Mbappe

• I took out a heavy investment in Mbappe a couple of months ago at £10.80, about £1500 - half the value of my port. I realise he hadn't justified his price at that point but I felt he was a safe enough investment.

Naturally we've seen reductions everywhere and his IS price is currently £6.95.

Other holders of Mbappe, are you holding on are have you cut your losses? Kimmich can be bought for around £5 - should I take the huge hit and buy up a more reliable performer or bite down and hope that transfer speculation and improved performances follow?

• @Sparks365 do it kimmich will make you money back mbappe will collapse further

• Hold mbappe!!! Why sell at a loss now? With euros an a possible move to real why sell now? Don’t be idiot like the rest an hit that panic button(IS) just sit back an relax

• @Sparks365 I have 150 and I'll be holding on to him. He will rocket when he moves to Liverpool at the end of the season! 👍(hopefully as I am an Lfc and Mbappe fan)

• I hold Mbappe too, not loads but I am planning on topping up soon which will also bring his average cost price down for me.

• If you're worried why not split startegy and sell half at a loss and put it into someone where you see value? Personally I'd be tempted to sell some at loss as I think having a cash balance for Thursday will be key as people are bound to over react when the handbrake is taken off.

• Two down votes, really. 🤷‍♂️

• @Harmonica I wasn't one of them but maybe cos you said 'when' and not 'if' ;)

• Edited....

• @Sparks365

Wait until his price becomes more stable after the drops.. once he stops dropping then top up if i was you. It will bring your avg price down and with time you be be in profit in my opinion.

• @Sparks365 I hold and have done for a while. Long term he still feels like a good hold to me, but lots of people looking shorter term at the moment, moving cash into immediate dividend earners. I actually think Mbappe will yield a reasonable amount this year and with Euros on the horizon, I expect him to be one of the beneficiaries when sentiment improves. However, I understand that looking at historic yields and his status as one of the most expensive players on the Index has put some off him.

I have a portfolio made up of mostly youngsters, bought with CA in mind, so the changes have hit my port harder than most, so I will continue to hold Mbappe for now, as he's one of the premium players that I think will at least bring in some dividends.

However, you need to do what's right for you and your appetite for risk, as clearly being one of the most expensive players does mean he's got further to fall than others.

• @Falcon I've never really understood the logic of buying purely to bring your average price down. If a player is performing and dropping why compound your loss by throwing good money after bad? I tend to hold or accept I've made a bad trade and look to make a better bet next time. Apologies if this sounds like I'm getting at you I'm not, I just genuinely do not understand why people do this instead of just holding of moving on.

• @Wynnston

Agree to certain point, but if you believe in the player, then you know with time he willl produce the goods and then you can sell when he is at a higher price.. not all but the extra shares you bought. .. .one example is that I did this with lo celso last year and it worked perfect as believed the player will come good.. .mind you some traders will be in the same position with lo celso again .. i feel lo celso has kind of bottomed out and now osnthe time to invest IF one feels he has the talent. If not then i agree you should not top up.

• Sell all while you still can, then invest in a few days ( I think Wednesday will be when he hits rock bottem) or invest the lot in cheaper PB players. Im all in on Kante at 31p but other options are available (Wilson, Aubameyang, James) are other options I looked at. Go cheap, they can't get much lower

• @Wynnston I understand where you are coming from in aspect of a player performing and still dropping, and people still throwing money into a player. However most players are dropping right now. Take Kane for instance... Still dropping but got media yesterday, possibly may today, and a chance of getting more in the next few days with a winning goal or something. In good form and has won PB aswell. Plus has the Euro's next year to look forward to.

There are players i'm down on that are still dropping I want out of but not willing to sell at such a loss, but Kane is one of those I will continue to buy

• Mbappe has always had the issue that he is competing with Neymar, who's style of play really suits FI and scores very highly when he's playing well. So, even when Mbappe does well, there's a fair chance that Neymar will beat him anyway.

However, I'm 99% certain that he will leave in the Summer. He will have 1 year left on his contract, wants to move to a more challenging league and PSG will not want him to leave for free.

He's constantly linked to Real Madrid & Liverpool and I expect Man Utd will go in for him too. So there's lots of media to come and, when he does move, he won't be competing against such a high level performer.

His actual scores this season are very good too - averaging over 180, which is close to what Neymar was doing last season, so he is perhaps maturing as a player.

I have had him in mind to look at after January. Considering that he's still only 21 years old, he should be worth at least the current £6.50 on the sell price, so I'd just keep hold of him and try to use new money on players like Kimmich a week or two before he returns from injury.

• Mbappe is relatively safe.

He is still only 21 and isn't going to drop in profile any time soon meaning that there is no pressure to sell as long as you don't need the money. He is a bit of an index health tracker in that if the index is doing well, he will fly, if badly then he will suffer as hasn't the weight of dividends. You have to hope that at some point in the next 3 years the index will fly again so you have time.

Over time, his media profile will expand - he's clearly being lined up as the next 'big name' .

If you can get out of without a hit then it would make sense to jump on Kimmich but likewise he's not a player you need to force an exit out of.

• I think Mbappe was maybe the most overpriced asset around at £10, after earning 14p in dividends in the previous year. Obviously he is better than that level of earnings and media speculation will heat up, but what if he signs a new PSG contract? If he doesnt come to the Prem, which he probably wont, how much will that media last? Will he really earn more in media between now and the end of the summer than Kane or Messi, both of whom look better for PB at present (with Messi top 2 for PB on the index).

Your money could be better spent elsewhere imo and there are plenty of options. Mbappe might go up 50p in a week but maybe another share 10% of his price goes up 10p, with similar PB earnings potential. And he will be great for Euro earnings but so will others.

• ...don’t get me started on Mbappe....🤣

• @Wynnston said in Mbappe:

@Falcon I've never really understood the logic of buying purely to bring your average price down. If a player is performing and dropping why compound your loss by throwing good money after bad? I tend to hold or accept I've made a bad trade and look to make a better bet next time. Apologies if this sounds like I'm getting at you I'm not, I just genuinely do not understand why people do this instead of just holding of moving on.

This tactic should only ever be used for players that you have a strong belief in (which I do with Mbappe). Trying to do this with players that are only likely to keep going down is a terrible strategy with an inevitable outcome.