Tomorrows Changes At A Glance

• UPDATE: I've seen a fair few posts pop up, confused by the value change we've seen today, so here's a reminder of what comes into effect in the morning.

On Thursday the 19th the market will open at 9am (not 7am) and when it does open...

• Your port value will default to Average Offer Price which is updated hourly

• The Market Depth screen for each player will launch

• Instead of sitting 1 penny below the 'Buy Now' price, the Offers floor will be lowered to 1 penny above the 'Instant Sell' price.

• 2% Commission on Bids

• You'll be able to see the 'Average Offer Price' at a glance

• Vaguely defined Circuit Breakers will kick in, should players be listed low prices??

https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/productupdate-20201113/

• @Dan-The-Man
    Right chaps are we going to game this...

List our players for the max to boost portfolio value. People see green numbers and think oh market turning, quick buy buy

• I'd call it nontent

• @SDOAFIT said in Todays Announcement At A Glance:

@Dan-The-Man
    Right chaps are we going to game this...

List our players for the max to boost portfolio value. People see green numbers and think oh market turning, quick buy buy

Always thought it was funny when people suggested you have something like this as the buy price.

Apparently the index is too simple for newcomers so to challenge them, you need the buy price to not be the cost to buy a future but some random average. Maybe the sell price could be average offer plus average bid multipled by a random number between 0.69 and 1.69. Plus the number of letters in their name.

• @SDOAFIT

So much effort is being put in to letting users lie to themselves about their port value.

• @SDOAFIT 不不不不 let's send an email mail to AC and ask for this ,I think rockets will appear everywhere.... fill your boots incredible value it is a 3 year bet but we will change it every 3 months to keep it exciting

• It's just trash.

Their solution to everyones collapsing ports is to try and trick everyone by using a different, nonsensical metric to display the value.

Bravo.

• @Dan-The-Man Thanks for the helpful summary, not sure how the market or the FI punters will react to this announcement.

• I hope they stop sending me notifications that the market is closed and open every day!

The rest is basically a release date for the changes. We'll see how the market reacts then!

• Just to point it out AC got out of the picture 4 weeks ago check on rocket sport media group Ltd on the government website ...
    They will sell on ...or they already did ?

• @R9inter said in Todays Announcement At A Glance:

Just to point it out AC got out of the picture 4 weeks ago check on rocket sport media group Ltd on the government website ...
    They will sell on ...or they already did ?

That looks buggy. He resigned before being appointed.

Plus, if you see all of the companies that he is a director, there is one for football index.

• @NewUser395079 said in Todays Announcement At A Glance:

It's just trash.

Their solution to everyones collapsing ports is to try and trick everyone by using a different, nonsensical metric to display the value.

Bravo.

I don't know why so many people are getting upset about this. You've got the option to set your portfolio to whichever value suits your trading style and target; so pick one.

I have mine on 'Buy Now' price and will continue to have it on that as I'm a long term trader and will be selling all my players on a spike when they approach my planned time to sell them. I have no interest in instant selling anyone or knowing the mid-price but others may want to have their ports valued that way.

• @Mere-Mortal thanks for the heads up

• @Erased-Citizen Really? You don't? Then you're either lying to yourself, or a bit dim.

People are upset because this was seen as a make or break update to turn around the tide of ill sentiment and stimulate the market.

and what we got was a load of nothing. Things that won't make a shred of difference, and to add to it, the notice that they're implementing the extra 2% commission to further strangle the market, and then ended it with the most patronising bit of text i've ever read, about portfolio values.

Wake up. That was a shitshow.

• Wow, this forum has really become a negative/toxic wasteland. No wonder most the sensible user's fucked off!

• @Splurger_Dan This update was the last chance for many people. and they blew it.

@Erased-Citizen Really? You don't? Then you're either lying to yourself, or a bit dim.

People are upset because this was seen as a make or break update to turn around the tide of ill sentiment and stimulate the market.

and what we got was a load of nothing. Things that won't make a shred of difference, and to add to it, the notice that they're implementing the extra 2% commission to further strangle the market, and then ended it with the most patronising bit of text i've ever read, about portfolio values.

Wake up. That was a shitshow.

I'm fully awake thank you. If you think it's that bad then sell up (when you can) and leave; nobody is stopping you.

• @Splurger_Dan said in Todays Announcement At A Glance:

Wow, this forum has really become a negative/toxic wasteland. No wonder most the sensible user's fucked off!

Yep but at least we have a warm, sensible place of discussion to go to on Dicsord. I'm just trying to save this forum and help new users or those who are struggling with some of the things I struggled with. I'm by no means experienced and I'm still very much learning myself but it is like banging your head against a wall in here.

• @Erased-Citizen I think you've just described a circle jerk.

Blindly prentending nothing is wrong won't help you, or anyone, you know.

@Erased-Citizen I think you've just described a circle jerk.

Blindly prentending nothing is wrong won't help you, or anyone, you know.

Oh yes, I must apologise for being so wrong and misleading people as of course you're 100% correct and being negative about everything is the way to grow the platform. I'm disgusted they haven't raised dividends to Bronze 瞿2, Silver 瞿20 and Gold 瞿1000. Even then it would be a shit show.

Grow up mate!

P.S. I will also add that I've never pretended that everything is perfect. There are some things that are wrong and need looking at. It's about balance but you seem to love being such a negative soul.