Rip off the plasters, throw open the windows- next Thursday the trading starts again 😎

• It will probably hurt like a kick to nuts, but next Thursday the stabilisers are coming off and we can finally get back to trading. The blue button price is gonna drop closer to the red button, but at least the stagnation will stop. A natural equilibrium will hopefully then be found, and the green roots of recovery will start to show. But it will take time. And it’s gonna hurt like hell to start with when the plasters get ripped off and our ports drop even further. Like we need to see more of that 😏 I’m just personally looking forward to buy and sell again.
    At the end of the day- the value is there, the yields are there- it’s just up to us to reach up and grab the low hanging fruit. The divs on offer are bloody incredible!

• If I’m not mistaken the bid floors are remaining in place so not quite removing the stabilisers unfortunately @Valhalla

• @NewUser653328 The artificial stabilisers are coming off. The spreads will close. The blue button will be reflective of what ppl currently want to pay.

• @Valhalla said in Rip off the plasters, throw open the windows- next Thursday the trading starts again 😎:

It will probably hurt like a kick to nuts, but next Thursday the stabilisers are coming off and we can finally get back to trading. The blue button price is gonna drop closer to the red button, but at least the stagnation will stop. A natural equilibrium will hopefully then be found, and the green roots of recovery will start to show. But it will take time. And it’s gonna hurt like hell to start with when the plasters get ripped off and our ports drop even further. Like we need to see more of that 😏 I’m just personally looking forward to buy and sell again.
    At the end of the day- the value is there, the yields are there- it’s just up to us to reach up and grab the low hanging fruit. The divs on offer are bloody incredible!

Yes can’t wait, if only they had done that and stuck with it from the start. They just delayed the inevitable and we’ve lost a few people along the way.
    No doubt some will return and new will come in once spreads are tighter and we have a fully functioning OB.
    Once OB are firmly in place and things settle down, only then should they be offering promotions.
    Can see a totally different market in 6 months time.
    Great time to buy players IMO.

• Yep, it is beginning of a bright new future. There may be some short term falls, but then the growth potential will be huge.

Prices could conceivably double or treble under the current dividend structure. It’s just a question of how long it takes for that to happen - 2 years would be my guess.

• The ports defaulting should prepare us for the change, and then the amount of shares shifting the price changing should make any further reduction a bit slower.

If that’s wrong then suspension of trading till everyone has remembered to stop shooting themselves in the foot.

• @Valhalla the word "value" has been in heavy rotation since brown Sunday. After three months of continual crashing the meaning is lost. We will be shopping in Poundland next week.

• @NewUser469373 in my eyes it’s all roses for any new punters. To come in now or next week and get some reasonable PB / MB players dirt cheap and some good ones for under £2 would be awesome!
    Like most people on here, then if only I was able to get more money out without loosing soo much but we are where we are!

• Before any changes we all should have been allowed to get all our my money and whatever profit and hold it until the changes are fully complete then start shopping again, I think we all fall into the idiot category or a bunch of children, if you call you your little don, emperor, guru etc you have some growing up to to.

• Next Thursday is the perfect time to join. I shall be recommending this entry point to a few friends who have been on the fence

• @Ericali they’ll probably get fucked over aswel somewhere down the line

• @Shnurgan I agree to an extent and certainly prices are cheaper than three months ago. But there is a difference between value and cost. And with a lack of liquidity and no sight of the bottom, Im not sure I would I would recommend FI to Donald trump. I know criticising FI in here is often frowned upon and I'm still putting money I cannot say any other rationale than faith for assuming things will improve.

• @Tiger2244 said in Rip off the plasters, throw open the windows- next Thursday the trading starts again 😎:

@Ericali they’ll probably get fucked over aswel somewhere down the line

Yeh, or double or treble their profits 💰

• @ocs123 I think the doubling or tripling in price stuff is nonsense for much of the market. Will Mbappe get to £16-£24m? Sancho the same? Kane at £10-15?

I think fantasy valuations, especially for some top end players, have contributed to a shitshow primarily of FI's making. There is fantastic value in terms of price relative to earning value but there are some players who are not getting back to pre-OB prices. I think now is the time to bid on dividends and not hopes of capital appreciation. The market has changed - there is less of the sort who would pay buy now price for Pogba before OBs came in and more seasoned traders weary after months of crashes.

I would agree there is incredible value dotted throughout the market though and players capable of returning their value in a single season. I've no firm idea about what will happen on Thursday but I expect there will be brilliant bargins but also rises in other players primed for dividends, especially IPDs, for the forseeable. Those well may rise early next week too, as traders look to take advantage of the zero commission.

Whatever happens, I expect things will look much better in a couple of weeks than they do now. Let's fucking hope so anyway.

• @Timmy well in theory there is a scenario in which capital appreciation might be back. There are only a limited numbers of shares for each players. Once those prices plummet and everyone has shares at the ‘yealds’ they would like (therefore no rush to sell) only way for ‘new money’ to acquire those players would be to offer above current price and either someone sell or FI mint new shares.

Now this of course might prove true for proven dividend earners (even sancho if we factor in media), however a plethora of players for which price rose for the most arcane circumstances are at the moment basically useless (from my portfolio - Troy parrot and brandon Williams being prime examples).

How long will it take? No idea, but once again the key is new money in - either from market makers, from come back customers or (wishful thinking) from expansion to new markets...

• @NewUser469373 said in Rip off the plasters, throw open the windows- next Thursday the trading starts again 😎:

@Valhalla the word "value" has been in heavy rotation since brown Sunday. After three months of continual crashing the meaning is lost. We will be shopping in Poundland next week.

Not really. They are still value. Just even more so. When we work out what the player is realistically expected to achieve in dividends in a year, and then compare that to what the cost- the “value” becomes glaring. The yields are tremendous. You gotta presume “big money” investors won’t be able to ignore that for long.

• @Tiger2244 said in Rip off the plasters, throw open the windows- next Thursday the trading starts again 😎:

Before any changes we all should have been allowed to get all our my money and whatever profit and hold it until the changes are fully complete then start shopping again,

Mildly agree. The problem with changes is that they happen mid bet for existing customers.

As for being able to get money and profit out, how do you measure profit? Certainly not the fake profit figure at the Buy Price which was never available to sellers. A lot of the apparent losses are due to traders over valuing ports in the first place.

I agree that people should have had the option get money out before the changes, but not sure how that would work in practice. They could have just taken the handbrake off and allowed traders to sell at IS decided by the market.

• @Honeylight I suggested on another thread which seemed to get a good response that FI give us a 24 hour amnesty using the average buy price (maybe IS price) of players between April-August, up to a maximum of original stake. The condition to using it is that the money has to be reinvested and can not withdrawn. It gives us all a chance to reset our ports to current market structure and massively improve liquidity. There was a poll on twitter yesterday that showed more than half of traders plan to sit on their ports and wait for market to rise, rather than take the hit and restructure. If this is the case, then I cant see liquidity and the market improving any time soon as we are mostly reliant on new cash to push the market.

• @Timmy said in Rip off the plasters, throw open the windows- next Thursday the trading starts again 😎:

@ocs123 I think the doubling or tripling in price stuff is nonsense for much of the market. Will Mbappe get to £16-£24m?

Not sure I would go all in on Mbappe at £24 Million

But I've seen some bargains

• @Kozo-Kira said in Rip off the plasters, throw open the windows- next Thursday the trading starts again 😎:

plethora

I can't put my finger on why.....But I do love that word.