Stick or Twist

• So I joined FI 18 months ago. It was a very different place back then. To provide some context, pre Covid i was prepping my portfolio with players who were potentially going to feature at the Euros and who had potential moves mooted. Not heavily influenced by PB previously as I've never shopped premiums but this strategy now seems to be the only way to make money.

IS obviously got removed and I sat tight as was generally recommended on here (I have been a long time lurker). Unfortunately we are nearly 12 months and the situation with prices has only worsened significantly. I had £800+ profit pre removal of IS and I'm now -£850 with players at their mid sell rate.

I'm under no illusions that I've made a number of mistakes during this time, hung on too long with some and lost faith too quickly with others.

I'm wondering if you could provide me some constructive feedback on my portfolio. Please bear in mind I've held the vast majority for 12+ months

Ibrahima Konate 30 shares @ 62p
    Jonathon Bamba 77 shares @ £1.21
    Victor Osimhen 92 shares @ 1.80
    Milot Rashica 91 shares @ 98p
    Pierluigi Gollini 118 shares @ 52p
    Adama Traore 94 shares £1.70
    Niklas Fullkrug 61 shares @ 35p
    Romelu Lukaku 50 shares @ £2.02
    Martin Hinteregger 85 shares @ 54p
    Patrik Schick 102 shares @ £1.06
    Domenico Berardi 95 shares @ £1.98
    Serhou Guirassy 133 shares @ 85p
    Aleksander Mitrovic 80 shares @ £1.05
    Thomas Strakosha 140 shares @ 53p
    Moussa Diaby 100 shares @ £2.20
    David Neres 72 shares @ £1.65
    Houssem Aouar 74 shares @ £2.13
    Cengiz Under 80 shares @ £1.47
    Dodi Lukebakio 107 shares @ 90p
    Samuel Bastien 199 shares @ 35p
    Habib Diallo 141 shares @ 97p
    Kristoffer Ajer 97 shares @ 77p
    Ryan Fraser 80 shares @ £1.30 (big mistake holding on post Newcastle move)
    Patson Daka 86 shares @ £1.20
    Arkadiusz Milik 115 shares @ £1.22
    Bruno Petkovic 198 shares @ 55p
    Xaver Schlager 165 shares @ 97p
    Julian Draxler 101 shares @ 97p
    Karol Linetty 137 shares @ 48p
    Sebastian Szymanski 80 shares @ £1

• This post is deleted!

• @AT10 he's put who he has

• @MUFC I hadn't initially I was trying to figure out how to attach screenshots but gave up

• @Selwyn I have no idea, never lets me add screenshots always says there is an error, fancy the index not being able to correctly set something up

• @MUFC lol

• Selwyn I have probably 50% of those players but it seems you bought them very high, there are some on there that should be kept as they may well still get a move or improve but there are also others I'd probably look to get out of.

It basically depends on whether you plan to stay about, sell up or do a bit of both. There are lots of bargains about at the moment but they're only any good if you plan to stay. If your planning on staying then start bring the price down by topping up on those you want to keep with those you don't.

For what it's worth I'd do the following but that's me and I'm staying.

Ibrahima Konate 30 shares @ 62p - Hold
    Jonathon Bamba 77 shares @ £1.21 - Hold
    Victor Osimhen 92 shares @ 1.80 - Already moved so probably sell unless you think he'll start scoring
    Milot Rashica 91 shares @ 98p - Hold, due a move
    Pierluigi Gollini 118 shares @ 52p - Hold, back from injury now so will be playing again soon.
    Adama Traore 94 shares £1.70 - Hold, move in the pipeline
    Niklas Fullkrug 61 shares @ 35p - Hard one, I've got him as well, good goalscorer but injured at present
    Romelu Lukaku 50 shares @ £2.02 - Hold always a goalscorer
    Martin Hinteregger 85 shares @ 54p - Hold good player
    Patrik Schick 102 shares @ £1.06 - Hold should start scoring
    Domenico Berardi 95 shares @ £1.98 - Hold good player
    Serhou Guirassy 133 shares @ 85p - Hold
    Aleksander Mitrovic 80 shares @ £1.05 - Sell
    Thomas Strakosha 140 shares @ 53p - Unsure
    Moussa Diaby 100 shares @ £2.20 - Hold
    David Neres 72 shares @ £1.65 - Hold or Sell, possible move but might have to be sacrificed as non PB
    Houssem Aouar 74 shares @ £2.13 - Hold, will move next season
    Cengiz Under 80 shares @ £1.47 - Hold, if it works at Leicester he'll move permanently
    Dodi Lukebakio 107 shares @ 90p - Good hold, young player who is starting to get more playing time
    Samuel Bastien 199 shares @ 35p - Sell
    Habib Diallo 141 shares @ 97p - Consider selling as he's already moved to Strasbourg
    Kristoffer Ajer 97 shares @ 77p - Hold as he may well be moving January or next season
    Ryan Fraser 80 shares @ £1.30 (big mistake holding on post Newcastle move) - Sell
    Patson Daka 86 shares @ £1.20 - Hold, probable move next season
    Arkadiusz Milik 115 shares @ £1.22 - Tricky, I've got him as well, will move as frozen out at Napoli but when?
    Bruno Petkovic 198 shares @ 55p - Unsure
    Xaver Schlager 165 shares @ 97p - Hold
    Julian Draxler 101 shares @ 97p - Try to sell as will have limited playing time at PSG or hold and wait for a move.
    Karol Linetty 137 shares @ 48p - Sell
    Sebastian Szymanski 80 shares @ £1 - Unsure

• I would try and renew for ipd before thursday

• @Mcalisp appreciate that. Makes me feel a bit more hopeful regarding the majority.

