 'outsider' to be told the comparison was required? I ended up just skipping through.

Anyway

• @GH cheers for reading. Vespasian is very into Footstock, he's always comparing his decisions between both with his football money. Also main point I took from him doing so was the positive message that order books can work well on football products.

• Gave up after reading,

"It becomes clear the management team are genuine clowns" (FI)

Sorry Westy but there is enough negativity in this world without more of this BS.

Hopefully, the rest of the article gets more positive and wish him the best in FS

• @Karl fair enough, yes Vespasian has his own way with words. I may not have called them clowns, but I've seen enough over the years to question their capability. Vesp does go on to point out sensible solutions that you'd hope they are coming up with themselves, fingers crossed!

• @Westy should also come with a warning, very long read.....although some very good points raised and some areas I didnt agree.

Thought it was strange that vesp didnt mention the reverse share split option as it's one of the more sensible and practical ideas recently

• To be fair...

He is on the money with the solutions.

--Allow buy and sell orders at same time
    --Don't take money out the account till bid is matched so you can multi bid
    --Bin bid commission
    --Allow free market

Whatever you think of him, this seems sensible. Ideally you want to try and plug some sentiment in before number 4 but in principle I agree with them all.

Number 2 is so obvious that it's bonkers it wasn't in at that start.

• @Ddr ha yeh, I had to cut out my usual bundle of ads at the bottom! We used to get people saying they were too short!

Think he mainly talks about reverse splits just to counter those asking for another share split.

• Really good read guys

• @Ddr yeh reverse split better than a share split...but not really necessary, lots of change and complexities lately to grasp and there are easier fixes that don't need much time or development.

• @SDOAFIT said in New article: Dark before dawn?:

To be fair...

He is on the money with the solutions.

--Allow buy and sell orders at same time
    > --Don't take money out the account till bid is matched so you can multi bid
    --Bin bid commission
    --Allow free market

Whatever you think of him, this seems sensible. Ideally you want to try and plug some sentiment in before number 4 but in principle I agree with them all.

Number 2 is so obvious that it's bonkers it wasn't in at that start.

The point highlighted in bold i'm not so sure on, whilst many will think it's great, that feature does not want to be involved anywhere near this market at present.

Just think about it for a second, thousands of people "rolling" up bids across the platform and as soon as one persons bids get matched there bids on anything else are null and void. Now imagine that with dozens of users a minute. All of a sudden lots of wild spreads have the potential to emerge with little reason other than money has been spent elsewhere.

It wouldn't be a problem in a strong buoyant market but we are nowhere near that at present.

• @Roon the main issue at the moment is liquidity.

if I want 10 players and can only bid on one...chances are itl take longer for me to match that exact one... than the chances of getting a match if I can bid on all 10 players. and the ultimate goal is to get money moving between traders (liquidity is the volume of transactions) once my money is moved to a seller... they can then place bids. having bids come and go is better than having no bids I think

• @Coriolanus
    Thanks for the need to explain what liquidity is ....

Yeah it would take longer one bid at a time but that's in your interest not in the bigger pictures for now. The easiest way to create liquidity as eluded in the article is to get prices that appeal to the masses.

Too many are fearful of even bidding min price ranges as it could be a couple of pence cheaper tomorrow or the day after etc.
    Scrap the 1p limits, scrap the ranges you can bid and then pay what you think something is worth over a career or dividends plus resale value.

Now doing the above will not go down well with anyone without disposal income or those who have shares under the old system(artificially high) but this needs to happen sooner or later IMO.

• @Roon yeh agree and even though it'd damage me as much as I'm 50:50 cash:portfolio. So for the gains I may make by being able to snap up very cheap buys with my cash, I'd suffer the other end having to flog my undesirables for whatever I get... Overall I'd welcome the chance to sort my port out though, especially if expiry is coming anytime soon!

• @GH said in New article: Dark before dawn?:

I can't help in saying having to read three paragraphs championing Footstock first was a bit odd

it wasn't championing FS, but I appreciate there is more of a Twitter slant to why I put that in... a lot of Twitter people keep defending FIs poor decisions because of Covid. I was making the comparison to show that another very similar company was actually thriving and more productive during Covid ...developing... growing... engaging etc.

FI have made mistakes and we should understand and accept them... not defend and excuse them. They've delivered very little in the last 6 months or so, and what they have delivered and/or communicated has mostly been subpar. Need to do better!

E: maybe you seen this on twitter...but it took someone 30 mins of their free time to knock this up and the community loved it and now CS have responded saying they will take it onboard. 30 mins and its cleaner and more useful than anything they've provided by way of roadmapping the product

ed932c44-d1f0-4333-b0f0-5e0e0dec58e6-image.png

• @Coriolanus I think FI have formally thanked her for doing that.

• Does make me wonder. That is a pretty standard visualisation of a product roadmap - why does it need one of the company's users to flag the concept on Twitter for FI to realise it would improve comms?

• @Rocky-Raccoon

This is the reason why so many traders are critical of FI's senior mgmt; that within a few minutes we as an invested community can propose simple improvements that could reinvigorate the platform. My suggestion to improve liquidity, which is the platform's current biggest problem atm, is a non-market IPD refresh option (which has been put to FI regularly for 12mths+) or a similar result could be achieved by allowing buying/selling to yourself, so no complicated mechanics or IT changes.

Yet after nearly a full year of promising various platform improvements virtually no progress has been delivered & the market is clearly in a far worse place than when they started. Where's the MB review, NASDAQ, full OB's (without the disabling stabilsers), liquidity, MM the list is endless...

Until some positive delivery of the many promised ideas start to materialise no amount of announcements will improve market sentiment & the bleeding will continue. The only reasonable explanation can be that they are out of their depth & unable to deliver on much of the blue sky thinking that AC is so good at, let alone the simple, basic bread & butter stuff that so often fails.

• @Geronimo159387 Yes, that has been a request by a large portion of the FI community. I think it is one they may have taken the time to install, prior to the whole NASDAQ installation.

I don't know how it is being implemented, but I imagine, having committed to it, and having spent so much money to get it rolling, any suggestions now, will presumably be overlooked.

Let's save our formal request for upgrades until we have seen the Friday announcement and spent a few days/weeks figuring out what it is, and how to use it.