Is any player worth more the £4?

• At the moment i can’t see why anyone would pay more.
    I’m still hopeful FI will flourish but can’t see why any player is worth more then 4 quid in today’s market
    Please tell my why I’m wrong

• @NewUser218220

Dividend yields, some players could return that £4 in a year yet you can hold them for 3 years, so top priced player should realistically be near £10 atm.

• Short answer No. I can't see how with the current dividend payouts. Much better with cheap players who are in the pay out leagues for IPD and who play first team football. Of course a £4 share could win you money in the long term but for me, no.

• @Geronimo159387 fantastic please tell me the name of player your thinking about

• @NewUser218220

Neymar returned £1.92 last year, realistically under the higher dividend structure he could make £4, Messi returned £2.81 & if you add Jan Man City transfer spec MB he should do £4 fairly easily, Kane did £1.12 but with Euros, Eng Captain & new deeper role & improved PB could push towards £4.

There's 3 that could realistically deliver £4 in a year under the new dividend structure or at least get close to it just off the top of my head.

• @Geronimo159387 yep I agree! There’s 3 anyone got any more? But how long has messi got let?

• @NewUser218220 said in Is any player worth more the £4?:

@Geronimo159387 fantastic please tell me the name of player your thinking about

I would recommend you do some research on dividend yields if you don't understand why anyone would pay more than 4 quid for an asset.

Given that a lot of players will return 4 quid over three years plus any resale value (Admittedly that is looking iffy at the moment) it's fairly ridiculous to ask if anyone who is worth 4 quid. It really is.

• @Deano4dawin said in Is any player worth more the £4?:

Short answer No. I can't see how with the current dividend payouts. Much better with cheap players who are in the pay out leagues for IPD and who play first team football. Of course a £4 share could win you money in the long term but for me, no.

Would be very careful with IPDs on the face of it, this is the group shafted the hardest by the buy commission which is very bad for short term trading.

• @SDOAFIT all I have asked for is the names of players you think are worth £4
    It’s a simple question?

• @NewUser218220 Go on your own instinct, don't rely on what others tell you. If you don't feel it's worth paying more than £4 for a player then don't!

• @NewUser218220 there are so so many players that will return over £4 in dividends though till the end of their career.

So many people struggle to value a player but it’s pretty simple you got to estimate their returns for their career and try guesstimate dividend increases etc

@SDOAFIT all I have asked for is the names of players you think are worth £4
    It’s a simple question?

Seriously other people have answered this. Neymar, Messi, Kane, Bruno are all likely to return that over 3 years. Rashford resale price plus divs over next three years will almost certainly be 4 quid plus. Can probably say that about the vast majority of the players currently 4 quid plus. The majority (not all) players in that price range are worth it or more.

Not saying for a second they won't drop between then or you won't be able to get better prices on Thursday but that wasn't the question.
    I have a cash balance as expect drops before then but that's another matter.

• @NewUser218220 You also get the sell on price of these players, it’s not all about the amount of divs they earn in that 3 years. May not be what you originally paid for them, but at the same time could be higher if you buy wisely?

• I wouldnt be surprised if the 3 year limit gets canned in the near future anyway

• @Gboar said in Is any player worth more the £4?:

@NewUser218220 there are so so many players that will return over £4 in dividends though till the end of their career.

So many people struggle to value a player but it’s pretty simple you got to estimate their returns for their career and try guesstimate dividend increases etc

Yep some players are easier than others.

You should be able to make reasonable valuations for Messi, kane, players like that. Logic says they should be worth way more than 4 quid.

It's the sanchos of this world that are much harder to value.

• The perpetual media review might bring some of the big name players outside England into this mix too

• @Martin-M said in Is any player worth more the £4?:

@NewUser218220 You also get the sell on price of these players, it’s not all about the amount of divs they earn in that 3 years. May not be what you originally paid for them, but at the same time could be higher if you buy wisely?

That's why I said, dividends plus resale value in 3 years. I agree the 3 year rule is probably going to go but for now have to assume it will be enforced.

It really shouldn't matter to a player valuation which should be based on lifetime divs but removal of it gives more freedom to find an exit point. If your 3 years runs out in the middle of a crash then you have a problem.

• @Brother-Seamus said in Is any player worth more the £4?:

The perpetual media review might bring some of the big name players outside England into this mix too

I expect it to still be UK dominated. If you hold a lot of UK media players probably sensible to hedge and hold likes of mbappe as well.

At the moment i can’t see why anyone would pay more.
    I’m still hopeful FI will flourish but can’t see why any player is worth more then 4 quid in today’s market

Look up “yields” or “ROI- Return on Investment” in the dictionary. I’d go a step further and say some players could comfortably justify a £15 price tag with the dividends they are expected to return.

• I would break the valuation down further as to what will they earn before the end of this season, as all valuations will change dependent on any dividend increases/decreases or new incentives at the proposed annual dividend review.

FI may have completely cocked up the last 6 months but they have without fail either increased dividends or added new ways of winning them each and every year.