• @Selwyn I'd keep aouar and lukaku. The rest I'd sell get some new players ready for next months ipds and euros.

• @trig I would love to renew but cant get rid of players without instant selling at a huge loss if available, simply not prepared to throw more money at this in the current situation.

• @Mick-The-Pie I'm having to buy first at their lowest price and then selling again, only real works in the lower market but with the 1% commision coming back its ok. I admit it is taking hours and hours waiting for a sell to come up........

• @MUFC

The image has to be under a certain size... 1mb I think. If your screen shot is too big, there's a website (google shrink image) and there's loads that do it live, takes 2 seconds, it's free, etc)

• @Selwyn

I don't carefully track any of your players... so I won't pipe in about them... but.... Do you need to choose between Stick or Twist?

How about....

A few times each day, do a quick check to see if you can sell 1-10 shares of each hold at a significantly higher price than the SELL NOW price and if you can, sell those shares, then use the money to bid back on those players at their lowest bid. (Ensuring that after commission, you're left with more than what you started with.

This will achieve 4 things...

1.) You'll eventually end up with the same holds but some cash in the kitty left over.

2.) You'll learn the price of which you can buy and sell those players on a regular basis. You'll notice which ones you really struggle to sell and which ones just fly. What days they sell easier, etc.

3.) You'll have IPD's available on those shares you buy back

4.) The average BUY PRICE of your players will lower. This is purely a phycological thing. Over time, you'll start feeling a little more liquid because right now if you're BUY PRICE was £1.98 but you can only sell him for £1.50, you're seeing the loss but over time if you reduce that BUY PRICE to £1.60, all of a sudden the loss won't feel as big.

If your players take off, you won't be kicking yourself because you'll only have sold a few shares and if they fall, well, you'll know you were taking the best prices you could have been getting, so hopeully you won't kick yourself so hard.

Just food for thought...

• @CLACKETT absolutely shocking advice given the current sentiment of the market and valuation of players.

@Mcalisp very kind of you to go through that list for @Selwyn and I would say you're advice per players is very similar to what my own would be.

Milik is nearing the end of his contract, it's looking likely a move in January is on the cards and a few premier league teams have been mentioned, so that would be a safe hold.

Mitrovic, you're right, at this moment in time I would sell, especially after Serbia missing out on Euro. But I could also see a move on the horizon for him too, he stayed with Fulham after relegation, but I think they're in for a difficult season, and he would move to another PB league, and a better team, so there's a chance he will regain value.

@Dan-The-Man offered good advice too, and this was going to be my advice, change your mindset, you have a fair few very good players at almost reasonable price. I would be looking to bring the average price of the players down by buying a few more whilst they're ridiculously cheap.

Everyone is losing their shit at the minute because of the changes, but they're a fickle bunch, and in a few days/weeks time, this'll be on its feet again, and as many people posting about sellup up, will be moaning about having missed the boat.

Don't stress, you're purchases don't look half bad.

• @Mick-The-Pie said in Stick or Twist:

I would love to renew but cant get rid of players without instant selling at a huge loss if available, simply not prepared to throw more money at this in the current situation.

If you sell at a loss and then buy back for the same price you have only lost 2% commission and can earn IPD.

• @UncleBeard each to their own that's what I would do rate them two players others I wouldnt be bothered either way with the rest so if the money can be used beter in other players. What's the difference? Theres more than one way of making a few quid keeping players long term or chop n change and get some ipds while your doing it.? Y not? I think your advice of topping up on bad holds to lower ur avg is terrible advice! If proven players I'd agree.

• @CLACKETT I really think you may not have read my post correctly, come on, be honest now, you didn't read it did you? I said "you have a fair few very good players at almost reasonable price. I would be looking to bring the average price of the players down by buying a few more whilst they're ridiculously cheap." I said nothing about topping up on bad holds, so lets not misquote people now.

But "The rest I'd sell get some new players ready for next months ipds and euros." This advice is terrible, and you know it. How is that even conceivably possible given half the players on the index do not have a sell price, plus selling now would be at an absolutely incredible loss!?!

He needs to just ride out the next week and a half.

Why would you suggest selling whilst market sentiment is at almost an all time low, with no football on at the moment so no excitement or buzz about the place, whilst every other post is about people selling in fear and the market crashing?! It's just unacceptable to advise to do that.

Yeah each to their own, like you said, but if that's your advice, maybe keep it to yourself, for the sake of causing someone to make a serious mistake.

• @UncleBeard if any one on here cant make decisions for themselves and are solely on here on peoples advice and follow them. god help them.! They shouldn't be on here at all! It ain't like I said u got a pile of shit, sell at a massive loss and invest in sancho.! That would be terrible advice!😉

• Cheers to all who contributed. It has reinforced what sort of action is required for a number of players in my port.