Why are traders Market Listing

• Traders are worried about the future which I truly understand but what purpose does market listing achieve.

All that is happening is that the potential instant sell price gets lower so sentiment gets worse.

My advice to all that want to sell up is to de list your market sale shares wait a day and you will see any instant sell offers will have increased.

Currently by listing at market sale all you are doing is decreasing the instant sell price you may end up taking.

NOBODY IS BUYING AT MARKET SALE PRICE SO STOP UNDERCUTTING AND DELIST

• @Fletch tell me about it. πŸ™„ Ppl wail about falling prices, whilst mass listing themselves, perpetuating the problem. At some point the penny will drop and they will realise they β€œare” the problem.

• @Fletch

Every player is one single news story away from a rush of demand and if you aren't watching the market every 2 seconds, you're going to miss that chance unless you're listed.

I've had circumstances where I've bought a player for 54p, sold him at market price the next day for 84p, then bought him again for 55p the day after.

I'd recommend everyone to list their players at the prices that they are happy to sell at.

• I'm in no rush to instant sell anyone but I have set prices that I'd be happy to accept for some of my port, if it takes days, weeks or months for someone to pay that then I'm not fussed tbh

• @Dan-The-Man yeah that's the one if you got players in your port want rid but dont wanna instant sell this is the way list em and wait. No brainer!

• @CLACKETT said in Why are traders Market Listing:

@Dan-The-Man yeah that's the one if you got players in your port want rid but dont wanna instant sell this is the way list em and wait. No brainer!

Even if you don't want rid mate.

List em all.

If they sell, you'll be able to buy them back on bid at a huge discount, it's like getting a super dividend.

• The issue is, Everyone is acting in their own best interest rather than the interest of the market as a whole. Causing Market inefficiencies.

If you think prices are going to go up, Your listing to take advantage of the large spread and collecting more shares due to the difference in buying/selling price and refreshing there IS in the process.

If you think prices are going down, your listing to try and cash out. Its magnified by no IS prices as then they are left with only being able to market list.

Everyone has an incentive to list while the spread is still so big causing massive over - supplying appearing on the market, Even if the listers intend to re - buy.

• @Dan-The-Man yeah I'm always up for a bit more value πŸ‘

• @Dan-The-Man

Listing per se at a price your happy with is very different to constantly watching the price and every time it drops a penny delisting yours and re listing them 1p cheaper.

Your policy of listing at a price you want and waiting patiently is very different to the irrational behaviour we are see now.

Especially as I would guess these will eventually give up, de list and instant sell at a price they have in effect driven down.

• @Fletch said in Why are traders Market Listing:

@Dan-The-Man

Listing per se at a price your happy with is very different to constantly watching the price and every time it drops a penny delisting yours and re listing them 1p cheaper.

Your policy of listing at a price you want and waiting patiently is very different to the irrational behaviour we are see now.

Especially as I would guess these will eventually give up, de list and instant sell at a price they have in effect driven down.

If I see my players price has dropped, I chase it down Fletch. Obviously there's a cut off point where I stop... but in my experience, it's not like I'm going from 84p down to 60p, it's usually more like 84p to maybe 82p.

I know exactly what you're saying and of course, you're not wrong but say I drop from 84p to 82p, on a player I bought for 54p, I'm still looking at an Β£80 profit and then I'm back in again for 54p.

• @Dan-The-Man This is understandable if still in profit on a player and willing to take a few pence lower, however I feel other are not so sensible in this and will just keep going lower and lower, probably even taking an IS price lower than they had originally listed for!!

• @Lillychar1216 said in Why are traders Market Listing:

@Dan-The-Man This is understandable if still in profit on a player and willing to take a few pence lower, however I feel other are not so sensible in this and will just keep going lower and lower, probably even taking an IS price lower than they had originally listed for!!

I don't know if people are that daft, the spreads are that wide that you would have to be doing some serious chasing to drop out of profit.

Like say I chased it all the way down to 60p, it would still be like getting a 10% dividend on a 54p player.

• @Dan-The-Man

Again Dan that is not what is going on at present - today several players have seen there market sale prices drop considerably without probably 1 share changing hands.

I am trying to point out to those who are constantly listing delisting and listing again that all they have achieved is to drop the potential instant sell price even further down and add more negative sentiment which makes it even harder to get out of the player they no longer want.

It is not traders like yourself that are driving this behaviour it is the ones who want out so we should try to point out that this action does not help them at present.

• @Dan-The-Man

But currently nobody would market buy at 60p they would expect to find somebody desperate to get out at the instant sell of circa 40p so nothing would be gained only lost

• @Fletch

I guess it would help if we knew how circuit breakers work?

• Circuit breakers are basically going to freeze trading in a player or the market as a whole if prices start to collapse like on Brown Sunday - they are part of every major market and are there to prevent wholesale panic due to an unforseen event. This then gives a little time for the unforseen event to be resolved.

• @Dan-The-Man

I would not imagine they would have impacted today which is just a general down day on the market.

Like I have already said today has been a total waste of time for those who have market listed In the hope of getting out - all they have done is drive down the only price they have a short term chance of selling at further.

• i believe its because a lot of people really have zero understanding of yields, markets, orderbooks and will never understand it

i also believe it might be as low as 5-10 percent who arnt clever enough to understand or try and understand it...and thats enough to push the prices down as panic sets in

• One problem is people still are market buying!

• @Fletch said in Why are traders Market Listing:

Circuit breakers are basically going to freeze trading in a player or the market as a whole if prices start to collapse like on Brown Sunday - they are part of every major market and are there to prevent wholesale panic due to an unforseen event. This then gives a little time for the unforseen event to be resolved.

I understand the premise behind the circuit breakers but it's the specifics that I was hoping to hear from FI. IE, what specific circumstances will trigger them, how long with they last, etc. It's all a bit vague.

You'd be surprised by the number of people who are still using the Buy Now, I've had chats with folk on here, decent folk, lads who have been here for a long time, who just don't have the patience for bidding. In their own words, when they see the opportunity, they want in right there and then.

Right or wrong, that's their style of trading.

Even when I've posted screen shots of players who I've bought at the bottom of their spread, at various parts of the market... and shown the graphs with IS tracking on, to explain why the volatility is in on the IS price... It just doesn't tick their boxes.

The market has a design flaw at the minute. It punishes those who want to buy... that's the opposite of what a market should do.