Did Neymar just die?

• His price drop baffles me. So what, he injured. Is that it? Come on guys don’t be silly, Neymar is a key hold on the index. Don’t panic sell as you will end up regretting it.

• @Sol

What do you honestly value Neymar at? He returned 98p in the last 12 months and he's 28 so lets say he has 6 years of decent earning potential in him.

I don't know whether you think that 98p is representative of his earnings potential or if you think he'll earn more, let's say £1.50 though as that's a pretty decent increase. So 100 Neymar will earn £150 a year for the next 6 years.

Taking Football Index out of it, how much would you pay me today if I promised you I'd give you £150 a year for the next 6 years? Whatever that number is, divide it by 100 and that's a realistic figure for Neymar.

Personally I struggle to value him at his current value. However you might come to a completely different figure, depending on what you think he'll earn and what you required yield is. But just to say it's silly to sell without going through a valuation process doesn't make sense.

• No but Messi did

• I don't hold Neymar, but unfortunately, until Thursday this bullshit is going to continue as the idiots who are driving prices down intentionally or not can still manipulate the market

When the new mechanisms are live, I expect prices to start slowly increasing with spreads tightening

However, I would recommend that you keep buying through this downturn as I don't think we will see these prices again

• @Karl you will see lower prices on Thursday for a little while ,then it will stagnate price wise for a while the IS will fluctuate a lot and in time long time if sentiment comes back and FI stops fucking people over prices will eventually rise again but only if they can stop messing and confidence return

At that point people will come back in masses ,I will personally deposit again but no until I see tangible signs of recovery qnd most of all stability

• @GeoffS said in Did Neymar just die?:

@Sol

What do you honestly value Neymar at? He returned 98p in the last 12 months and he's 28 so lets say he has 6 years of decent earning potential in him.

I don't know whether you think that 98p is representative of his earnings potential or if you think he'll earn more, let's say £1.50 though as that's a pretty decent increase. So 100 Neymar will earn £150 a year for the next 6 years.

Taking Football Index out of it, how much would you pay me today if I promised you I'd give you £150 a year for the next 6 years? Whatever that number is, divide it by 100 and that's a realistic figure for Neymar.

I don’t understand your calculation at all. 👆🏻 Maybe I’m being thick. But it sounds gibberish. Also worth mentioning Neymar was injured large chunks of last season, so using the last12 months is probably not the most accurate comparison. And then we need to take into account dividends have doubled.
    If you held for the duration of the 3 years, you would presume, that not only the dividend haul would be considerable (if he’s stays fit) but so also would be the CA, in keeping with average growth of the platform.
    2 years ago I held Messi in a similar situation. He was creaming the divs, but people said he wasn’t worth holding because of the CA decline. Well Messi is comfortably above he was back then. Plus all the dividends. And Messi was 31 back then. Whilst Neymar is 2 years younger at 29 now. So for me, when all this flattens out and the market is healthier, he should be £10+ easily.

• @Sol said in Did Neymar just die?:

His price drop baffles me. So what, he injured. Is that it? Come on guys don’t be silly, Neymar is a key hold on the index. Don’t panic sell as you will end up regretting it.

To be honest buddy, it’s not just Neymar. Everyone is dirt cheap. 😉 Sancho £6.80!! He was £15 a couple months ago.

• @Valhalla

It was a genuine question to Sol, he was saying he couldn't understand the price drop in Neymar and I was asking him what he thought Neymar was actually worth.

Sorry I might have confused the issue by scaling it up to 100 Neymars. That was just to make it more realistic but lets just use 1 Neymar as an example.

Any investment should be valued based on the returns it generates. I used £1.50 as an example for Neymar's annual return, but that's just a guess, as you pointed out he was injured a lot last year so he could easily do more, however he does seem to be injured a lot so I'm not sure I'd want to take a punt on him staying injury free, but you might feel differently and might put a higher total on it.

Take whatever figure you think Neymar will return each season. Lets say £2. If this wasn't Football Index but a bond that pays out £2 a year for the next 6 years. How much would you pay for that bond today. Whatever that sum is that's the value of a share in Neymar.

As for CA. Why would Neymar be worth more in 3 years time when he's 32. His projected career dividends is less than it is now as he'll have 3 years less left of his career. So logically his value will go down. CA doesn't work like it used to as a players value isn't directly tied to how many shares are in circulation any more. So the growth of the platform no longer guarantees rises.